Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
So many products out there... EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
So many products out there... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
So many products out there... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
So many products out there... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
So many products out there... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
So many products out there... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
So many products out there... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
So many products out there... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
So many products out there... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

So many products out there...

2 posters

Go down

So many products out there... Empty So many products out there...

Post  Micah Thu Apr 08, 2010 5:46 am

Hello all, I am new to posting in this forum but have been reading it for quite a while.
A little background info:
I am 20 years old, I estimate my hairloss began 1-2 years ago, I can't be sure. I am at the stage where no one notices it is thinning except me. (I'm sure some of you have been in a similar situation) My hairline is still completely intact, my hairloss is a diffuse thinning pattern where everything is thinning equally on top. I am using Nizoral shampoo because I also started to get dandruff with my hairloss. Tried rogaine foam for like a week but it gave me awful headaches, and I really just realized I do NOT want to rub that poison in my head everyday.

I just ordered the top 6 and am excited, in the very lest it will help my skin and hopefully it will help my hair situation.

Now I have seen a ton of names thrown around in this forum: DIM, PM, Maca Powder, Coconut Oil, 7-hmr, Magnesium oil, Kefir, etc...

Because of my young age I am aware that androgen blockage is important to fight hairloss. I tried the saw palmetto thing out of desperation, but...awful sides. Still recovering, I am glad I stopped soon.
My question is this: I see all these awesome products mentioned, but I am confused as to what would be optimal for me. As far as dealing with the hormones and DHT, what is the best recommendation? I have searched the forum and am still unsure at this point...
As far as topicals go, what have you guys found is the best? Kefir, Magnesium oil, etc..?
Thanks guys, this is a really cool place

Micah

Back to top Go down

So many products out there... Empty Re: So many products out there...

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Apr 08, 2010 6:58 am

Micah - Welcome to the forum!

In my early days, I used to use beta sitosterol as a means for controlling DHT. It should only be used in small doses, somewhere between 50 and 100 mg per day once or twice per day.

However, you may not really need this if you're on the top 6 because, DHT is desentized and there is some downregulation of the androgen receptor.

As far as PM (Pueraria Mirifica) it's best to avoid it. DIM is beneficial for some closer to the age of 40, when estrogen metabolization becomes more of a factor. Iodine will negate any need for DIM or it's precursor IC-3

Also, you probably not need to worry about Maca either or 7-HMR.

Coconut oil is great for cooking--it's a matter of taste, or it can be used topically for some purposes.

Kefir (topical) is a relatively new concept and it was introduced here by Crusher. The skin is influenced by good and bad bacteria, so having kefir can provide a rich source of good bacteria to reduce the bad.

Magnesium oil improves the health of the skin barrier and is an excellent way to overcome a deficiency in magesium, which is some 40 to 50% of the population.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

So many products out there... Empty thanks!

Post  Micah Thu Apr 08, 2010 7:27 am

Very Happy Ah thank you so much! That was really helpful. I am looking forward to trying the top 6 regimen and will let you know how it works out for me.
I have also seen much talk on Iodine for thyroid regulation and the like. If one was to add iodine to the regimen, what is the proper dosage? Have people found it useful for hairloss?

Micah

Back to top Go down

So many products out there... Empty Re: So many products out there...

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down