Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^

Go down

Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^ Empty Hoppi's super duper unique new approach to tackling hair loss / making regimens! ^_^

Post  Hoppipolla Sun Mar 28, 2010 1:37 pm

I've been looking in the mirror. And I've been getting scared. My hair is thinning still, my hairline is ... a question mark (not literally Very Happy), but nonetheless I've been very concerned!

Now, I believe the cause of my loss is principally my thyroid. But how do I actually KNOW this? Answer... I don't. Not really. Not unless I climb in there and try to work it out! lol

So! I thought when designing a regimen, why not kind of design it in different levels? I mean, I know I'm a noob so maybe this is just some wacky phase lol, but I mean why not form a good, kind of "outer", "treating the symptoms" regimen, and then more levels working down to what you believe the problem to actually be?

For example, I am considering this (excuse my melodramatic level names! lol Smile ):

Frontline regimen:

Curcumin, resveratrol, beta-sitosterol, lignans, CoA or other sebum reducer, good diet, maybe Nizoral.

(This tackles closer to the SYMPTOMS. It is designed to lower 5ar, lower inflammation, lower estrogen, lift testosterone a bit, optimize SHBG, lower sebum, etc etc. Another example of this level would be the "big 3" that many people talk about on more general hair loss forums - finasteride, nizoral and minoxidil).

Backup regimen:

For me, this is to tackle stress, and things like that, it just helps the frontline regimen to succeed better, basically, and tackles things probably one step closer to the actual problem.

Magnesium, Vitamin C, Omega 3, particularly good diet, vitamin D.

Cure/solution regimen:

This is to tackle what you believe the actual core of the problem is. You can experiment, and when you feel confident that the triggers for your hair loss are solved, you can try removing the backup and frontline regimens, to see if it's worked! I am focusing on my thyroid most likely, so my solution regimen will be:

Sensoril, Iodine, Selenium.

Geddit? ^_^

Sorry, I know I'm overthinking this, hehe - I'm good at that! It's just you get so many people so scared and wanting to kill their shedding like NOW, or regrow NOW. And it seems silly to put all your eggs in one basket saying "ok I THIIIINK the cause is this..." and then of course you need to wait 3 months to find out, and in that time it could have been proven wrong, and more hair could have been lost ._.

So yeah! I hope this makes sense, and it's something I think I will definitely be doing Smile

Thanks for reading!

Hoppi! ^_^
Hoppipolla
Hoppipolla

http://www.hoppimike.com

Back to top Go down