Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Congratulations with !!! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Congratulations with !!! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Congratulations with !!! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Congratulations with !!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Congratulations with !!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Congratulations with !!! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Congratulations with !!! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Congratulations with !!! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Congratulations with !!! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Congratulations with !!!

5 posters

Go down

Congratulations with !!! Empty Congratulations with !!!

Post  Amaranthaceae Tue Mar 23, 2010 2:42 am

Congratulations with the Healthcare bill !!!

Godo work Barack!

You think im kidding? ..... think again

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Congratulations with !!! Empty Re: Congratulations with !!!

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:29 am

Most people I know have the same concern and it all boils down to money. How am I going to afford this? Will I be paying $1,000 more per year now? Or is it going to be closer to $3,000 more per year? If I don't get health insurance how much is the fine ... appears to be $695 per year.

I've talked to 3 people who already have health insurance and are saying a similiar tune ... how much is my bill going to rise to cover others. Senior citizens are saying similiar tune. I've talked to a couple family members who have been denied coverage from insurance companies and none of them is jumping up and down as they are unsure if the insurance companies will charge $10,000 per year to be covered. And if they can't afford it they're wondering how can they afford the $695 fine.

Of course the poor will be subsidized by the government but I don't know anyone that lives off of food stamps, section 8 housing and other government aid to get there take on it.

There are 3 people I know that are happy that the bill passed but they were just happy that something was done.

Why we couldn't break up the insurance companies like AT&T decades ago to bring back competition in the insurance field is beyond me. Or why we still aren't allowed to buy insurance across state lines thus lowering prices for everybody ....

The biggest winner in all this is the insurance companies.

Well, that's my uneducated, biased thoughts on the subject for those wondering what's going on over here.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 24, 2010 3:50 am

I like this quote

Now, let me get this straight......we pass[ed] a health care plan written by a committee whose chairman says he doesn't understand it, passed by a Congress that hasn't read it but exempts themselves from it, to be signed by a president that also is exempt from it and hasn't read it and who smokes, with funding administered by a treasury chief who didn't pay his taxes, all to be overseen by a surgeon general who is obese, and financed by a country that's broke.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:04 am

I wonder how this sick-care bill will affect practitioners of medicine who do not follow the party line of cut, burn and poison.

It's already pretty bad and from what I have heard, however I'm not sure what the impact will be.

Anyone know?

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:27 am

From what I can see from overhere, is that the health insurance sector are going to be severely weakened by this, atleast for now .. And that might turn out ot be important .. If people will get a genuine treatment foremest honest medicine, instead of something that keeps them sick or makes them sicker .. atleast its a possibility.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:30 am

You know, when it all comes down you are really only as happy as much as your willingness to give something to other people for free. The more you can give, the happier you are. The stuff about 'not wanting to pay for others' remind me so much of a relic of the previous century .. sooo 20th century. It just doesnt work on the long distance. When are you inecure people going to realise that giving something to others for free is NOT GOING TO KILL YOU. Really ..

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 24, 2010 4:49 am

CS,

You make a good point. I'm not sure if anyone knows but I'm sure it can't be good considering the lawmakers who are writing the bill and their connections.

North-Europe,

It's actually the opposite. Note how the insurance companies have been pushing for this bill. That should tell you something right there.

What passed isn't governement run health care like Europe or Canada, etc.. In short, all this bill does is force everybody to buy health insurance or face a fine. The insurance companies can still gouge us and charge us whatever they see fit.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:18 am

North-Europe wrote:From what I can see from overhere, is that the health insurance sector are going to be severely weakened by this, atleast for now

This was the headline on Bloomberg yesterday "U.S. Stocks Pare Decline as Health-Care Shares Gain on Overhaul"

I don't think this bill does much to address rising cost, but it probably is a step in the right direction. However, the insurance companies and drug companies will not take a hit...at least that is what wall street believes.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Wed Mar 24, 2010 5:40 am

What I can't figure out from Canada is are all those who are so strongly opposed to the bill opposed to the concept of universal health care or just this bill and its details specifically? If it is the former I scratch my head and wonder how people we are so my alike in so many ways can be so radically different in others. I just don't get it. If it is the latter I must admit I don't know or understand the specifics of this bill to make a knowledgeable comment.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Mar 24, 2010 8:43 am

huli,

It's the specifics for me and everyone I know but there are others that don't want government in health care as they are happy with their care as is.

You see, if the governement said because of our rising deficit everyone is being forced to buy health care provided by the governement that is similiar to Canada, Europe, etc. or pay a $695 fine, I'd be fine with that. And those that currently have health insurance you'll be paying more, I'd be fine. And years from now, the states have to raise taxes to pay for this as well, I'd be fine too as it would help prevent people from dying as not everyone will take their health in their own hands and will go conventional medicine. I don't mind being taxed even though it never works out for the better and keeping the government small and keeping taxes as low as possible is what really works.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum