Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
ITS ALIVE!!!! EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

ITS ALIVE!!!!

+4
Paradox
NrwgnKID
Misirlou
thelibrarian
8 posters

Go down

ITS ALIVE!!!! Empty ITS ALIVE!!!!

Post  thelibrarian Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:19 am

excerpts from a article that CS has cited in a recent thread

http://www.thyroidscience.com/cases/Derry.Iodine.Regen.6.7.08.pdf

"Hair is the regeneration workhorse and does an amazing number of things. Amongst the hair activities
are free movement to any cell within its range in any direction and self-amputation possibly to strengthen regenerating tissue. Hair delivers regenate material and may be sending cell signals by touch, regenate material, and electrical impulses. The hypothesis that topical iodine in the form of Lugol’s solution regenerates human scar tissue back to normal is supported by these preliminary findings."

how about this hypothesis : inflammation causes fibrosis( micro-scarring on the scalp) The hair attempts to deal with this scarring and in the process "self-amputates" but because the scarring process is continuous the hair is fighting a losing battle.

The suggestion that hair serves a renerative function is HUGE because it dispells the myth that hair is dead tissue.

I have come to the conclusion that hair is indeed alive as my bromelain topicals does not seem to be dissolving the hair but rather allowing for a great deal of new growth.
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

ITS ALIVE!!!! Empty Re: ITS ALIVE!!!!

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:17 pm

From where is it possible to obtain iodine cream/liquid then? Would it really be absorbed well enough?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Sun Dec 13, 2009 11:52 pm

why not use lugols?
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  NrwgnKID Sun Jan 10, 2010 10:43 am

or maybe bromelain simply does not dissolve keratin ?

NrwgnKID

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:18 am

Librarian,

Does bromelain or papain only digest dead protein? Isn't protein just protein when it comes to digestive enzymes? I am asking because of your premise about bromelain not dissolving hair.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:36 am

I think it was probably doing damage, in my case. Fortunately, I lack the fortitude to endure a shed. It left me with one kinky hair, which is a reminder of a wrong. That said, i lack all of the scalp attributes to those who appreciate the topical enzymes: no abnormal scalp probs. I've often read velus hair as a bad sign: balance of terminal turning vellus.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Sun Jan 10, 2010 11:56 am

According to everything I have been reading enzymes target dead and diseased tissue- I may be wrong!

As far as a shed goes the people who reported a shed had it in the first few weeks. If I had one it was minor.

The vellus hair grew in places on my scalp that I havent had hair in years, decades even. Pretty much my original hairline ! and those hairs are turning much thicker , black rather than transparant and looking very health. Using the microscope I can see vellus hairs transitioning form thin transparent hair to thick black hair.

Regardless, the evidence that hair is alive is huge. Havent we all been told it is dead tissue? That means that when we look at it, consciously or unconsciously, we experience it as dead. What would happen if we related to our hands or our other living parts that way? I imagine that it would effect their function. Take the case of hysterical blindness, for example. People believe that they are blind and really cannot see even though their eyes are fully functional.

Im just wondering if having the believe that our living hair is"dead" is detrimental. Im guessing it is!
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:22 pm

Hey Gibson, what are you doing now for a topical/internal regimen? I think I may be in the same boat as you - no inflammation, just thinning hairs all over.

My scalp of late has felt hard and thin, the skin seems to be stretched out and seems to be dried out, like all moisture disappears after a while and the skin is dry but no itching, irritation, dandruff, etc.

Also too guys, are these two enzymes similar to serrapeptase in breaking down fibrosis? I think topical serrapeptase could be bad in case we're not sure about hair being dead or alive, I'm sure some have tried topical serrapeptase by now.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Sun Jan 10, 2010 12:30 pm

hey--

In no way am I knocking your empirical data. Personally, i think enzymes are of huge benefit, but I'm more focused on internal ones (but the dose is nuanced), and felt the obligation to report my experience with topical bromelain, since I think others' experiences that I have read have mirrored mine at his point: some negatives. That said, there is much to consider here, and I think enzymes, in general, require some dialing in.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  thelibrarian Sun Jan 10, 2010 2:00 pm

Gibson,

Appreciate your feedback and if you have any contrary info or experience sharing it is only to the collective good of the community! Sounds like you have been doing research on enzmes as well. Am I wrong that they target diseaesed or necrotic tissues first? I hope not!

Thanks
thelibrarian
thelibrarian

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Jan 11, 2010 5:10 am

This product (SP-zyme) has a host of profound testimonials. I'm going to order it with Algoran--FS.

http://www.mnwelldir.org/docs/reviews/SP-Zyme.htm

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Jan 11, 2010 7:21 am

thelibrarian wrote:According to everything I have been reading enzymes target dead and diseased tissue- I may be wrong!

As far as a shed goes the people who reported a shed had it in the first few weeks. If I had one it was minor.

The vellus hair grew in places on my scalp that I havent had hair in years, decades even. Pretty much my original hairline ! and those hairs are turning much thicker , black rather than transparant and looking very health. Using the microscope I can see vellus hairs transitioning form thin transparent hair to thick black hair.

Regardless, the evidence that hair is alive is huge. Havent we all been told it is dead tissue? That means that when we look at it, consciously or unconsciously, we experience it as dead. What would happen if we related to our hands or our other living parts that way? I imagine that it would effect their function. Take the case of hysterical blindness, for example. People believe that they are blind and really cannot see even though their eyes are fully functional.

Im just wondering if having the believe that our living hair is"dead" is detrimental. Im guessing it is!

Thanks Librarian,

I was honestly asking because I have no idea; I haven't looked into it at all. As far as the belief of dead tissue goes- I don't know of that one is a big one as far as impact. I'm sure it could be if it were repeated consciously. I personally rarely think about it. Our beliefs really do manifest our realities. I am starting to see this more and more from zen (no practice, just awareness of awareness). A good example is how our perception of our hair can literally change over night sometimes. This has happened to me a lot- especially when I feel that I am using a promising new treatment. You may have noticed it as well? It isn't uncommon to see people post that their hair looks better after a day to a week of a new treatment. We all know that hair cannot possibly grow that fast yet we have all probably experienced something similar based on a belief shift from "I am balding" to "I am regrowing" or something along those lines. We literally change what we see in the mirror.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

ITS ALIVE!!!! Empty Librarian

Post  bocor Wed Jan 13, 2010 2:17 pm

Hey i know what your regimen is but i would like to know how long have you been on it? or did you add some of your protocol later?Im trying to figure out what you think is most responsible for the regrowth?the iodine? or the bromeline?How many days a week do you use the bromelaine? thx
J

bocor

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Thu Jan 14, 2010 1:10 am

Bocor, I get confused when Librarian says he is using Lugol's with the msm and is washing with lugol's pre bromelain. It seems like it is seeing his scalp alot. But then jdp warns that iodine could cause follicle apoptosis. I'm using Lugol's (for about 2 weeks) both internally and mixed with topicals but still sometimes feel uncomfortable about it when it seems so at odds with modern medicine. I have to get over that but am still confused about this apparent contradiction between what Librarian is seeing and jdp is saying.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down