Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia

4 posters

Go down

minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia Empty An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia

Post  CF Mon Oct 30, 2017 3:31 pm

An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia
Skin Pharmacol Physiol. 2017 Oct 21
Dhurat R1, Chitallia J, May TW, Jayaraaman AM, Madhukara J, Anandan S, Vaidya P, Klenk A.

Abstract

BACKGROUND:
Androgenetic alopecia is a condition with a high prevalence worldwide and affects both males and females. Currently, only 2 approved treatments exist: finasteride (males only) and minoxidil 2 or 5% solution (males and females).

METHODS:
We conducted a randomized, open-label, multicenter noninferiority study to determine whether a caffeine-based 0.2% topical liquid would be no less effective than minoxidil 5% solution in males (n = 210) with androgenetic alopecia. The primary end point was the percentage change in the proportion of anagen hairs from baseline to 6 months using a frontal and occipital trichogram.

RESULTS:
At 6 months, the group of the 5% minoxidil solution showed a mean improvement in anagen ratio of the trichogram of 11.68%, and the group of the 0.2% caffeine solution had an anagen improvement of 10.59%. The difference of mean values between both groups was 1.09%. The statistical analysis was performed and reported in accordance with the CONSORT Guidelines 2010 for reporting of noninferiority and equivalence randomized trials.

CONCLUSION:
A caffeine-based topical liquid should be considered as not inferior to minoxidil 5% solution in men with androgenetic alopecia.

Full study: https://www.karger.com/Article/Pdf/481141

CF

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia Empty Re: An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Oct 31, 2017 1:21 am

Very interesting

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia Empty Re: An Open-Label Randomized Multicenter Study Assessing the Noninferiority of a Caffeine-Based Topical Liquid 0.2% versus Minoxidil 5% Solution in Male Androgenetic Alopecia

Post  long hair Tue Oct 31, 2017 10:42 pm

some user at hairlosstalk forum regrow his hair by using caffeine shampoo with some other stuff ...i dont know can we just boil some coffee and wet our scalp with it or it is a different stuff Suspect
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  CF Tue Oct 31, 2017 11:39 pm

I just read some of the full study for the first time and it says that they used Alpecin liquid. Alpecin has other ingredients that I believe may assist with hair growth. Also it has alcohol which will act as a penetration enhancer.

CF

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Nov 01, 2017 2:08 am

long hair wrote:some user at hairlosstalk forum regrow his hair by using caffeine shampoo  with some other stuff ...i dont know can we just boil some coffee and wet our scalp with it or it is a different  stuff  Suspect

I tried various forms of this well over ten years ago. Making your own causes problems. They main one is that you'll get a caffeine headache if the amounts are just slightly off or if you forget to use it for one day.

The commercial form uses the smallest amount to get the results. Too much actually hinders results...So the dose is everything here.

I'm all for making your own stuff, however this is a special exception. Would buy the commercial product in this case.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  jmoss1982 Wed Nov 01, 2017 8:39 am

I used to mix a bit of caffeine powder into my shampoo before applying it to my scalp. I can't say how well it worked as I was using a number of topicals and supplements. However based on this study I will likely try this again.

jmoss1982

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Thu Nov 02, 2017 7:08 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
long hair wrote:some user at hairlosstalk forum regrow his hair by using caffeine shampoo  with some other stuff ...i dont know can we just boil some coffee and wet our scalp with it or it is a different  stuff  Suspect

I tried various forms of this well over ten years ago. Making your own causes problems. They main one is that you'll get a caffeine headache if the amounts are just slightly off or if you forget to use it for one day.

The commercial form uses the smallest amount to get the results. Too much actually hinders results...So the dose is everything here.

I'm all for making your own stuff, however this is a special exception. Would buy the commercial product in this case.

ok thanks CS ..if this is the case i will keep away from topical coffee ..i may back to my black tea topical ,as i remember i had some minor result when i used it so i will try it along with DT.
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down