Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this?

+5
j87x
Paradox
CausticSymmetry
kijumn
Misirlou
9 posters

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next

Go down

Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? Empty Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this?

Post  Misirlou Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:28 am

I recently bought this product: http://www.iherb.com/EuroPharma-Tri-Iodine-12-5-mg-180-Capsules/20512?at=0
Seems like an excellent product but..

My problem is that I'm not sure if I actually have hyroid related problems. How can I tell? I don't wish to give my body more t-fuel if too much is already produced, resulting inhyperthyroidism.

So you guys tell me, do I have anything to fear?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? Empty Re: Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this?

Post  kijumn Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:17 am

Misirlou wrote:
My problem is that I'm not sure if I actually have hyroid related problems. How can I tell?

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/pdf/Thyroid_Temperture_Test.pdf
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this? Empty Re: Thyroid - Do I really need a supplement for this?

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jan 09, 2010 6:36 am

Nice chart jdp710

Misirlou - Iodine can help normalize elevated thyroid levels as well, so if you were to read hyperthyroid, taking enough can eventually bring those levels back down.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:38 am

i used iodine for 3 weeks and havent used it in a month and I still have no scalp grease and IMO have complete stopped my hairloss.

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:39 am

btw i didnt ever think that it would be possible bc i am only 20 years old and I thought I would need a DHT blocker. IMO IH's theory of hairloss is completely correct.

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 09, 2010 9:07 am

1..... wrote:btw i didnt ever think that it would be possible bc i am only 20 years old and I thought I would need a DHT blocker. IMO IH's theory of hairloss is completely correct.

IH's theory can be correct for some. Meaning that hair loss is a known symptom of thyroid disorder. This may be your case. However, some may have more of an androgenetic component and/or have normal thyroid levels and still be losing. Was your loss typical male pattern recession? Any regrowth from the iodine?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sat Jan 09, 2010 10:34 am

Would it be a bad idea to start with iodine when on antibiotics?
What can I expect first months of treatment with iodine?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:10 pm

congrats 1....!

jharsh80,

On a serious question, has anyone on this forum even tested normal under the Barnes Basal Temperature test?
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:43 pm

jdp710 wrote:congrats 1....!

jharsh80,

On a serious question, has anyone on this forum even tested normal under the Barnes Basal Temperature test?

Jdp,

I have no idea... I have never done it myself, just lab work. That's a good question though.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 12:56 pm

I have gotten a little bit a regrowth and thickening. I just love how my forehead has no oil on it when I wake up in the mornings now. My TSH level was 1.9 which according to Mercola is considered hypothyroid. He says anything above 1.5 is hypo. But the basal temps are def a good way to measure.

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Jan 09, 2010 1:07 pm

Yeah, the lab results aren't very accurate and the Barnes temperature test is a more reliable indicator of thyroid function.

I just wish I knew if anyone on this forum is experiencing hair loss but are under the normal range under the Barnes temperature test ...
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:08 pm

jdp710 wrote:Yeah, the lab results aren't very accurate and the Barnes temperature test is a more reliable indicator of thyroid function.

I just wish I knew if anyone on this forum is experiencing hair loss but are under the normal range under the Barnes temperature test ...

jdp,

if you explain (or link) how to do it, I'll let you know if I am. I have my blood results as well to compare to. If I remember correctly you use a thermometer under your arm pits when you wake up right? It will hard to get my lazy ass to do it, but I will. I'm not a morning person at all.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sat Jan 09, 2010 5:45 pm

jharsh80,

Here's a link on how to do the test

http://www.thewolfeclinic.com/pdf/Thyroid_Temperture_Test.pdf
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:11 am

Misirlou wrote:Would it be a bad idea to start with iodine when on antibiotics?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:27 am

Jdp,

I will do the basal temp test. Here are my thyroid results from a 10/06/08:

TSH, 3rd Generation: 1.84 (0.4-4.5 mIU/L)
T4, Free: 1.2 (.8-1.8 ng/dL)
T3, Free: 338 (239-420 pg/dL)
T3 Uptake: 36% (22-35%)
T4, Total: 7.6 (6-12 mcg/dL)
Free T4 Index: 2.7 (1.4-3.800)

Do you have any idea what the elevated T3 uptake indicates? My Naturopathic Doctor said that my thyroid levels were good, and didn't mention the elevated T3 uptake at all. I forgot to ask her about it. I was taking iodine at this time so maybe that had something to do with it.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 10, 2010 9:31 am

Misirlou wrote:
Misirlou wrote:Would it be a bad idea to start with iodine when on antibiotics?

I know the question wasn't directed at me, but iodine is an antibiotic. I'm guessing it would be ok. I would definitely be on a lot of probiotics if you are on antibiotics. I expect that others will answer that it is hard to predict what to expect because it is dose dependent and varies with the individual.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:29 pm

Are adrenal extracts a good idea to take along with thyroid?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Mon Jan 11, 2010 11:12 pm

Wouldn't the "positive" effects of antibiotics be halted by probiotics?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:45 am

Misirlou wrote:Wouldn't the "positive" effects of antibiotics be halted by probiotics?

Antibiotics kill bacteria indiscriminately with a shotgun approach. Probiotics replace the wanted good bacteria. So it is really essential for someone who is on antibiotics- either now or in the past- to replace the "good" bacteria. Otherwise you will keep getting sick because your immune system is compromised (lack of good bacteria), and will be prescribed more antibiotics, in a never ending vicious cycle. I personally will not use oral antibiotics. I've seen them really mess people up.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Tue Jan 12, 2010 2:57 am

I more or less had to start this round of antibiotics, I'm not proud of it and it will probably be the last time I turn to corpo-rat-meds.

Which probiotics should I stock up on? I'm thinking of Culturelle and Dr. Ohhira's. Please suggest/recommend.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:00 am

I like Jarrow-EPS.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 12, 2010 3:08 am

Dr. Ohhira's might be the way to go for you though because i believe it contains Saccharomyces boulardii. It is more expensive, but I would go that route if you can. I wouldn't suggest Culturelle by itself. If you were going to only take one strain by itself to start, I would use Jarrow's Saccharomyces boulardii+MOS for a while, and then add Culturelle after a couple months. Then switch over to Jarrow-EPS, or Dr. O's after a couple more months.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:50 am

TSH, 3rd Generation: 1.84 (0.4-4.5 mIU/L)
T4, Free: 1.2 (.8-1.8 ng/dL)
T3, Free: 338 (239-420 pg/dL)
T3 Uptake: 36% (22-35%)
T4, Total: 7.6 (6-12 mcg/dL)
Free T4 Index: 2.7 (1.4-3.800)

if these were my results i would probably add in armour thyroid... but thats me.

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:53 am

Blackjack,

Why do you say that? What number/numbers are you basing that off of?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Tue Jan 12, 2010 5:55 am

Because I like to see my TSH close to 0 as possible
and i like to see my Free T3 420-440 area..

but thats me and what works best for me..

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 1 of 2 1, 2  Next