Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyToday at 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyToday at 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
high intensity short duration cardio exercise EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

high intensity short duration cardio exercise

+5
Hairbeback
nidhogge
CausticSymmetry
hopeful19
Icanbeatthis
9 posters

Go down

high intensity short duration cardio exercise Empty high intensity short duration cardio exercise

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:23 am

Hey guys!

I have been doing some research these past couple of months on exercise's role in hair loss and I'd like to get some of your input on this.

So looking at the body composition of a marathon runner or someone who does alot of cardio exercise for 20+ mins a couple times a week it seems like it has a detrimental effect on their hair and bodies. I've come to believe that the human body isn't designed to be pushed for 20+ mins without rest, the hormonal changes it creates lead to muscle wasting due to high cortisol and a couple studies I've read show that people who do alot of cardio are more prone to actualy suffer from heart disease.

Now if we look at a sprinter instead we can see a huge difference, usualy full head of hair, muscular and overall super healthy looking. I think the body was designed to adapt to intense short bursts of exercise because if you push yourself to the limit it signals your body that it needs to adapt (become stronger) to cope with the situation. It seems that keeping your cardio work to under 15 mins is ideal (I personaly do 10 mins a day now) for hormonal balance. Sprinting stimulates the pituary gland to produce HGH and studies show that it improves insulin resistance dramaticaly in a short amount of time. The key is that those 10 mins that I do need to be pretty intense, not 10 mins full stop but a 30-40 second sprint and then 2 mins of light bouncing followed by another sprint until my 10 mins is up.

I do my cardio work on a rebounder (mini-trampoline) and just by jumping 10 mins a day on this thing for 90 days my entire physique has changed dramaticaly, there's really nothing else like it. I don't like weights and I'm starting to get really buff, the effect of gravity when you rebound puts more pressure on all your cells and it forces them to adapt by getting stronger. I'm interested to see if it has any effect on hair in the long term because the changes that it produces on a physical level are nothing short of incredible.

I'd be interested to hear what you guys think about this!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

high intensity short duration cardio exercise Empty Re: high intensity short duration cardio exercise

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:25 am

I meant to say I don't ''do'' weights right now, not that I don't ''like'' weights.

This forum really needs an edit function haha!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

high intensity short duration cardio exercise Empty Re: high intensity short duration cardio exercise

Post  hopeful19 Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:33 am

When you are comparing marathon runner with sprinters, you need to keep in mind that sprinters are as you say more healthy looking and muscular because they work on activating the fast twitch fibers and maximizing power. Whereas marathoners try to keep their weight to a minimum as a larger body requires more oxygen.

hopeful19

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Jan 22, 2010 8:41 am

That is kind of my point, the activity they do makes their body adapt a certain way. Sprinters develop the fast twitch fibers in order to become explosive and powerful, marathon runners body go into life support mode.

The things you put your body through end up defining it's characteristics.

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 22, 2010 1:48 pm

Icanbeatthis - Totally agree with your points. Basically, it's the difference between anaerobic and aerobics. Too much aerobics and breakdown tissue, whereas anaerobic builds on tissue.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Fri Jan 22, 2010 2:05 pm

What do you think about the rise in HGH after sprinting, it should theoreticaly be a good thing right? I'm a bit confused about IGF-1 and HGH in relation to hair loss...

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Fri Jan 22, 2010 3:50 pm

Icanbeatthis--

Yep, it can be a good thing.

High intensity training is the healthiest form of exercise in my book.

Interested in a Laser Helmet, or curious about how you can utilize LLLT (Low-Level Laser Therapy) treatments in our fight against Hair Loss in general? Then, by all means, feel free to drop me a private message!!!

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Fri Jan 22, 2010 6:33 pm

This is probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between aerobic ro anearbic exercise? I usually do the eliptical cardio for 30 minutes straight I hate lifting weights. Any sugestions or advice? thanks.

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  xyion1 Fri Jan 22, 2010 11:10 pm

Hairbeback wrote:This is probably a dumb question, but what is the difference between aerobic ro anearbic exercise? I usually do the eliptical cardio for 30 minutes straight I hate lifting weights. Any sugestions or advice? thanks.

Its based on your heart rate.

Very simply put, aerobic = "cardio" or endurance training, anaerobic = resistance or interval training.

Check out this chart from Wikipedia:

high intensity short duration cardio exercise 800px-Exercise_zones

xyion1

Back to top Go down

Post  hopeful19 Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:17 am

If you watch the tour de france, you will see that most cyclists have full heads of hair even though they ride upwards of 500 miles per week?

hopeful19

Back to top Go down

Post  Icanbeatthis Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:42 am

I didn't say it was going to make people who aren't susceptible to baldness go bald without fail. It does create physical changes that would impact hair negatively for someone who is more prone to lose it.

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Sat Jan 23, 2010 2:51 am

Good point about the cycling thing. I'm a road cyclist, and I think that cycling is semi-interval training. Because you go full speed until you get to a stop light then you wait along side the cars while you rest, then when the light turns green you shoot off again while racing the cars beside you. Wheras a distance runner will just go for one hour long run without rest. Also, look at the body differences between a cyclist and a distance runner. A distance runner is skinny, a cyclist is thin usually but has broad shoulders and toned arms. I don't know why, maybe because of the upper body endurance required to hold ourselves up on our handles for an hour?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sat Jan 23, 2010 3:49 am

Remember, marathon runners live on the edge of having an eating disorder, and many do. When it comes to cykling, I have never heard of it being a major issue.

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Jan 23, 2010 4:17 am

Is it alright to say, perform interval training for 15 minutes, maybe have 10 minutes or so rest, then another 15 minute interval training on another machine? Me and some mates always go to the gym and usually spend 1-2 hours there and I don't want to be going or doing nothing for that long, also I don't want to pay to only stay 15 minutes.

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  xyion1 Mon Jan 25, 2010 11:04 pm

tooyoung wrote:Is it alright to say, perform interval training for 15 minutes, maybe have 10 minutes or so rest, then another 15 minute interval training on another machine? Me and some mates always go to the gym and usually spend 1-2 hours there and I don't want to be going or doing nothing for that long, also I don't want to pay to only stay 15 minutes.

If you do interval training correctly, you won't be able to do more than 15-20 minutes or so. You should be far too tired to even consider doing a second interval set. Of course you can always walk on a treadmill or something like that.

xyion1

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down