Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Topical Melatonin?
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyYesterday at 1:10 pm by shaftless

» Probiotics
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyYesterday at 7:25 am by CF

» Vaccine Science and Myth
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptySat Jun 01, 2024 6:48 am by CausticSymmetry

» HMI-115: A Prolactin Receptor Antagonistic Antibody
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptySun May 26, 2024 10:50 am by CausticSymmetry

» oral thrush candida
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyFri May 24, 2024 1:02 pm by shaftless

» Does hair follicles taken in hair transplants donor area grow back?
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:40 pm by MikeGore

» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyThu May 23, 2024 10:38 pm by MikeGore

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptyWed May 22, 2024 4:56 am by JtheDreamer

» zombie cells
What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure?

2 posters

Go down

What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? Empty What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure?

Post  Paradox Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:37 am

I realize all the benefits from sun exposure, but there are still times when I am at the pool/beach, or out in the sun for over an hour during peak intensity that i know for sure I will burn. I have read that most sun screens contain carcinogens, and there are mixed opinions on natural oils (coconut, shea butter, etc.). What would be an effective non-carcinogenic natural, or store bought sun screen to use when you know burning will result otherwise?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure? Empty Re: What to use as suncreen for intense prolonged exposure?

Post  kijumn Mon Mar 15, 2010 6:52 am

http://www.iherb.com/Life-Extension-Enhanced-FernBlock-with-Sendara-30-Veggie-Caps/21214?at=0

The ashwaganda is used for a "14.5% reduction in cortisol levels in 98 chronically stressed individuals. This dose also resulted in a 13.2% increase in levels of the anti-aging hormone DHEA, which helps maintain the youthfulness of skin cells." If I'm not mistaken may also help with hyaluronic acid but not positive.

There is a cheaper option without the ashwaganda than the lifeextension but I can't find who makes it right now.

or you could take

Astaxanthin

Last year, I personally used high dose Krill before sun exposure and was happy with it. I believe happyman mentioned similiar. I believe it's said to last for about 4 hours and then you have to take more Astaxanthin/krill.

Shea Butter is about an SPF 4
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down