Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
scalp peel EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
scalp peel EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
scalp peel EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
scalp peel EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
scalp peel EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
scalp peel EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
scalp peel EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
scalp peel EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
scalp peel EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

scalp peel

4 posters

Go down

scalp peel Empty scalp peel

Post  Yanks Sun May 23, 2010 6:47 am

For anyone well versed in scalp peels... I was wondering if doing a peel would cause a shed. I used some Scalpicin (3% Salicylic acid) a little over a week ago. The peel began and it's a pain because I have to deal with atremendous amount of dandruff. the problem is that I've had a ton of shedding along with the peeling. It's mostly thinner hairs and new vellus hair, but still. Is this normal? It seems to make sense and hopefully these hairs will grow back stronger, but it's driving me crazy as I haven't had a bad shed in while.

And is salycilic acid a bad choice? I like it's sebum dissolving properties. That's why I went with it.
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

scalp peel Empty Re: scalp peel

Post  misterE Sun May 23, 2010 9:43 am

Yanks wrote:

And is salycilic acid a bad choice? I like it's sebum dissolving properties. That's why I went with it.

Salicylic acid doesn't match the sebum dissolving properties of Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap. This product is the absolute best at removing sebum, better than nizoral or salicylic acid shampoo's. It's made from all natural, all organic essential oils, including jojoba oil, which is one of the most powerful sebum dissolvers yet discovered!

Check it out here: http://www.drbronner.com/DBMS/OLPE16/PeppermintLiquidSoap.htm

scalp peel Dr-bronners
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  TheFunkyStumpfighter Sun May 23, 2010 1:33 pm

Why choose one over the other? I use a 50/50 mix of Dr. Bronner's castile and a tea made of comfrey, white oak bark (natural salicylic acid), and burdock (with jojoba and GFSE thrown in on top). Dr. Bronner's makes good stuff, but I think the amount of oils they add as a means of offsetting its oil stripping effects is far too little to make any real impact. A mix of straight 50/50 Dr. Bronner's to water dries my hair out so badly that it becomes almost impossible to brush, and any extra water added creates a soap that doesn't lather.

That said, I love Dr. Bronner's as a base, but I do think that it's equally about what you add to it. Also, a boar bristle brush works really well in moving the sebum on the scalp up onto the hairs, where you can wash it away much more easily. I do a light brushing before showering (if you have a lot of sebum, itll cause your hair to get almost cakey with sebum and scalp debris), then a more vigorous brushing after showering for the exfoliation.

If your'e into experimenting, I have been adding lugols to my overnight clays/colloidal oatmeal mixtures for a week now, and that seems to really be helping with my terrible seb derm. I'm talking dandruff so thick that I can barely feel my scalp at all unless I'm really picking at it.

TheFunkyStumpfighter

Back to top Go down

Post  misterE Mon May 24, 2010 8:33 am

Well for me, Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap is the most efficient sebum dissolver I’ve came in contact with: it beats nizoral and t-sal!

The oils in Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap are very good at cleansing the scalp and removing years and years of sebum build up. Peppermint oil is shown to decrease sebum secretion and acts as a 5-alpha-reductase inhibitor [1]. Plus there are other benefits to Dr. Bronners Magic Peppermint Soap that I really appreciate; the bottle is made from recycled plastics and is biodegradable, the oils are all organic, it contains no synthetic chemicals, it is not tested on animals and is 100% vegan... all of which I appreciate and can sympathize with. So not only is it good for the scalp, it’s also good for the planet and the animals we share it with.

[1] Activity of herbal extracts on the control of sebum secretion.
misterE
misterE

Back to top Go down

Post  takingaction Mon May 31, 2010 4:19 pm

Sure, it could cause a shed. Maybe salicylic acid inflames your scalp. I, however, use it and don't think it causing me shedding (or regrowth).

takingaction

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down