Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
High-fat diet slows blood flow. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

High-fat diet slows blood flow.

+12
TK
Gibson
mickey
johnt
ridetheelementz
Decro435
DM5
fumanchu
LittleFighter
CausticSymmetry
blackjack
misterE
16 posters

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next

Go down

High-fat diet slows blood flow. Empty High-fat diet slows blood flow.

Post  misterE Thu May 27, 2010 4:49 am

(Starts at 2:54)

misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

High-fat diet slows blood flow. Empty Re: High-fat diet slows blood flow.

Post  blackjack Thu May 27, 2010 4:58 am

ok great

!Kung
Protein: 16%
Carbohydrate: 14%
Fat: 70%

SAN'S
Protein: 15%
Carbohydrate: 25%
Fat: 60%

Very low incidence of degenerative disease. Okay, so hunter-gatherers have what appears to be a protective diet and lifestyle, but are they disease-free? A glance at Eaton [1996, 1985] shows that the incidence of diabetes and heart disease is extremely low, and that their cholesterol levels are astonishingly low, ranging from roughly 105 to 145 in most cases [Eaton et al. 1988], especially given the high levels of (cooked) meat in their diet. They do suffer from some infectious diseases, and their lifespan is intermediate between that of developed nations and Third World agricultural nations (which, given the lack of medical care, indicates the superiority of hunter-gatherers' diets compared to a basic agricultural diet). It is important to understand that while hunter-gatherers suffer from more infectious disease than those of us living in modern sanitized conditions, so also do animals eating their native diet suffer from infectious diseases. Diet is but one factor in susceptibility to infectious disease. In terms of long-term health, a better way of determining if a diet is "good" or not in such circumstances is to compare the incidence of degenerative diseases such as cardiovascular disease or cancer. (Average life expectancy figures by themselves can be heavily influenced by factors not necessarily directly related to diet, such as infant mortality, death by accidents, etc. (See Dunn [1968] for a discussion of the influence of such factors on mortality in hunter-gatherers.)

Cancer rare. The following is from "Food, nutrition and the prevention of cancer: a global perspective," World Cancer Research Fund [1997, p. 35].

It has often been said that cancer was rare among gatherer-hunter and pastoral peoples living in remote parts of the world, such as the Himalayas, the Arctic and equatorial Africa, when these were first visited by explorers and missionaries [Williams 1908, Bulkley 1927, Schweitzer 1957]. A summary of these early accounts can be found in Cancer Wars [Proctor 1995]. Such accounts have been taken to mean that cancer was generally rare in early history. The African explorer, Dr. David Livingstone, suggested that cancer is a "disease of civilisation" [Maugh 1979]. Practically nothing is known about rates of cancer until careful records were first kept in Europe in the eighteenth century. These suggest that, historically, cancer might have been a relatively uncommon disease.

http://www.beyondveg.com/tu-j-l/raw-cooked/raw-cooked-3h.shtml

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu May 27, 2010 5:05 am

I recommend animal fat anyways and coconut oil. I'm thinking olive oil is fine.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu May 27, 2010 6:05 am

blackjack wrote:I recommend animal fat anyways and coconut oil. I'm thinking olive oil is fine.

The evidence just showed that the only fat that didn't slow blood flow was omega-3-fatty-acids; the only fat we should consume in balance with omega-6-fatty-acids. Why would you want to decrease blood flow by eating animal-fat, olive-fat or coconut-fat? Plus animal-fat contains aromatase enzymes, which as a result will increase your estrogen levels if you eat it [1] [2]!

[1] Effect of low-fat diet on female sex hormone levels.

[2] Effect of diet on the plasma levels, metabolism and excretion of estrogens.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu May 27, 2010 7:20 am

I dont know even if thats true, theres no way to convert to a 100% vegan.

a diet in moderation is key.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 27, 2010 7:30 am

Okay, I won't waste too much more time on this.

http://www.cholesterol-and-health.com/One-High-Saturated-Fat-Meal-Can-Be-Bad-Carrot-Cake-Coconut-Oil.html

My final point for now is that for thousands of years, the robust cultures surviving on a very high fat, high protein diet lived to very old age, died with all their teeth--no cavities, and baldness was very rare, even in the old.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu May 27, 2010 9:29 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
My final point for now is that for thousands of years, the robust cultures surviving on a very high fat, high protein diet lived to very old age, died with all their teeth--no cavities, and baldness was very rare, even in the old.

I disagree. Humans had very short lifespan on a high-fat diet. It was when humans developed agriculture and began to grow grains, beans and starches that our lifespan began to increase.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu May 27, 2010 10:19 am

misterE wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:

I disagree. Humans had very short lifespan on a high-fat diet. It was when humans developed agriculture and began to grow grains, beans and starches that our lifespan began to increase.

Those are your own deductions/opinions misterE, also listen to the experts.

These topics have been discussed many times before, and probably treated better in other forums and sites... You have a lot to research. My advice would be, listen to what honest EXPERTS in the field have to say, see the evidence and then make your own conclusions. As you can see, this topic you started isn't very popular despite how fundamentally important it is (diet)... most people are convinced of the opposite you are concluding based on your own opinions. Once again, not meaning to contradict you or offend you in any way, just trying to make a point.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  fumanchu Thu May 27, 2010 11:19 am

To add....improved sanitary conditions have much to do with greater life expectancy. I don't know about claiming extension of life ONLY on diet. There are many factors involved.

fumanchu

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Thu May 27, 2010 12:02 pm

LittleFighter wrote:

The experts says you can reverse atherosclerosis/heat disease and diabetes with a low-fat/high-fiber starch based vegan diet, how can anyone argue with the fact that Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Neal Barnard have reversed these conditions with the type of diet I propose...CS has failed to name a single doctor that has reversed heart disease or diabetes using a high-fat/high-cholesterol/high-protein (western) diet.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu May 27, 2010 12:50 pm

Why do 90% of people fail on a vegan diet?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu May 27, 2010 1:33 pm

misterE - I did supply a link to one doctor already, with positive proof of clean arteries on a high fat diet.

If you'd like another one, here is Dr. Al Sears.

http://www.amazon.com/Doctors-Heart-Beyond-Modern-Exercise/dp/0938045652/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&s=books&qid=1274926956&sr=8-1

Understand though that I myself have several years experience treating heart patients and have already written extensively on the subject myself.

I think what is happening here is that you're a new enlightened person who has succeeded with a vegan diet. Naturally, that is terrific! However, being in this business for as long as I have, I will tell you quite honestly, that there are a lot of less enthusiastic vegans also. It works great for some, but not for everyone. This is the message I'm trying to get across.

Clinically, there are huge differences on diet on different peoples biochemistry.

This link below is proof positive on the real culprit between regeneration and degeneration, and it's not fat, it's white foods, such as white sugar, white flour, etc.

http://gutenberg.net.au/ebooks02/0200251h.html

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Thu May 27, 2010 2:08 pm

All I know is since watching the "Food Inc" movie and going mostly organic, I have felt alot better about everything. That includes organic produce as well as poultry and wild-caught fish. I think some really big factors were leaving all the hydogenated oil and Monsano's soybean out of the equation. And then cutting my sugar intake down dramatically, and lowering the carbs as well. I subbed at the shop sugar desserts for stevia , xylitol and agave based desserts. Not to mention I stopped drinking or eating anything with HFCS. Except the Coke when I go nuts and have a burger, pizza, etc(I am human).

But for the first month when I started this off it was all organic and none of the above negative items. First, I added in Coconut oil to the Olive oil(already using) whenever I cook(need to get back to that more)as well as the Omega 3 supplementation. Not to mention eating more safflower or palm based snacks. My hairloss reduced and had never been more stable. My conclusion based on that was that not only do Transfats, sugar(from carbs as well) american soy, and pesticides add to our problem, but they amplify it pretty dramatically.

Go to your local health mart and check out the snacks. I never thought the stuff tasted that good. Most of it is beyond great, no lie! Substituting that bag of Doritios with Rice Chips cooked in palm oil or potato chips cooked in Avocado oil(awesome!)makes me feel good when I snack because, as long as I don't overdo it, I'm actually giving my hair a boost(reducing DHT). Not to mention coconut and olive oil which I totally dig. When I want something carbonated instead of Coke, I drink STEAZ which is a green tea seltzer, coming in various flavors stacked with B vitamins, C, and such using Stevia as the sweetner. That drink is kickass and a hairloss win-win.

I never thought it would have been that easy to make this change. Not to mention I feel great. Lowering the carbs and sugar had to have been the biggest plus because that is when I started to notice less fallout. That is the reason I am absolutely sold on the low carb theory.

That's my food story. My hopes are that everyone starts to try out some of these real, healthy, snacks and drinks and starts to buy more organic produce either from the farmerr's market the store or co-op. There is a huge chance(I am convinced) that it will lower your loss, boost your attitude and stick it to the Big 4 Food Companies(that control all our food, see the movie "Food Inc") that are only trying to make a quick buck at the disgusting and terribly great expense of our health and hair!
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu May 27, 2010 2:48 pm

misterE wrote:
LittleFighter wrote:

The experts says you can reverse atherosclerosis/heat disease and diabetes with a low-fat/high-fiber starch based vegan diet, how can anyone argue with the fact that Dr. Caldwell Esselstyn and Dr. Neal Barnard have reversed these conditions with the type of diet I propose...CS has failed to name a single doctor that has reversed heart disease or diabetes using a high-fat/high-cholesterol/high-protein (western) diet.

MisterE, one of the problems I see is that you are missing THE *KEY* POINTS:

Refined carbs (or just carbs for that matter), vegetable oils, refined sugars, grains, and many other poisons.

Actually the diet you mention resembles that of a skimo. Very high fat, cholesterol and protein... and essentially 0 carbs... yet they're healthy as they can be.

That's what you need to see, people!... see the missing points, don't be mislead.

Western is high-carb, high-refined carb, high vegetable oil (hydrogenated and damaged), high omega-6, and maybe also high cholesterol and saturated fat (though because of misleading recommendations, I would think that cholesterol and saturated fat consumption is going down a little bit and YET problem rates keep going higher and higher).

You are just mentioning Saturated Fat & Cholesterol! It's easy to blame and focus on cholesterol... but only ignorant (or innocent) people and Big Pharma are interested on concentrating on that and of course using drugs ($$$) to reduce it (and reduce your lifespan as previously mentioned).
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Thu May 27, 2010 2:59 pm

Another important point is that CS has mentioned many times that there isnt a particular diet
that fits everyone perfectly. Some might do better with more carbs and less protein, for instance. There are tests to determine your metabolic type.

He even mentions that on the main page and recommends people to determine his own body type because everyone's biochemistry is different. He's not the only supporter of this "idea", actually there are quite a few recognized and well known dr's who support metabolic typing.

What DOESN'T FIT ANYONE AT ALL are refined carbs, vegetable oils (hydrogenated, damaged), refined sugars, etc, etc... in part because UNLIKE SATURATED FAT AND CHOLESTEROL these are modern inventions designed to maximize profits in the areas of food industry and medical care.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Thu May 27, 2010 11:20 pm

The average American is on a dangerously low animal fat diet and been over the past 30 years.
The average American no longer uses the following but yet obesity and disease has SKYROCKETED
egg yolks
butter/lard
full fat milk
fatty beef

Instead we
eat the white in fear of yolk
use margarine or other vegetable based oil
by skim milk
by extra lean beef or trim fat off any meat.

Mist. Can you explain this?

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Thu May 27, 2010 11:57 pm

Are eggs good?

I fry up two eggs each morning with Olive oil... Is this good for me?
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 28, 2010 12:45 am

Decro435 wrote:Are eggs good?

I fry up two eggs each morning with Olive oil... Is this good for me?

It's good!

Just don't over cook them, and I would use coconut oil instead of olive oil... Coconut is way better, thanks to the SATURATED fat, it is more heat stable.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri May 28, 2010 12:46 am

i eat 12 whole raw eggs a day and have been for a few years..

my cholesterol was 165

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Decro435 Fri May 28, 2010 1:26 am

Well this is great news.. I've started really enjoying eggs in the morning now.

I've been looking around here for a good source of coconut oil to try, but I'm having a hard time locating any good retailers. I'm going to try a few Asian and Caribbean shops around here to see if they have a more pure source.
Decro435
Decro435

Back to top Go down

Post  ridetheelementz Fri May 28, 2010 2:58 am

While there will never be a diet that addresses 100% of the world population, I think that eating Paleo comes damn close to it. Milk, grain products, gluten, sugars, etc.... these are the x-factors that will cause lots of problems for people, some more than others. I for one would rather base my dietary principles on what our genetics were exposed to over millions of years, vs the agricultural advancements over the past 10,000. I don't believe in metabolic typing. I've put dozens of people on a diet rich in grass fed animal products, rich bone broth soups, grass fed butter, fresh veggies, fresh fruits, pastured eggs, coconut oil, etc - they all have thrived, and so have I. These foods make me feel and perform and my best, and I just don't think there is any coincidence in that result.

i eat 12 whole raw eggs a day and have been for a few years...
my cholesterol was 165

Keep in mind that there is a protein in raw egg whites called avidin that will bind with biotin, even in excess of what is contained in the yolk. Avidin is only inactivated by cooking the white. Raw eggs are cool once in a while, but I wouldn't necessarily make it a daily habit.

I've been looking around here for a good source of coconut oil to try, but I'm having a hard time locating any good retailers.
The best coconut oil products at the best prices: www.tropicaltraditions.com

ridetheelementz

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Fri May 28, 2010 3:11 am

The whole avidin thing is BS i looked in to it already.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Fri May 28, 2010 3:39 am

Actually I think you can get cheaper prices by using brands like Jarrow for coconut oil. Their quality is great in Extra Virgin Coconut oil.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri May 28, 2010 3:42 am

Littlefighter has a good point. I get my coconut oil here, price is very good compared to retail.

http://www.iherb.com/Nutiva-Organic-Extra-Virgin-Coconut-Oil-54-oz-1532-g/7311?at=0

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Fri May 28, 2010 5:53 am

LittleFighter wrote:

MisterE, one of the problems I see is that you are missing THE *KEY* POINTS:

Refined carbs (or just carbs for that matter), vegetable oils, refined sugars, grains, and many other poisons.

Now I do believe also that refined carbs like soda and candy are bad, vegetable oils are very bad, table-sugar is bad, but there are good carbs (starches and whole-grains) that have lots of fiber, which slows the release of glucose in the blood which slows the release of insulin. The fiber also lowers cholesterol and estrogen and is fermented into healthy substances in the colon.

All of Americans health problems began when Americans made meat, dairy, and processed-foods its dietary staple. All other countries that have a dietary staple of vegetables, beans, rice, corn, or potatoes has no baldness, no heart disease, no diabetes, no breast/prostate cancer, acne, impotence or any other diet related diseases.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 3 1, 2, 3  Next