Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Body fat at 2 percent EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Body fat at 2 percent EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Body fat at 2 percent EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Body fat at 2 percent

+4
Silverlin
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
elan164
8 posters

Go down

Body fat at 2 percent Empty Body fat at 2 percent

Post  elan164 Sun May 30, 2010 7:59 am

Did a body fat percentage test; im at 2%. Ive lost 12 pounds from 192 to 180. Im 26 6'3 and have been going to the gym for 5 years. Ive almost completely eliminated bread from my diet and eat alot of meat and raw veggies. I feel like im waisting away and my hair isnt getting any better, actually seems worse. My joints are constantly sore (i take MSM, Krill, HA), maybe due to low body fat??? Ive order 500 worth of supps in the last 2 months. Im about ready to go back to eating breads, my body was in better overall shape before this diet change.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Body fat at 2 percent Empty Re: Body fat at 2 percent

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 30, 2010 8:50 am

elan164 - See how you do on this test:

http://www.naturalhealthyellowpages.com/metabolic/self_test.html

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun May 30, 2010 9:13 am

elan164,

This is not from a health point of view at all, but as far as muscle mass goes you need carbs. I've worked out my whole life, and I know from experience that if you eat too clean you don't gain too much muscle. You're going to have to up the carbs, but you don't need bread. Eat lots of brown rice...more fresh fruit. Eat eggs like they're going out of style.

I think everything about body building is unhealthy. Especially the fact that you need insulin to do it. That is why bodybuilders inject insulin. Body building is polar opposite of calorie restriction, which leads to longer lifespan. Yo have to consume much more energy (calories) than you need in order to out on muscle. Some fat is always going to accompany it. It is 100% impossible to put on only lean muscle when you gain weight/size. This is why bodybuilders "bulk up" and then they "cut up". You cannot do both at the same time. Even with certain steroids like oxandralone- which is known for solid lean muscle gains it is timely and difficult.

I don't mean to be discouraging because I am dealing with this dilemma as well- size vs. hair. Unfortunately there is no easy answer. You've got to eat carbs to get bigger. I would still avoid bread because it's not necessary.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun May 30, 2010 9:26 am

CS - Profile #2

Paradox - I eat lots of rice as of right now (basmati) and eat A LOT of food, avacados, eggs, salmon, beef, broccoli etc. Im not worried about gaining fat, i actually want some, i dont like being this "ripped". I can see all the bumps on my biceps, it looks weird. I ate a whole large hawaiian pizza yesterday (its all there was to eat at that time), weighed myself today - 178lbs. So discouraging to see this when you go to the gym. Im actually very close to trying some anavar or possibly deca - read good thing about joints from it. Im planning to go get my test levels checked. My diet was good before, the only thing i really changed was i cut out almost all bread, changed to mostly organic veggies and some meats and dont eat quiznos and the odd whopper as much, still do though.

Side note, my hair seems more diffuse lately, and the hairs are all thicker, curly and unmanageable - just like pubic hair, no joke. That is life i guess though, things could be worse.

Cheers

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun May 30, 2010 9:35 am

Another thing ive mentioned before about some of my friends that work out but use steroids. I can't think of one friend who is currently on some sort of injectable steroid that has worse hair than me and these people eat pizza pops, microwaveable dinners, processed foods etc. This isnt just 5 friends, i know about 25 maybe more that are on the juice and their hair is thick and they have thick facial hair. A thing which im lacking, doesnt grow from the sideburn to the chin. I asked some of my friends about this and they said once they got on the juice their facial hair grew in spots it never had before. I'm the healthiest person amongst all of my friends, cant even think of a person that comes close, yet my hair is the worst. I could deal with this if i was older, but at 26 its all that is on my mind and now the fact that im wasting away at the gym makes things even worse.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sun May 30, 2010 9:53 am

I second paradox with body building being generally unhealthy once you try and get 'massive'. You can still have some bulk, but its always best to be on the leaner side when it comes to health. Look at Bruce Lee.

Body fat at 2 percent Bruce-lee

Also you should check out some of those 'le parkour' guys, thats what real strength is about.

My advice with carbs would be, try some spelt sourdough bread, or even spelt/kefir sourdough. You should be A-OK on that. You should get on milk kefir as well. Great for muscle, great for hair.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 30, 2010 12:24 pm

elan164 - I almost forgot to mention, if you haven't already check to see if you are allergic to nightshade vegetables. Some are prone to joint problems from these.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Sun May 30, 2010 2:31 pm

elan164 wrote:Did a body fat percentage test; im at 2%. Ive lost 12 pounds from 192 to 180. Im 26 6'3 and have been going to the gym for 5 years. Ive almost completely eliminated bread from my diet and eat alot of meat and raw veggies. I feel like im waisting away and my hair isnt getting any better, actually seems worse. My joints are constantly sore (i take MSM, Krill, HA), maybe due to low body fat??? Ive order 500 worth of supps in the last 2 months. Im about ready to go back to eating breads, my body was in better overall shape before this diet change.

Engine 2 Diet!

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun May 30, 2010 3:45 pm

elan164 wrote:CS - Profile #2

Paradox - I eat lots of rice as of right now (basmati) and eat A LOT of food, avacados, eggs, salmon, beef, broccoli etc. Im not worried about gaining fat, i actually want some, i dont like being this "ripped". I can see all the bumps on my biceps, it looks weird. I ate a whole large hawaiian pizza yesterday (its all there was to eat at that time), weighed myself today - 178lbs. So discouraging to see this when you go to the gym. Im actually very close to trying some anavar or possibly deca - read good thing about joints from it. Im planning to go get my test levels checked. My diet was good before, the only thing i really changed was i cut out almost all bread, changed to mostly organic veggies and some meats and dont eat quiznos and the odd whopper as much, still do though.

Side note, my hair seems more diffuse lately, and the hairs are all thicker, curly and unmanageable - just like pubic hair, no joke. That is life i guess though, things could be worse.

Cheers

elan164,

Anavar (oxandrolone), like I mentioned is good for burning fat (thermogenic) and putting on lean muscle. It will make you more ripped though, and you say you want more fat. It is also ridiculously expensive. I have done lots of it, and bought it in Mexico. Even then it is super costly. I couldn't imagine paying 'street' price for it! I just started 7-keto dhea and so far it feels very very similar. I feel the thermogenic effect just like anavar, and I'm getting stronger with some lean mass as well. I would consider 7-keto as an alternative. It is expensive but much cheaper than anavar. Anavar will also shut down your testes in the kind of dose you want to be using to get a good effect. Many people will say it is a waste to us it (or deca, or anything else really) without testosterone. Once you pay that much for it and go to take it, you will find it hard not to add in some test to get your money's worth. Then you have more hairloss and more suppression of the testes.

I have done deca many times and hate the stuff with a passion. It will make me an emotional nutcase because it jacks up prolactin. It will also completely shut down the testes after 1 shot of 200mg (if memory serves). It will make you bloated and impotent (without test....hell maybe even with it). Deca- like they say- MUST be used with test. I couldn't even handle it with test. No energy...emotional....nightmare man!

Also....Don't get hung-up on what the scale says. Go by how you feel and look. Who cares if you're over 2 bills if it's water weight and fat. If you want water weight and less of a ripped look go with some creatine.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun May 30, 2010 4:25 pm

Thanks for your feedback Paradox. What are you using for the gym? I just had an order come in, ZMA, Testojack, and some other brain vits. Also already been taking maca, beta alanine, bcaas, glutamine, protein. Ive had a bottle of anavar for 2 months now, havent used it yet lol, maybe ill sell it to my friend, been tempted to take it though.

It feel like there could be some parasite or something eating part of my food or body. I feel like there is something wrong with my body an d its just not running right. Maybe im just searching for reasons. Ultimately id like to go see a doctor or naturopath that would listen and check me out without jumping to pump me with prescription meds or their supplements, but an honest one seems hard to come by.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  phoenix21 Sun May 30, 2010 4:28 pm

Are you sure that you are at 2%? What method did you use to take your body fat percentage? Im at 6.3% right now which is very low, but ive never been anywhere near 2%. I could be wrong, but it sounds like you may have digestive issues going on. I know ive mentioned it to you before, but I still think it would be unwise to mess with any kind of anabolic agents at this point. Im sure you would gain some size initially on steroids, but eventually you will need the extra calories from somewhere to maintain that newly gained size. If you already have some possible digestion or absorption issues, I dont think you would benefit from taking anything. You may have an exceptionally fast metabolism, but my best guess is that something else is causing your fat levels to be that low. 2% bf is just too low. Maybe a visit to the doc is in order. Keep us posted!

phoenix21

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Sun May 30, 2010 4:51 pm

Ya thats what im thinking too. The roid talk was just out of desperation, the ups and downs of life. I went to the local grocery store and tested my blood pressure and noticed the body fat machine, it only goes down to 5%. Went home and did a few online ones and they came back 2-3%, so yeah, im not certain, but it does explain why all my jeans need a belt or they fall right to the floor (was a 32 - 33 before) probably a 30-31 now. My muscles, mainly my biceps, look like lumps and dents. My face is thin, i could maybe post some pics.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun May 30, 2010 6:51 pm

You can't go buy those methods, they aren't accurate. You need to buy some fat calipers: http://www.google.com/search?hl=en&client=firefox-a&hs=G8I&rls=org.mozilla:en-US:official&ei=7RYCTJaeOY6GNpj2nDs&sa=X&oi=spellfullpage&resnum=0&ct=result&cd=2&ved=0CCMQvwUoAQ&q=body+fat+calipers&spell=1

I think your supps look good. Like I said before...creatine will bloat you up and add some pounds if that is what you're looking for. I'm just using 7-keto dhea right now with 5mg of regular dhea. Eating about 8 eggs a day and still pretty lean! I haven't been working out that hard though. Don't waste your time with the anavar. Sell it and use the money for something else. It works but it takes a while, and high dose (50-80mg/day). That's more than one bottle for sure! I really believe 7-keto will do almost the same for you. Remember I'm not speaking on what's "healthy" or good for hair per say. 7-keto is marketed as not converting to test/est but it does. I don't think nearly as much as dhea but it still does. Another note on bodybuilding: estrogen is needed in combo with testosterone for optimal mass. So if you take test with an aromatase inhibitor (like I have)....you will notice a fraction of the gains you would without an AI. This is because the estrogen is needed for muscle and water retention. Of course you probably know that estrogen is terrible for hair? I know man it's depressing stuff. You just have to be 'smart' about it and make small compromises. If you did everything best for hair, you wouldn't be able to really build too much muscle. I have no idea about the parasites, but I'd say it's highly unlikely. How old are you?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Mon May 31, 2010 6:06 am

elan164,

This doesn't surprise me. You see, it's common that you'll lose weight cutting out the gluten ... "especially" if you're gluten sensitive.

It would also be common to feel like you're not as in good health/addicted feeling if you're still consuming casein in your diet .... gluten and casein are similiar in addictive qualities as morphine.

What would actually surprise me is if someone here cut out gluten "100%" and didn't lose weight and didn't crave gluten at all. These are usually the ones that aren't gluten sensitive IME.

Also, keep in mind that 85% or so PCOS sufferers in one doctors practice was gluten sensitive. This gives an understanding of how high the prevalance in MPB would be.

My recommendation is to read up about gluten as much as possible. mercola.com and celiac.com are two good places.

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Mon May 31, 2010 12:30 pm

If an allergy to a certain food causes inflammation and then hair loss, why is it that it is primarily men that seem to have the problem. Im finding it hard to believe that what we eat is a significant factor in hair loss. You see it all the time fat obese men with perfect hair. Im going to go see a naturopath, i think i have some sort of hormonal imbalance or auto immune disorder.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 31, 2010 1:09 pm

elan164 - At this point, I would suggest seeing your doctor and requesting a lab test for Chlamydia infection. In cases of degenerative arthritis, some 62% are found to have an infection of Chlamydia in the synovial joint fluid.

Let's say if you tested "positive" for this, the treatment would be low-dose tetracycline.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Mon May 31, 2010 1:31 pm

hmmm, interesting, i may have this, i have had periods of burning sensation when peeing and even the urge to pee when i really didnt have to. Figured it was just a bladder infection and drank some cranberry juice, this was a few years ago. I guess it could still be with me since ive never taken any antibiotics for whatever it was.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Mon May 31, 2010 2:05 pm

You know I've had similar symptons as well. What kind of self treatment can be done for this?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon May 31, 2010 2:52 pm

try d-mannose

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down