Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Question for jdp EmptyYesterday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Question for jdp EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Question for jdp EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Question for jdp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Question for jdp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Question for jdp EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Question for jdp EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Question for jdp EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Question for jdp EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Question for jdp

+3
Hoppipolla
ubraj
big mike
7 posters

Go down

Question for jdp Empty Question for jdp

Post  big mike Wed May 12, 2010 4:58 am

Jdp,

You have quite a bit of dietary knowledge and I was hoping you can make some suggestions. I want to go on a strict diet free of lectins/oxalates/gluten as well as heal leaky gut and fight candida. I'm finding that almost all foods fall into one of these categories. I was eating a lot of spinach (oxalate), brown rice (lechins) and berries (oxalate) so now those are all out now. A lot of fruit seems to be bad for candida. I need some suggestions. Any ideas?

big mike

Back to top Go down

Question for jdp Empty Re: Question for jdp

Post  ubraj Wed May 12, 2010 12:37 pm

Hey big mike,

The trick is to find out which foods you're sensitive to. I personally recommend to drop everything and only eat rice, meat and water ... no supplements for a couple days or a couple weeks and note if you feel better. If you feel better then "slowly" start adding foods back in.

Regarding rice, it's the least problematic food you can consume for most everyone. Most rice is low in oxalates. Keep in mind though that most white rice is vitamin enriched and meaning there is a wheat coating on the rice.

If you have a problem with oxalates, candida will come under control. If you consume a low oxalate diet for a week or so and feel like you're starving or feel ill you probably have an oxalate issue. If so, make sure you join the yahoo forum.

Also, regarding candida make sure you don't have heavy metal issues.

The list of problematic foods from a hair loss perspective would be:

gluten
oxalates
lectins
msg & sulfites (don't forget that most shampoo contains MSG causing itchy scalp via hydrolyzed X protein)
too much fruit (if you're ancesters didn't originate on fruit)

also would want to look at gout remedies and aldosterone as well such as lemon water or apple cider vinegar (i.e. potassium) and/or celery seed extract and making sure not magnesium deficient so you can retain potasssium as well as not being hypothyroid, etc..

For mental issues you'll additionally want to look at these:

phenols, amines salicylates
corn
wheat
soy
casein

I left out some minor things but this gives a good idea what to look for

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  Hoppipolla Wed May 12, 2010 12:59 pm

Wow sorry to butt in but I like that idea of dropping down to a purely rice and meat diet for a short time to see how the body reacts, that's an incredibly clean and simple way to test for food sensitivities and analyze how your body reacts to things, I will have to remember that Smile

Thanks for the great post JDP Smile
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Thu May 13, 2010 2:23 am

JDP, you mentioned;
"Keep in mind though that most white rice is vitamin enriched and meaning there is a wheat coating on the rice. "

Is this saying that white rice is okay? (or better than brown?) I was always under the impression brown rice was much better than white and have been eating it pretty regularly recently.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu May 13, 2010 3:00 am

Brown rice is better.

If going with white rice, you may want to go with a gluten free white rice.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  randle20 Thu May 13, 2010 3:39 am

JDP,

Are there any supplements that come in handy when ingesting gluten foods/ oxalate foods. Its really hard to just drop everything you know? I've removed most of it but here and there it happens.
randle20
randle20

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Thu May 13, 2010 4:50 am

regarding oxalates, the yahoo forum has a lot of information regarding this ... much too much for me to type here. In short though, taking calcium before a meal. B6 and magnesium deficiency also causes your body to make excess oxalates. Biotin supplementation is off due to oxalates so biotin supplementation helps some. When your body is dumping excess oxalates, some like arginine supplementation ... oxalates mess with an enzyme pathway there. Beta Alanine/Carnosine is also low for those with excess oxalates. VSL#3 (Probiotic) is said to work well ... some strains of probiotics eat oxalates so to speak.

Regarding Gluten ----> DPP IV enzyme may help a bit. So will Digest Gold. Digest Gold has a bunch of reviews on iherb about food sensitivities and gluten. In reality, the reviews that say that it helps but not a miracle are the ones accurate IME. Also, N Acetyl Glucosamine may help .... but I'm not a fan IME. Also, fighting lyme disease as well as lyme and a lot of cases of celiac/gluten sensitivity are connected.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  big mike Thu May 13, 2010 8:03 am

Thanks for the info jdp

Does anyone know if the extra ingredients like rice flour in supps contain oxalates or lectins?

big mike

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Fri Jan 28, 2011 9:23 am

"If you have a problem with oxalates, candida will come under control. If you consume a low oxalate diet for a week or so and feel like you're starving or feel ill you probably have an oxalate issue. If so, make sure you join the yahoo forum. "

jdp - Why is it important to join the yahoo forum?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Jan 29, 2011 12:44 pm

Because there is virtually zero information on the problems with oxalates outside of that yahoo forum. All websites and actually current understanding is oxalates in regards to kidney stones. However, that yahoo forum goes very in depth on problems it causes with health. Problem being is that the info is very spread out at the forum. Takes days to navigate that forum and why I posted some info here and there on this forum to help others and simplify things.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Wed Mar 16, 2011 7:11 am

jdp - In a thread about diet you said:

"add a little non irradiated turmeric and coconut oil and a steak or fillet minon or chicken or hamburger with a little garlic and onion and avocodo on the side."

Arn't hamburgers bad because they are processed? Do I just aim for a 100% beef burger with no additives?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  elan164 Wed Mar 16, 2011 8:17 am

Learn to make your own hamburger patties or maybe he simply meant ground beef; grass fed of course.

elan164

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:17 am

For digesting gluten, this product will help.

http://tinyurl.com/6zu7fze

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 16, 2011 10:44 am

I should point out that in most cases, an allergy to wheat/gluten can be corrected with treatment of Candida albicans infection. This is a finding based on new research.

Turns out that Candida albicans makes hyphal wall protein 1. It does so to allow it to stick to the lining of the intestine so that it can remain after food digestion.

This is actually the very same protein in gliadin, which is in gluten. If someone takes an antibiotic or too many over a period, Candida overgrowth will often occur. With that, there is an immune response of T-cells targeting the Candida.

It's not just the Candida the T-cells are targeting, it's also hyphal wall protein 1. And since it appears to be the same protein to the body, ingesting wheat gluten also gets attacked, hence the inflammation response.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down