Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil?

4 posters

Go down

minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? Empty What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil?

Post  MikeGore Sun May 14, 2023 1:47 pm

It terms of the side effects which is worse? I heard of oral finasteride causing irreversible damage. Is the same true for topical? What about minoxidil. Does it also cause irreversible damage?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? Empty Re: What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil?

Post  CampOfDavid Fri May 19, 2023 4:10 am

MikeGore wrote:It terms of the side effects which is worse? I heard of oral finasteride causing irreversible damage. Is the same true for topical? What about minoxidil. Does it also cause irreversible damage?

Years ago I used minoxidil and it messed up my face--I would never use it again.

I am currently using topical fin (at a diluted quantity which is equivalent to 0.25mg a day. The tablet is 1mg a day) and it is working well so far, with no noticeable side-effects.

Got my product from this site (with their no PG dilution mix also):
https://www.minoxidilmax.com/topical-finasteride-without-minoxidil-essengen-f

Here is a good page with lots of links on topical fin:
https://perfecthairhealth.com/articles/
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil? Empty Re: What is worse Topical Finasteride or Topical Minoxidil?

Post  mature_hairline_coper Sat May 20, 2023 3:58 am

MikeGore wrote:It terms of the side effects which is worse? I heard of oral finasteride causing irreversible damage. Is the same true for topical? What about minoxidil. Does it also cause irreversible damage?

Well, topical fin is the most dangerous as it 100% goes systemic. Very low doses of finasteride can inhibit DHT by a large degree.
mature_hairline_coper
mature_hairline_coper

Back to top Go down

Post  CampOfDavid Sat May 20, 2023 3:00 pm

mature_hairline_coper wrote:

Well, topical fin is the most dangerous as it 100% goes systemic. Very low doses of finasteride can inhibit DHT by a large degree.

I would like to know how you know that it goes systemic. On Hair Loss Talk one guy took his labs before and after doing topical fin (and he did the full 1mg daily) and it barely altered is blood hormone levels (and that was after several months of use).

Also, Rob at Perfect Hair presents scientific articles which show the systemic effect from topical fin (the 0.25% group had 0% systemic effect from it):
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  lookalike Sat May 20, 2023 5:09 pm

Hey Camp Im curious what effects you saw on your face from using Minox? I was on it too and I never looked the same after using it. My whole face sunk, forehead drooped, cheeks sunk, eyes hollowed and mouth thinned out. I have never recovered from it even after stopping a long time. Im wondering if you had similar experience. Thanks

CampOfDavid wrote:

Years ago I used minoxidil and it messed up my face--I would never use it again.

I am currently using topical fin (at a diluted quantity which is equivalent to 0.25mg a day. The tablet is 1mg a day) and it is working well so far, with no noticeable side-effects.

lookalike

Back to top Go down

Post  CampOfDavid Sun May 21, 2023 3:54 am

lookalike wrote:Hey Camp Im curious what effects you saw on your face from using Minox? I was on it too and I never looked the same after using it. My whole face sunk, forehead drooped, cheeks sunk, eyes hollowed and mouth thinned out. I have never recovered from it even after stopping a long time. Im wondering if you had similar experience. Thanks

CampOfDavid wrote:

It made my pores on my face bigger, it affected the texture of my skin, my face became bloated (especially around the eyes and forehead) and I had dark circles around my eyes.

This was around fifteen years ago and I only used it for a couple of months. All of the effects seem to have gone away (maybe the pores are slightly larger than they would have been otherwise but I am not sure). No one looking at my face now would think I was damaged by anything, in fact I look a bit younger than my actual age (according to piers).
CampOfDavid
CampOfDavid

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down