Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Started lithium orotate today EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Started lithium orotate today EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Started lithium orotate today EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Started lithium orotate today EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Started lithium orotate today EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Started lithium orotate today EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Started lithium orotate today EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Started lithium orotate today EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Started lithium orotate today EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Started lithium orotate today

+5
shanew
hapyman
Marvey
BaldingYouth
Paradox
9 posters

Go down

Started lithium orotate today Empty Started lithium orotate today

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 09, 2009 2:20 pm

I received my lithium orotate in the mail today and immediately took 2 pills (10mg elemental lithium).

I have read that the effect of LO can be felt in 30min from some of the reviews on iherb. I acknowledge that I am susceptible to the power of suggestion- I don't say "the placebo effect" because that would be using it incorrectly.

That being said, I have to say that after an hour or so I felt more calm than usual. Not tired calm, but focused and relaxed. I even found myself smiling in a situation that would usually irritate me. In fact it did start to irritate me but I just couldn't stay irritated and had to smile at the humor in it.

Later on at the gym tonight, I felt really good. I had a feeling that everything was alright for once. That is a great feeling to have as I generally feel that everything is not alright Wink

It is definitely too early to tell for sure if this stuff is a miracle, and to be fair I read an almost identical user experience online yesterday....So again it could be the power of suggestion (self suggestion or otherwise).

I just wanted to post this for what it's worth. I have seen some people asking about 'mood' lately, so it could be helpful to someone.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Started lithium orotate today Empty Re: Started lithium orotate today

Post  BaldingYouth Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:06 pm

This is one of the few supplements that I felt a clear and pronounced effect. Usually when I take supplements it's hard for me to tell if it's working, especially if the change occurs over a long period of time, simply because my observation of my physical feeling doesn't span long periods of time (maybe I should start a journal).

Anyway, this gave me CRAZY dreams. Nothing scary or particularly interesting, but the way I would describe it is that it took random thoughts and memories and string them together into some random plot, like a very random movie. It was really interesting. At the dose I was taking (10mg) I sometimes felt that the dreams were a little too intense, but I later found myself missing them. Maybe i'll start taking them again, 5mg this time?

BaldingYouth

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Wed Dec 09, 2009 4:53 pm

Baldingyouth,

I have always had really crazy intense dreams like you are describing. It'll be interesting to see if they get more vivid tonight.

Did you notice anything aside from the dreams? How about mood?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  BaldingYouth Wed Dec 09, 2009 5:35 pm

I don't recall any huge difference in mood, I only took it for a period of 2 weeks before I stopped abruptly due to the dreams, although I probably should have tapered off, I still have some, I'll start taking 5mg a day and see where that takes me.

I generally don't have problems with my mood though, especially when I have been eating well and getting plenty of exercise and sleep.

I think the biggest factor for my mood hair loss is my stress levels, I can see a marked increase in shedding during periods of stress, which unfortunately happen quite often for me due to studying Engineering and being on a quarter system. I think if I had my stress in check I could completely stop my shedding and regrow hair, unfortunately there has not been a point in my life yet where I can achieve this for an extended period of time (>1 year).

BaldingYouth

Back to top Go down

Post  Marvey Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:20 am

is this something we are able take for "life" or we should use it only for few time? it has some side effects? i have many mood changes along the day because hair loss... maybe i should use it..

Marvey

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Thu Dec 10, 2009 2:41 am

Lithium can be toxic to the liver but CS said at these levels it is pretty safe. You could probably take a low dose every day or EOD for life. Doing so will also help prevent alzheimers. The toxic levels are usually reached using a different form called Lithium Carbonate. Since Lithium Carbonate is not as bioavailable the patient needs to take much larger doses to feel the effects. The physician must then monitor the liver to make sure there is no toxicity.

I am sure this is biased but here is some info from Wikipedia:

There is no evidence for the use of lithium orotate in clinical treatment in preference to lithium carbonate, and some suggest that it may be harmful. However, one study suggests that lithium orotate may be useful in the treatment of addictions.[2] Some patients prefer to use it in place of lithium carbonate, as they believe that it is more bioavailable and the side effects are perceived to be significantly reduced.

An animal study by Smith and Schou suggests that the kidneys clear lithium orotate significantly less effectively than lithium carbonate, and that this accounts for the higher serum levels of lithum when lithium orotate is taken compared to the equivalent amount of lithium carbonate. They conclude: "The higher lithium concentrations could be accounted for by the lower kidney function. It seems inadvisable to use lithium orotate for the treatment of patients."[3] Proponents of lithium orotate therapy argue that this study was flawed because equal amounts of each compound of lithium was employed, whereas the point of using lithium orotate is to consume less elemental lithium than with lithium carbonate therapy.[4]

The study which concluded that lithium orotate was inadvisable for treatment of patients was done as a direct follow-up study to one performed by Kling, Manowitz and Pollack in 1978. Their study suggested that lithium orotate could be used in lower amounts than the amounts required when using lithium carbonate, while achieving therapeutic results.[5] However, an earlier study did not find a difference in the uptake, distribution and elimination of the orotate salt, as compared to carbonate or chloride salts of lithium.[6]

Self-treatment of a psychiatric disorder with these supplements is potentially dangerous, since lithium is toxic in high doses.[7] The active principle in these salts is the lithium ion Li+, which interacts with the normal function of sodium ions to produce numerous changes in the neurotransmitter activity of the brain. Therapeutically useful amounts of lithium are only slightly lower than toxic amounts when lithium carbonate or lithium citrate are used, so the blood levels of lithium must be carefully monitored during treatment. However, the significantly lower amounts of lithium taken as orotate generally does not show up in blood tests.

Many object to lithium being called a "drug", as it is a mineral. The drug-like effects are mostly noted in cases of toxicity, although some feel that the established level of toxicity is considerably higher than the actual level; individual metabolism varies, making this more true in some instances.

Lithium Toxicity From an Internet Dietary Supplement

If you go to that url above it is about one instance of overdose but the girl took 18 tablets at once!
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:36 am

Here is a great article on Lithium Orotate. After reading it, I was convinced I wanted to try it. CS has written about it as well.

Part 1: http://www.tahoma-clinic.com/lithium1.shtml

Part 2: http://www.tahoma-clinic.com/lithium2.shtml

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  shanew Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:48 am

here is another one

http://mysite.verizon.net/res003jh/lithium-orotate/id13.html

shanew

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Thu Dec 10, 2009 9:52 am

Shanew,

That is actually the same article I posted. Looks like they took it from Dr. Wright's tahoma clinic site.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Dec 10, 2009 10:49 am

http://www.life-enhancement.com/article_template.asp?id=952
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  shanew Sun Dec 13, 2009 12:09 pm

jharsh how have you been doing on the lithium?

shanew

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sun Dec 13, 2009 4:38 pm

shanew wrote:jharsh how have you been doing on the lithium?

Good... I have actually been taking 2 of them, 2 times a day (4 total). That's about 20mg of elemental lithium. It may be too much but I'm not sure. I've felt a bit calmer and in control of my emotions (and responses to them). This all boils down to msg and glutamate vs. gaba. Gaba is calming, and glutamate is excitatory. Lithium blocks glutamate.

If you look at the 'weird labeled foods' thread. i forget who, but someone mentions that vitamin b6, magnesium, and taurine are good to manage excess glutamate and msg. It is no surprise considering I was taking a supplement called "Trancor" that has all those plus green tea (decaff) and NAC. My Dr, recommended it, and I bought it from her, but they also sell it on iherb. On the label it says "Balances glutamate and GABA".

The diet and the brain are coming together more and more for me. I've been a heavy drinker in the past and increasing gaba (or bkocking glutamate) like Trancor and Lithium do, help to curb cravings. Why does it do this? Well... alcohol nails the gaba receptors! THE key to anxiety and largely depression lies with GABA/glutamate in my experience and education. If you're thinking about it- go for it! It is a natural element and good for you anyway- It protects the brain from aging.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Dec 13, 2009 8:49 pm

thanks alot for the response. I think im going to try it. I have some of the powder from the IH shampoo i made. Is the powder just as effective as the capsule form?

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Dec 13, 2009 10:55 pm

Jharsh80: http://www.iherb.com/Metagenics-Trancor-120-Capsules/20650?at=0
This one?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Dec 14, 2009 2:25 am

Was not there a link of Lithium to Thyroids?

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 14, 2009 5:46 am

lund wrote:Was not there a link of Lithium to Thyroids?

Only if you use too much of it, especially the Lithium carbonate that requires a really high dose.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:34 am

Misirlou wrote:Jharsh80: http://www.iherb.com/Metagenics-Trancor-120-Capsules/20650?at=0
This one?

That's it.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:40 am

1..... wrote:thanks alot for the response. I think im going to try it. I have some of the powder from the IH shampoo i made. Is the powder just as effective as the capsule form?

I don't know anything about the powder. I would imagine it is the same, but measuring may be a problem? I really have no idea. Are there instructions that tell you how much you are taking per measurement? I would probably get the pills as they are only $15 for 120 on iherb. They are really small, so that much powder may be difficult to measure if it is dosed the same. I really have no idea about the powder.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 6:49 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
lund wrote:Was not there a link of Lithium to Thyroids?

Only if you use too much of it, especially the Lithium carbonate that requires a really high dose.

CS,

Do you think I'm ok taking 4 of these a day (19.2 elemental mg)? [url=Only if you use too much of it, especially the Lithium carbonate that requires a really high dose.]Only if you use too much of it, especially the Lithium carbonate that requires a really high dose.[/url]

I noticed you mentioned high dose lithium as an option for Grave's disease. Is that due to the thyroid suppressing mechanism you are referring to here with high doses? Is that really a permanent lasting method- meaning, if you treat the thyroid with large amounts of lithium when it is in a hyper state, once you succeed in bringing the thyroid into normal range, will it keep it there?, and if so how does it? Is it similar to a deficiency that once treated with large doses, will remain at a healthy level with smaller maintenance dosing?

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Dec 14, 2009 9:34 am

jharsh80 - In very high doses, Lithium can bring down thyroid levels and permentaly normalize thyroid. Other things that were once used were fluoride, but this is extremely toxic. The best way to normalize hyper-thyroid is to use very high dose iodine as in Lugol's solution.

According to Dr. Johnathan V. Wright, you can make Lithium use safer by incorporating essential fatty acids (Omega-3) and Vitamin E into the mix. Chances are you're already covered. From my own research I would consider 10 milligrams elemental lithium twice per day to be the upper limit of safety, just wouldn't take more than that.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Mon Dec 14, 2009 12:51 pm

thanks CS...good to know.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:42 am

jharsh how is the lithium going?

Back to top Go down

Post  Paradox Sat Jan 09, 2010 8:48 am

1..... wrote:jharsh how is the lithium going?

It's going well. I am simultaneously tapering off klonopin (which is a real bitch!), so it's hard to tell or form a "baseline" from which to gauge it. But I definitely feel a difference. I added 'Tru Calm' by Now Foods, and more magnesium per day as well. Hard to say what is doing what, but I feel pretty good. In fact I feel better at this lower dose of klonopin than I did at higher doses.

Paradox

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down