Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
When knownledge lacks errors are born EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

When knownledge lacks errors are born

4 posters

Go down

When knownledge lacks errors are born Empty When knownledge lacks errors are born

Post  Misirlou Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:04 am

Friends.

I've been thinking. Without result. So instead of thinking a bit more with the same outcome, I ask you guys.

What should I NOT overdose? For example, I have a Vitamin-C pill I take everyday (1600% more then daily recommendations), if I add my supplements I get a lot of things, but Im afraid that this consumption will turn out bad in the end. How do I avoid overdosing? And what is OK to overdose and what is not?

This is extremely confusing for me and I want to learn more about this subject.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

When knownledge lacks errors are born Empty Re: When knownledge lacks errors are born

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Aug 23, 2008 3:42 am

If you take too much vitamin C you're going to chelate copper and cause more problems. Unless you have a confirmed diagnosis of a deficiency, don't just take truck loads of certain vitamins. If stress is a factor you can get away with a couple grams of Vitamin C.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

When knownledge lacks errors are born Empty Re: When knownledge lacks errors are born

Post  Amaranthaceae Sat Aug 23, 2008 4:49 am

Rotate things so you dont take the same everyday.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun Aug 24, 2008 7:07 pm

What about antioxidants? I will start with CS/IH's toplist. But besides this, I will also take some other stuff.
Perhaps I should return to you guys when I have the complete list ready, for evaluation.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 25, 2008 2:23 pm

Misirlou - Regarding antioxidants, having a variety of boosters such as Lipoic Acid & NAC (N-Acetyl Cysteine) as well as stuff like Ecklonia Cava and Green tea, gives you plenty along with Vitamin C. But nothing wrong with branching out and trying others.

Consider that many plant antioxidants are significantly more powerful than Vitamin C. ORAC value is one indication of free radical protection. I should point out that whole complex vitamin C, which is food based, has a higher ORAC value than blueberries, yet just plain ascorbic acid has a relatively low ORAC value.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Aug 27, 2008 4:29 am

For example,
my current daily vitamin-C pill (citric acid, ascorbic acid) ) says it delivers nearly 1700% of RDI, that sounds like a lot to me. Is it really safe in the long run?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 27, 2008 5:59 am

Misirlou - As mentioned by others, the type of Vitamin C you consume does matter. Also what you're taking along with it.
Vitamin C works at least 4 times better by having the rest of it's co-factors along with, such as the bioflavonoids.

I've been taking about a 1,500 mg of C for many years, but always complexed with bioflavonids.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:46 am

Is it possible to find any product with both vitamin-C + bioflavonids?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Wed Aug 27, 2008 8:52 am

Perhaps this one: http://www.iherb.com/ProductDetails.aspx?c=1&pid=-8954454415995601599&at=0
Plenty of flavs, but expensive.

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down