Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Fighting Craving for food EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Fighting Craving for food EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Fighting Craving for food EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Fighting Craving for food EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Fighting Craving for food EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Fighting Craving for food EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Fighting Craving for food EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Fighting Craving for food EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Fighting Craving for food EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Fighting Craving for food

+4
Gibson
kirtanyogi
The Natural
LittleFighter
8 posters

Go down

Fighting Craving for food Empty Fighting Craving for food

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 4:57 pm

I am trying to stick to a JDP like diet but I always have the cravings to eat. I could eat all thoughout the day if I wanted to. I seem to crave grains like bread. Is there anything I can do to make me feel fuller and stick to eating just 3 meals without snacking throughout the day? Anything I can do to fight the cravings?

Back to top Go down

Fighting Craving for food Empty Re: Fighting Craving for food

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:07 pm

1..... wrote:I am trying to stick to a JDP like diet but I always have the cravings to eat. I could eat all thoughout the day if I wanted to. I seem to crave grains like bread. Is there anything I can do to make me feel fuller and stick to eating just 3 meals without snacking throughout the day? Anything I can do to fight the cravings?

I think that when you have good insulin regulation (through optimal levels of all nutrients, good bowel flora, low heay metal levels, etc) your cravings will be reduced.

Have strategies, substitute crap for something good... sometimes when craving bread for example, I just take some carrots, add lime and pepper and boom, the cravings for bread vanished. I think it is valid, once you are all ok, to cheat from once in a while... (I have a weakness for pizza)

There are various effective mental tactics to achieve your goals without pain. NLP, EFT are just a few ones... NLP's anchoring technique works great.

I wouldnt just ignore the cravings... your body is telling you something... so there's something wrong inside you, like you need to raise your sugar levels due to suboptimal insulin regulation, bad flora... or just too few calories, maybe you are a mixed type... or a carb type!

Adding oils, like coconut and olive, could help to stabilize blood sugar levels.... just a few ideas.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:24 pm

Exercise, in particular, jogging always reduces my craving for oily foods and sweets. Establish a good aerobic routine, and I think you'll be amazed by the difference.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Jan 13, 2010 5:43 pm

LittleFighter wrote:
1..... wrote:I am trying to stick to a JDP like diet but I always have the cravings to eat. I could eat all thoughout the day if I wanted to. I seem to crave grains like bread. Is there anything I can do to make me feel fuller and stick to eating just 3 meals without snacking throughout the day? Anything I can do to fight the cravings?

I think that when you have good insulin regulation (through optimal levels of all nutrients, good bowel flora, low heay metal levels, etc) your cravings will be reduced.

Have strategies, substitute crap for something good... sometimes when craving bread for example, I just take some carrots, add lime and pepper and boom, the cravings for bread vanished. I think it is valid, once you are all ok, to cheat from once in a while... (I have a weakness for pizza)

There are various effective mental tactics to achieve your goals without pain. NLP, EFT are just a few ones... NLP's anchoring technique works great.

I wouldnt just ignore the cravings... your body is telling you something... so there's something wrong inside you, like you need to raise your sugar levels due to suboptimal insulin regulation, bad flora... or just too few calories, maybe you are a mixed type... or a carb type!

Adding oils, like coconut and olive, could help to stabilize blood sugar levels.... just a few ideas.

Thanks, what are your recommendations for good bowel flora ?

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:03 pm

From research and my own personal experience, Saccharomyces Boulardii (good yeast) and Lactobacillus GG are the best options. These two are hardy strains, specially LGG (human strain).

Other more "ordinary" probiotics can be very beneficial too, but I can ONLY recommend these two if you have Leaky Gut Syndrome. Others like Jarrow EPS (it's a shame cause it is a great product) give users like me nasty symptopms like never ending die-off, fatigue, swollen lymph nodes, constipation... Possible reasons: some strains can be proinflammatory, produce d-lactate, irritate the lining of the intestines, organisms or proteins leaking in, etc. I went a little bit off-topic in here.

You can make yogurt with LGG (if you dont want to keep taking capsules). I add fruit to home made yogurt and tastes just so great.

Lactobacillus DDS-1 strain is another very good probiotic, hardy, lots of benefits too, quite researched... Once again, if you have an injured gut, the two original strains mentioned above are the only ones I can safely recommend!

Good luck
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 13, 2010 6:08 pm

BTW, if you have a "hidden" illness with mysterious symptoms like fatigue, brain fog, fever, etc, you may have dysbiosis. Candida is just one of the MANY possibilities (this is important people, you have to understand this). If this is the case, I've found that you NEED to change your diet, USE antifungals (natural, powerful ones) and USE probiotics for a few months.

Once again, I'm going off-topic with this... just thought it could be helpful for some people.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:00 am

on another note, my mouth gets really watery as part of the cravings

Back to top Go down

Post  kirtanyogi Thu Jan 14, 2010 9:07 am

I found L- Glutamine really helpful with my carb cravings. It´s also great for the gut. I´d recommend you to take 500 mg four times a day (waking up, mid morning, mid afternoon and before bedtime on an empty stomach) and an extra pill whenever you crave. I would also recommend you to eat some protein everytime you eat. It worked with me, grains don´t look like food anymore for me... I think is really hard to fight against yourself, we don´t have the same determination everyday, above all if we have candida or any other chemical imbalance. It can lead to serious frustration. Give you a break and let the chemistry work, you´ll know when to stop with glutamine. Good luck

kirtanyogi

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:27 am

I've found that starting the day with a hemp protein shake suppresses my appetite significantly. I'm using this one:

http://www.vitacost.com/Manitoba-Harvest-Hemp-Pro-50?csrc=GPF-697658101083

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Fighting Craving for food Empty @ Gibson

Post  DepthInValor Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:34 am

Hey pal,

Are you still actively using Azalex as part of your regimen? If so, how's it treating you?

DepthInValor

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Thu Jan 14, 2010 11:43 am

Hey bud,

It's treating me well. I switched from Fainacea to Azelex largely for cosmetic reasons, the former is more drying, and Azelex lends volume to the hair. It isn't a miracle, but it is a sustainable treatment that I have found to be absolutely side-free. So I highly recommend it. That said, it should be an over-counter, but it isn't. Not having insurance and a script can make it cost prohibitive.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Fri Jan 15, 2010 7:00 am

1..... wrote:Is there anything I can do to make me feel fuller and stick to eating just 3 meals without snacking throughout the day? Anything I can do to fight the cravings?

Don't give in and eat the occasional food you're sensitive to would be the best advice IME. That's the biggest mistake that I believe most people make.

Eventually, it will pass in a couple weeks. With that said, some people whose life is controlled by free glutamic acid may need to reduce their consumption otherwise you may literally pass out due to hypoglycemia.

If still having a problem after a couple weeks make sure you avoid all high and extremely high oxalate foods as well.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Mon Jan 25, 2010 4:38 pm

anyone else know how to fight having a water mouth?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:18 pm

anyone else know how to fight having a water mouth?

You can try eating buckwheat. Anything that lowers stress and/or levels out blood sugar seems to work for me. Things like ashwagandha, magnesium, l-theanine, herbal teas like chamomile, large amounts of vitamin C- I take 3 grams with 200mg magnesium citrate, taurine, inositol. The best way aside from supplements is to avoid any kind of sugar in the day at all. When I can I limit my intake of sugar to blueberries only. Once I have ANY amount of sugar in the day I'm done. It makes it really hard to not eat more later on. I even avoid honey. Also free glutamic acid is a huge one for me. L-glutamine has worked in the past for me to curb sugar and alcohol cravings but it can end up as glutamate after you consume it so I avoid it now.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 25, 2010 7:21 pm

If you gotta eat something then try and make it as harmless as possible. Rice cakes with hummus and turkey are an example. Or hard boil some eggs and eat them with sea salt.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  jezzicaz789 Thu Jan 28, 2010 4:04 am

LittleFighter wrote:

I also think so.
Thanks you for the post.
Hi guys, Im a newbie. Nice to join this forum.

jezzicaz789

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down