Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
cs and others: sociability EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
cs and others: sociability EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
cs and others: sociability EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
cs and others: sociability EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
cs and others: sociability EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
cs and others: sociability EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
cs and others: sociability EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
cs and others: sociability EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
cs and others: sociability EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

cs and others: sociability

+7
CausticSymmetry
Paradox
Gromit137
lund
Project: JS
sdguy
kijumn
11 posters

Go down

cs and others: sociability Empty cs and others: sociability

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 12:52 pm

Hey CS-

Is there anything that can be used to increase sociability or motivation to engage in more personal relationships?

Back to top Go down

cs and others: sociability Empty Re: cs and others: sociability

Post  kijumn Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:18 pm

kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  sdguy Thu Feb 11, 2010 1:58 pm

Is humifulvate the best way to chelate mercury?

sdguy

Back to top Go down

Post  Project: JS Thu Feb 11, 2010 2:36 pm

I think IH, Prague, Nid and a few other major contributes on this site could back me up on this but check out

Mucuna Pruriens - positive cocaine-like effects w/out the drawbacks,
Relora - anti-stress & mood elevator,
Damiana - mood and confidence, and
Maca - mood, sex drive, energy .

Its also worth trying Lecithin, Ashwagandha (sensoril), and Niacinimide.

Am I missing anything fellas? BTW I currently have all of these and take Niacinimide with each meal as well as the others on a regular basis depending on what I am sensing would be most beneficial based on how Im feeling mood and stress-wise and the situation I am planning to be in coming up.

And of course, the healthier you are and the better you feel, and the more in-shape you are, the more social you will feel.. at least this is true for me.

Project: JS

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:31 pm

Social Phobia?
OCD?
General anxiety?

Have you figured out where your issue is?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:36 pm

I would say general anxiety. I have managed to keep it down a little bit with iodine, krill oil, vit d and some other stuff. But alot of the time I'm not a really social person. I have a hard time connecting with other people. So there is some of a social anxiety.

Back to top Go down

Post  Gromit137 Thu Feb 11, 2010 3:54 pm

Lots of good reviews on one supplement here...

http://www.revolutionhealth.com/drugs-treatments/rating/l-theanine-theanine

I read 'mixed' results in various places but it's worth a try. I saw an interview with a doctor years ago ... he put a strong transdermal version on his friends wrists ... and claimed that within an hour, the guy became more sociable and positive around the people around him. Interesting.

Gromit137

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:38 pm

This is a good article on supplements for anxiety which help with sociability. There are many supplements out there, so it is not all-inclusive...but I like it.

http://www.aviva.ca/article.asp?articleid=10

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Feb 11, 2010 6:39 pm

I would look into lithium orotate as well.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Feb 11, 2010 7:29 pm

I second Paradox, lithium orotate is quite effective for social phobia.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:30 am

Damiana can improve relaxation if sexual inhibitions is the case.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  SouthEurope Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:34 am

On my personal experience this also works great: hypericum perforatum

SouthEurope

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Feb 12, 2010 3:55 am

CS-

What are the mechanisms that make you more sociable if your take lithium?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Feb 12, 2010 7:10 am

1..... - I'm not exactly sure how it works, however it probably has something to do with its inhibition of inositol monophosphatase.

According to Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, who has used natural lithium in his practice for 30 years, he recommends anyone should try lithium if they have a member in their family who was an alcoholic, especially a grandparent.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:19 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:According to Dr. Jonathan V. Wright, who has used natural lithium in his practice for 30 years, he recommends anyone should try lithium if they have a member in their family who was an alcoholic, especially a grandparent.

Good info. I didn't realize that ... most of my family/grandparents have been addicted to alcohol at one time in their life.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

cs and others: sociability Empty Have you ever considered...

Post  Jocko59 Fri Feb 12, 2010 9:07 am

That you simply aren't a terribly social person? Lots of people are like that. Lots of people are outgoing. Kind of depends on your genes and upbringing; probably more so your heredity. So, unless you are hugely unhappy with your social life/interactions you should probably go with your natural inclinations. It's hard to make a leopard change it's spots.

Jocko59

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Feb 12, 2010 11:50 am

Figure out the probable cause for your general anixety - there may be pathological reasons contrubuting to your elevated level of anxiety (if that's what it is).

1. toxins
2. allergies
3. poor diet
4. low / high cortisol --> screwed up HTPA --> causing improper balance of hormones/NTs
5. imbalance of neurotransmitters

Try picamilon, see where it takes you - it is Gaba bound to Niacin. You can also try Phenibut, but it builds tolerance quickly.

Again these would be experiments to see if lowering your general anxiety will open you up to become a social butterfly you want to be...if you see a change then you go from there...

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:27 pm

I have to chime in here - you can take all sorts of pills natural or the kind pumped by legal drug dealers - hoping to find the "magic bullet".

But at the end of the day, the solution lies within yourself.

I've had bouts of social anxiety at various points in my life (as has any normal person - I think public speaking rates higher on the "biggest fears" list than death).

My point is, if you are anxious in social situations:

a) realize it is actually normal - most people are a bit uncomforatble or feel awkward in a lot of social situations (personally I cant stand having to make "small talk")

b) try to view life through a wider lens - what the hell is the worst thing that can happen in any given social situation? you embarrass yourself? seriously - try to think of the worst possible thing that could ever happen that would cause you to feel anxious. Then realize that the next day, nobody is going to give a rat's ass that it ever happened because they will be too busy tending to their own lives.

In sum, I believe if you can change your outlook on life, you won't need any pills.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 12, 2010 4:43 pm

scottyc33 wrote:I have to chime in here - you can take all sorts of pills natural or the kind pumped by legal drug dealers - hoping to find the "magic bullet".

But at the end of the day, the solution lies within yourself.

I've had bouts of social anxiety at various points in my life (as has any normal person - I think public speaking rates higher on the "biggest fears" list than death).

My point is, if you are anxious in social situations:

a) realize it is actually normal - most people are a bit uncomforatble or feel awkward in a lot of social situations (personally I cant stand having to make "small talk")

b) try to view life through a wider lens - what the hell is the worst thing that can happen in any given social situation? you embarrass yourself? seriously - try to think of the worst possible thing that could ever happen that would cause you to feel anxious. Then realize that the next day, nobody is going to give a rat's ass that it ever happened because they will be too busy tending to their own lives.

In sum, I believe if you can change your outlook on life, you won't need any pills.

That's great advice. Once you realize that every other human being is thinking about themselves and how everything relates to them 24/7 (human condition) you realize how little other people actually care. If you look to your own experience you can see that everything you think relates to "me". Everyone else is exactly the same.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Fri Feb 12, 2010 8:43 pm

Alternative to Anti-Anxiety Drugs

Athough there are dozens of different names for Vitamin B3, there are actually only three different forms - niacin, inositol hexaniacinate, and niacinamide. The second two forms are just niacin molecules attached to other substances to change their molecular structure and therefore change their therapeutic benefits.
Niacinamide, or amide of niacin, is a molecule of niacin attached to another substance called an amide. In this form, you will not get the flushing effect(redness, itching, and heat) associated with high doses of regular niacin. You will usually see this labeled as a "flush-free source of vitamin B3", but make sure it's niacinamide and not inositol hexaniacinate, as the inositol form is also flush free. Among many other benefits, niacinamide has been found in both scientific studies and numerous user reports to have the same or stronger anti-anxiety effects than benzodiazepines without the dangerous side effects or highly addictive properties of benzos or the uncomfortable flushing effect of regular niacin.

Most doctors who are aware of niacinamide's anti-anxiety effects will probably start you off at 500mg 3 times daily and slowly increase the dosage until the desired effect is achieved. Some people require as much as 6000mg daily to achieve optimal results.

Although rarely associated with any side effects, you should always consult a healthcare professional before trying niacinamide in any high dosage, especially if you have liver problems.

If you are one of the tens of millions of people around the world taking Xanax, Klonopin, Valium, Ativan, or any other anti-anxiety drugs in a class called benzodiazepines, you might want to consider a healthier, natural alternative known as niacinamide.

Benzodiazepenes have been linked to some very serious side effects, ranging from mild cognitive dysfunction to extreme addiction to death. In the 1990's, statistics show that there were more benzo-related deaths than deaths from heroin, morphine, and cocaine combined.

Studies show that benzos can become highly addictive within just 4 weeks, and once addicted, it is quite difficult and can even be dangerous to end use of the medication even when weaned off slowly over several years. Also, in long-term usage, they can actually increase the psychiatric and anxiety-related problems they were meant to help.

So how about a healthy alternative? Not only one that can work as well or better than benzos without the dangerous side effects and with a similar mechanism of action, but one that has also shown in clinical studies to significantly decrease withdrawal effects from benzos.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Feb 22, 2010 9:20 am

jdp, in your opinions, whats the best way to get rid of metals?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum