Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols

+7
Gibson
The Natural
blackjack
CausticSymmetry
Glacier
edony
FW2000
11 posters

Go down

Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols Empty Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols

Post  FW2000 Sun Nov 22, 2009 1:07 am

Another item I found at Life Extension is a tocotrienol supplemant that they advertise for hair loss (I am currently taking Toco-Sorb from Jarrow). Check out the information below on the product:

The adult scalp loses about 100 hairs every day. Starting at the age of 40, hair follicles shrink, causing hair to grow back thinner, or worse, not at all. This devastating loss is experienced by half the population. While the prevention and treatment of this condition is complex, using a supplement with tocotrienols can be pivotal in addressing the various physiological mechanisms that lead to thinning hair.1

Super Absorbable Tocotrienols combats the underlying causes of hair loss, supporting otherwise healthy hair follicles that genetic disposition, advancing age, high concentrations of DHT (the male hormone dihydrotestosterone), and sebum build-up may cause to weaken, degrade or shrink. Super Absorbable Tocotrienols, a natural, orally administered, bio-enhanced tocotrienol complex, can be taken to support youthful hair thickness and growth.

A revolutionary, patented delivery system ensures optimal absorption2-7 and efficiently delivers the benefits of a unique proprietary complex of naturally extracted phytonutrients (squalene, phytosterols and trace amounts of mixed carotene) together with tocotrienols to support youthful hair growth, hair health and hair density. In a study involving 30 volunteers who took tocotrienol supplements for eight months, nearly all subjects showed significant improvement in hair thickness and density.1

References
1. Randomized Clinical Trial of Tocotrienols Supplementation vs. Placebo for Androgenetic Aloppecia. Professor Yuen Kah Hay, B., School of Pharmaceutical Sciences, Universiti Sains, Malaysia. Submitted for publication 2009.
2. Antioxid Redox Signal. 2006 May-Jun;8(5-6):1059-68.
3. Mol Aspects Med. 2007 Oct-Dec;28(5-6):692-728.
4. J. of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 200,53:67-71.
5. J. of Pharmacy and Pharmacology. 2003,55:53-58.
6. Intl. J. of Pharmaceutics. 2004,(281); 67-78.
7. US Patent No:US 6,596,306
Supplement Facts
Serving Size 1 softgel

Servings Per Container 60

Amount Per Serving
Vitamin E (as naturally occurring D-alpha tocopherol from Tocomin®️ SupraBio™️)
15 IU

Tocomin®️ SupraBio™️ (providing a minimum 50 mg tocotrienols)
250 mg

Other ingredients: gelatin, glycerin, purified water, caramel color.

This product contains NO milk, egg, fish, peanuts, crustacean shellfish (lobster, crab, shrimp), soybeans, tree nuts, wheat, yeast, gluten, corn, or rice. Contains NO sugar, and no artificial sweeteners, flavors, colors, or preservatives.

Tocomin®️ is a registered trademark and SupraBio™️ is a trademark of Carotech, Inc.
tocomin SupraBio™️ System is protected by US Patent Nos.: 5,157,132, 7,544,822 and 6,596,306.

FW2000

Back to top Go down

Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols Empty Re: Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols

Post  edony Sun Nov 22, 2009 7:28 am

sounds exactly like toco-sorb or toco-8 .
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols Empty Re: Life Extension Super-Absorbable Tocotrienols

Post  Glacier Sun Nov 22, 2009 8:16 am

Wondering if Vitamin E in raw food is better than Toco-8. Garden of Life has a food based vitamin E product :

http://www.iherb.com/Garden-of-Life-Vitamin-Code-Raw-Vitamin-E-60-Veggie-Caps/16679?at=0

Glacier

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:41 am

Jarrow's Toco-Sorb is exactly the same as the patent for hair loss, plus it's cheaper than the others.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  blackjack Sun Nov 22, 2009 9:50 am

not sure if this is the same...
but i like Unique E

or this one
http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504

blackjack

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Sun Nov 22, 2009 2:34 pm

The hair loss study that got everyone so excited about tocotrienols in the first place used Toco-8. But it is the same company, Tocomin, that also manufactures these Super Absorbable Tocotrienols gel caps. LEF is just distributing them.

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Mon Nov 23, 2009 3:25 am

blackjack wrote:not sure if this is the same...
but i like Unique E

or this one
http://www.naturalzing.com/catalog/product_info.php?products_id=504

Blackjack--
Similarly, the guy who runs Lifestar is a huge proponent of stabilized rice bran. He sells it as well and told me that the best bang for my buck is stabilized rice bran. Nutracea produces the best of it. That product is probably sourced from them, then re-branded. I would take it, but it gives me insomnia: too much energy.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:32 am

The LEF supplement contains "Sesame seed (Sesamum indicum) lignan extract." Any idea if sesame oil also works at enhancing absorption?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Nov 23, 2009 11:37 am

Any sources of cheaper rice bran products? Is this one ok? http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Rice-Bran-20-oz-567-g/11047?at=0
Would taking rice bran be as good as toco-8 or similar?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Mon Nov 23, 2009 2:13 pm

j87x,

You will want to find out the lignan content of the sesame seed oil. I assume the more the better. But why not just buy LEF's?

What is the tocotrienol content of that rice bran? It does not state it in the link you provided. You will want to find out. But again why not just buy Toco-8 or A C Grace's?

TN

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Mon Nov 23, 2009 5:45 pm

http://www.bulknutrition.com/p5606_Sesamin_Liquid_1Fast400.html
This seems like a good deal

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Tue Nov 24, 2009 3:04 am

For anybody that has a clue-

Sesame seeds and/or sunflower seeds are supposed to enhance absorption of tocotrienols.Do the seeds contain any tocopherols and if yes,doesn't that contradict the idea that tocopherols hinder the toco's absorption?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Gibson Tue Nov 24, 2009 11:35 am

j87x wrote:Any sources of cheaper rice bran products? Is this one ok? http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Rice-Bran-20-oz-567-g/11047?at=0
Would taking rice bran be as good as toco-8 or similar?

I don't know how it would match up with the one used in the study, but without doubt it would offer you much more.

Stabilized Rice Bran is truly a super food. It has gamma oryzanol, coq10, alpha lipoic acid, e vitamins, b vitamins, and many phytonutrients and minerals. Each quantity may seem low, but this is all completely bioavailable, so it is quite potent stuff.

Gibson

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Tue Nov 24, 2009 12:24 pm

edony wrote:For anybody that has a clue-

Sesame seeds and/or sunflower seeds are supposed to enhance absorption of tocotrienols.Do the seeds contain any tocopherols and if yes,doesn't that contradict the idea that tocopherols hinder the toco's absorption?

The lignans of sesame are used to increase the absorption of tocotrienols. They do not use, from what I have read, sesame seeds "which contains only gamma-tocopherol."

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Tue Nov 24, 2009 8:00 pm

Toco-8 is a very fresh product, usually not any more than a week or two old before being shipped out to folks from being processed in the factory that primordial gets it from. The content of it isn't destroyed by the gelatinisation process, and with the 15% off with the code: immortalhair and the points that you accumulate towards future purchases, you should be able to get it for a very competitive price.

Every now and then on the Primordial Performance forums, I'll see someone make a comment about how much Toco-8 is doing for their hair. I'm taking a scoop in the morning, and one in the evening, and have been doing so for about 3 or 4 weeks now, but have enough for a 4+ month supply.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Wed Nov 25, 2009 7:06 am

The Natural wrote:

The lignans of sesame are used to increase the absorption of tocotrienols. They do not use, from what I have read, sesame seeds "which contains only gamma-tocopherol."

TN-
can you post the link for that quote you mentioned? So sesame seeds contain only tocopherols? The lignans and the sesame oil are extracted by sesame seeds so the latter should contain tocotrienols ...
I always take my tocos with a TBS of sesame and sunflower seeds,perhaps I'm doing more harm than good...?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  goten574 Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:12 am

edony wrote:
The Natural wrote:

TN-
can you post the link for that quote you mentioned? So sesame seeds contain only tocopherols? The lignans and the sesame oil are extracted by sesame seeds so the latter should contain tocotrienols ...
I always take my tocos with a TBS of sesame and sunflower seeds,perhaps I'm doing more harm than good...?

I also take one tablespoon of mixed sesame and sunflower seeds with my Swanson tocos.
goten574
goten574

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:29 am

Would sesamin extract alone enhance the absorption or are there other lignans in sesame seeds that do it?

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  The Natural Wed Nov 25, 2009 12:26 pm

As I understand, perhaps it best to view lignans and vitamin E (namely gamma tocopherols) as two separate entities contained within sesame seeds:

http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pubmed/1453229

The lignans, themselves, are not vitamin E. Nor do they contain vitamin E, as I have read. There is a reason why LEF goes out of their way to extract only the "lignans," rather than just use sesame seed oil (which would probably be a lot easier and less expensive).

The Natural

Back to top Go down

Post  j87x Wed Nov 25, 2009 9:04 pm

Which would you guys choose if you could only take one, tocotrienols or ecklonia cava? I can only afford one or the other.

j87x

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Thu Nov 26, 2009 6:41 am

My vote goes towards Ecklonia Cava.

If money was a problem I'd take less Ecklonia Cava and add Celery Seed Extract or you could eat 4 - 8 stalks of celery per day or juice them and also add some Sulforaphane as growing your own 7 day old Broccoli sprouts, Broccomax or the Sulforaphane/selenium that CS has listed in his regimen page.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Thu Nov 26, 2009 10:33 pm

Jdp-

are you still taking Doctor's Best tocos or quit because of the gelatin in the gelcap? I 've been using this brand lately.
Do you believe adding sesame seeds or sunflower seeds is beneficial for absorption or does more harm due to their natural tocopherols content?

And why do you think so high of celery seed for AGA ?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:13 am

Unfortunately, it appears that Toco 8, doctor's best Annato that you mentioned, and possibly Toco Sorb all give me a reaction. Toco 8 was the most. The Doctor's Best was the least. Doctor's Best was an extremely mild but I did stop taking it because of that. I might try Rice Bran or Palm Oil.

Also, FWIW, any tocopherol content in supplements give me a reaction.

I don't know about the sesame seeds or sunflower seeds increasing absorption.

About celery seed extract, besides the info that CS pointed out in this thread

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/causticsymmetry-about-that-celery-seed-product-t1757.htm?highlight=celery+seed

and as CS mentioned about aldosterone

a quote "In contrast, celery extract acts as a diuretic but does not alter the ratio of sodium to potassium in the blood. The research on the blood pressure lowering effect of celery and celery extracts is quite preliminary, but I think it is certainly worth the effort to give it a try as some people have noted significant reductions"

https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/natural-hair-regrowth-forum-f1/dl-3-n-butylphthalide-protects-endothelial-cells-against-oxidative-nitrosative-stress-mitochondrial-damage-and-subsequent-cell-death-after-oxygen-glucose-deprivation-t1430.htm?highlight=butylphthalide

as I believe for us MPB sufferers we should combat calcium and sodium I could be wrong but believe it to be more of an effect than an actual cause of what's going on. Eliminating MSG/free glutamic acid would also help due to calcificiation
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  edony Sun Nov 29, 2009 6:29 am

So if Ca/Na/K balance and cardiovascular disease are not the cause you tend to believe that gut intolerances are probably what triggers everything?

How can you understand even trivial reactions that you get by the minimal amounts of additives in the supplements?A scalp itch perhaps the next day?
edony
edony

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down