Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication.

+2
Misirlou
Amaranthaceae
6 posters

Go down

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. Empty Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication.

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Aug 09, 2009 6:28 pm

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication.
Parodi A, Paolino S, Greco A, Drago F, Mansi C, Rebora A, Parodi A, Savarino V.

Department of Internal Medicine, Gastroenterology Unit, University of Genoa, Genoa, Italy.

BACKGROUND & AIMS: To better understand the role of small intestinal bacterial overgrowth (SIBO) in rosacea, we aimed to assess the presence of SIBO in patients with rosacea and the clinical effectiveness of its eradication. METHODS: We enrolled 113 consecutive rosacea ambulatory patients (31 M/82 F; mean age, 52 +/- 15 years) and 60 healthy controls who were sex- and age-matched. Patients and controls underwent lactulose and glucose breath tests (BTs) to assess the presence of SIBO. Patients positive for SIBO were randomized to receive rifaximin therapy (1200 mg/day for 10 days) or placebo. A group of patients with negative BTs were also treated with rifaximin. Eradication was assessed 1 month after the end of therapy. Two dermatologists, unblinded on therapy, evaluated rosacea patients before and after treatment on the basis of an objective scale. RESULTS: The prevalence of SIBO was higher in patients than controls (52/113 vs 3/60, P < .001). After eradication, cutaneous lesions cleared in 20 of 28 and greatly improved in 6 of 28 patients, whereas patients treated with placebo remained unchanged (18/20) or worsened (2/20) (P < .001). Placebo patients were subsequently switched to rifaximin therapy, and SIBO was eradicated in 17 of 20 cases. Fifteen had a complete resolution of rosacea. After antibiotic therapy, 13 of 16 patients with negative BTs for SIBO remained unchanged, and this result differed from SIBO-positive cases (P < .001). CONCLUSIONS: This study demonstrated that rosacea patients have a significantly higher SIBO prevalence than controls. Moreover, eradication of SIBO induced an almost complete regression of their cutaneous lesions and maintained this excellent result for at least 9 months.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. Empty Re: Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication.

Post  Misirlou Sun Aug 09, 2009 10:47 pm

Interesting indeed. What is the word on rifaximin?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. Empty Re: Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication.

Post  hapyman Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:15 am

Yeah I wonder if it would be ok to take it and then just load up on the probiotics during and afterward.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Aug 10, 2009 10:04 am

FWIW, I have mild rosacea and I've tried almost everything possible to control the redness.

I do believe the root cause is internal issue just as that study shows.

MMS works great for rosacea.

I would also bet that MMS would work just as well as doxycycline works for MPB. The problem of course is long-term usage of MMS.

Does anyone know the long-term safety of MMS?
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon Aug 10, 2009 12:09 pm

jdp710 - Have you tried supplementing with Betaine HCL with meals to see if that reduces your Rosacea?
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Aug 10, 2009 3:23 pm

hapyman, I took it just like in the study, and had no side effects at all. If you read the study close you can see it is only appr. half of the patients who respond to rifaximin (those with digestive symptoms).

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Mon Aug 10, 2009 7:15 pm

Hey CausticSymmetry,

Yeah, Betaine HCL definitely reduces Rosacea symptoms. Also, because I have H Pylori it's definitely a must. I take one or two of these per day http://www.iherb.com/Now-Foods-Betaine-HCI-120-Capsules/398?at=0

Anyway, betaine HCL is definitely one of the better ones to limit the redness. As is LED light therapy.

On a side note, I've been researching everything I can about hypothyroidism and the VERY broad implications it has from fibromyalgia to poor digestion, etc.. I wouldn't be surprised if my "VERY" mild hypothyroid is the cause of Rosacea and my previous problems with H Pylori/peptic ulcer. Right now, I'm taking everything I can think of to try and bring up my temperature. Hopefully, rosacea will clear up 100% at the same time.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  DesperateIntellect Tue Aug 11, 2009 12:12 am

CS -

Your opinon after immense research suggests to you that it is gut micrflora, that appear to be growing culprits, does this go some way in explaining early balders?

i ordered from iherb an my vitamin k and niacmide never turned up

DesperateIntellect

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 12, 2009 1:50 pm

DesperateIntellect - Iherb has pretty good customer service, give them a call or email. Gut microflora balance definitely plays a large role. Expect a watershed of information in the coming decades on this.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:17 pm

I'll second CausticSymmetry. I herb has pretty good customer service, IME.

Give them a call up. It wouldn't surprise me if they send you another package for free.
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Aug 12, 2009 5:21 pm

jdp710 - I agree about the hypothyroidism. You've probably already come across this, but in case you didn't hear about it, low thyroid and/or low iodine causes depletion of stomach acid.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Wed Aug 12, 2009 7:26 pm

Thanks for the info CausticSymmetry.

Here's some interesting info you might be interested in regarding a link between fibromyalgia and hypothryoid

"Thyroid hormone inhibits the production of substance P in the spinal cord.[89][90] When researchers make animals hypothyroid, substance P production is no longer inhibited; the level then rises steeply in the animals’ spinal cords."

"It’s important to note, however, that most patients’ fibromyalgia symptoms caused by thyroid disease are compounded by other metabolism-impeding factors. The most common factors are poor diet, nutritional deficiencies, poor physical fitness, and metabolism-impairing drugs."

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. 83352944

more info = http://www.drlowe.com/frf/guttler/addenda.htm#Addendum%201

Here is a good graph

Small intestinal bacterial overgrowth in rosacea: clinical effectiveness of its eradication. 36944121
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down