Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Feeling tired EmptyToday at 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Feeling tired EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Feeling tired EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Feeling tired EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Feeling tired EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Feeling tired EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Feeling tired EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Feeling tired EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Feeling tired EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Feeling tired

+6
CausticSymmetry
Diffusing
john3333
lookalike
shaftless
Brabus
10 posters

Go down

Feeling tired Empty Feeling tired

Post  Brabus Thu Jun 30, 2016 3:31 am

Why do i feel tired all the time, like in the morning i have a lot of energy but few hours later i feel like doing nothing and just lying down...

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Feeling tired Empty Re: Feeling tired

Post  shaftless Thu Jun 30, 2016 1:27 pm

Our adrenalin levels are highest in the morning. So maybe that's why you are full of energy when you get up but then slow down when adrenalin levels drop during the day. Or maybe it's the coffee wearing off. How about drinking coffee for lunch as well?

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Thu Jun 30, 2016 6:24 pm

I dont drink coffee? Should I start it?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  shaftless Fri Jul 01, 2016 1:42 pm

That's up to you. Cupacinos are good.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

Post  lookalike Fri Jul 01, 2016 6:36 pm

Have your doc run full iron level labs on you and keep an eye out for anything indicating Hemochromotosis.

lookalike

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Wed Aug 17, 2016 11:46 am

Coffee will destroy your health. It has tons of acrylamide and natural pesticides. Nothing will destroy your hair faster than acrylamide. Acrylamide is one of the most extremely hazardous substances for health. The same people who tell you to drink coffee will tell you to FRY your rice and potatoes in coconut oil, which will also produce dangerous levels of acrylamide. At the same time they eat a diet high in Advanced Glycation Endproducts rich meat. Don't listen to those people. They don't understand their own bodies, let alone the basics of health.
Sleep more, eat more carbohydrates, and eat ZERO fat to end your exhaustion.
Pretty much a VEGAN diet.
Fact:Meat causes cancer&hairloss,
We are not carnivores.
It's perfectly normal to feel exhausted after eating a small piece of meat. It's the same for a lion. That's why he sleeps 3 days after his meal!
Stop reading ketogenic,peatarian,and paleolithic pseudoscience. It's skewed bs honestly. Read real scientific literature. Listen to Michael Greger. GO VEGAN.
The homocysteine and cholesterol in meat is way too dangerous for human consumption.
Meat has zero hairgrowth-promoting phytonutrients.
Who finds liver appetizing anyways???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Nobody!
Nothing makes my blood boil at higher temperatures than seeing a carnivore,especially a bodybuilder, eat a dead carcass.
john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Fri Nov 11, 2016 10:56 pm

Actually i feel more tired after my breakfast, basically after eating. But i dont eat meat in the morning. I might be allergic to some food?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Diffusing Sat Nov 12, 2016 5:48 am

Brabus wrote:Actually i feel more tired after my breakfast, basically after eating. But i dont eat meat in the morning. I might be allergic to some food?

Maybe your digestion is off. How is your stool?

Diffusing

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Nov 12, 2016 8:34 am

john3333 wrote:Coffee will destroy your health. It has tons of acrylamide and natural pesticides. Nothing will destroy your hair faster than acrylamide. Acrylamide is one of the most extremely hazardous substances for health. The same people who tell you to drink coffee will tell you to FRY your rice and potatoes in coconut oil, which will also produce dangerous levels of acrylamide. At the same time they eat a diet high in Advanced Glycation Endproducts rich meat. Don't listen to those people. They don't understand their own bodies, let alone the basics of health.
Sleep more, eat more carbohydrates, and eat ZERO fat to end your exhaustion.
Pretty much a VEGAN diet.
Fact:Meat causes cancer&hairloss,
We are not carnivores.
It's perfectly normal to feel exhausted after eating a small piece of meat. It's the same for a lion. That's why he sleeps 3 days after his meal!
Stop reading ketogenic,peatarian,and paleolithic pseudoscience. It's skewed bs honestly. Read real scientific literature. Listen to Michael Greger. GO VEGAN.
The homocysteine and cholesterol in meat is way too dangerous for human consumption.
Meat has zero hairgrowth-promoting phytonutrients.
Who finds liver appetizing anyways???????????????????????????????????????????????????????????????
Nobody!
Nothing makes my blood boil at higher temperatures than seeing a carnivore,especially a  bodybuilder, eat a dead carcass.

I'm sorry but this type of information is a bit outdated. It took the establishment about 50 to 60 years to finally figure out that saturated fat and cholesterol are actually good for us. Diet is individual, so if you feel great going Vegan, keep going. However, there are those who do not feel at their best without some animal protein.

Anyway I will digress. Energy issues causes could be numerous. Probably the most frequently addressed topic in medicine with exception of pain. Chances are that breakfast maybe causing excessive insulin. Personally I do not eat breakfast. Some people feel better with breakfast, some do not (depends on sympathetic nervous system).

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sat Nov 12, 2016 9:31 am

What about taking some apple cider vinegar with breakfast (or any meal if it's an insulin issue)? I think that's supposed to help with insulin sensitivity.

I take 2-3 tablespoons of ACV in like 20 ounces of water before dinner (although I should probably spread them out more and do 1 tablespoon before each meal which would make much more sense).

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Thu Nov 17, 2016 12:43 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
I'm sorry but this type of information is a bit outdated. It took the establishment about 50 to 60 years to finally figure out that saturated fat and cholesterol are actually good for us. Diet is individual, so if you feel great going Vegan, keep going. However, there are those who do not feel at their best without some animal protein.

Anyway I will digress. Energy issues causes could be numerous. Probably the most frequently addressed topic in medicine with exception of pain. Chances are that breakfast maybe causing excessive insulin. Personally I do not eat breakfast. Some people feel better with breakfast, some do not (depends on sympathetic nervous system).
Saturated fat is probably better than pufa. I haven't researched cholesterol though.
Veganism has been shown to lower IGF-1, which has been called the "cancer-growth-promoting hormone" by Michael Greger. This is a bit extreme in the views of many, but not mine- this hits right on the target, in my opinion. I know Michael Greger can be a bit biased, but what he says is very important.
Here's what a scientist has to say on this matter:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=AjSl4n_KdOY
This is in my view true and one of the most basic facts of life
http://www.slate.com/articles/health_and_science/science/2013/07/height_and_longevity_the_research_is_clear_being_tall_is_hazardous_to_your.html
The reason the Japanese people live longer and are shorter than Americans is the same, I believe.
I was surprised supercentenarians were so short, when I started researching this topic. This is the data a researcher found:
http://z3.invisionfree.com/The_110_Club/index.php?showtopic=519
1.Jeanne Calment 4'11
2.Sarah Knauss 4'7
3.Marie-Louise Meilleur 4'11
4.Christian Mortensen 5'3½
5.Tomoji Tanabe 4'9
6.Giovanni Frau 4'10
7.Edna Parker 5'0
8.Beatrice Farve 4'7
9.Clara Huhn 5'2
10. The big exception is Julie Bertrand who was 5'8 ( so apparently a woman of average height can live to 115.)
http://www.imminst.org/forum/Supercentenar...cts-t26418.html
This topic is interesting because women are shorter than men. Women live longer than men. Notice the pattern? Number 10 still lived long, so that makes me wonder if he changed his diet to a lower protein one after he stopped growing?
Jeanne Calment is said to have eaten a lot of olive oil, which is pretty much nonexistent in protein. Interesting....

I know some people won't believe these controversial patterns, and I understand.

Some animal protein can't hurt though of course.
john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Nov 17, 2016 1:17 pm

I'll make a comment on those points. I am aware of those popular points..so I will address them one at a time.

1) IGF-1 is actually not a promoter of cancer. It is regulated by insulin growth factor binding proteins. Vitamin D3 is a regulator of IGF-1, and is one of the many reasons keeps it and other immune related factors in check.

IGF-1 is necessary to grow hair, and in fact one of the primary ways that DHT affects the hair follicles is by inhibiting IGF-1.

2). PUFA's are healthy when they are unadulterated. A seed in its whole form or in a form that is extracted without heat (or below 100 F) is not a source of oxidation or lipid peroxidation products.

However, given that many here may (including myself) eat processed food from time to time, then absolutely PUFA's can and will be unbalanced and not perfect. To that end, marine oils (or their vegan equivalents) will neutralize the pro-inflammatory reactions.

I am aware of the IGF-1 theory, and it was compelling although it has been proven to be not entirely the reason. Definitely interesting. There are a few other reasons for this phenomena. Iodine, seaweed, seafood, sulfur content in the soil, etc.

Women live longer than men because of menstruation (less iron until menopause)

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Ubiyca Fri Nov 18, 2016 4:48 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:I'll make a comment on those points. I am aware of those popular points..so I will address them one at a time.

1) IGF-1 is actually not a promoter of cancer. It is regulated by insulin growth factor binding proteins. Vitamin D3 is a regulator of IGF-1, and is one of the many reasons keeps it and other immune related factors in check.

IGF-1 is necessary to grow hair, and in fact one of the primary ways that DHT affects the hair follicles is by inhibiting IGF-1.

2). PUFA's are healthy when they are unadulterated. A seed in its whole form or in a form that is extracted without heat (or below 100 F) is not a source of oxidation or lipid peroxidation products.

However, given that many here may (including myself) eat processed food from time to time, then absolutely PUFA's can and will be unbalanced and not perfect. To that end, marine oils (or their vegan equivalents) will neutralize the pro-inflammatory reactions.

I am aware of the IGF-1 theory, and it was compelling although it has been proven to be not entirely the reason. Definitely interesting. There are a few other reasons for this phenomena. Iodine, seaweed, seafood, sulfur content in the soil, etc.

Hi CS!

In 2016, can we confirm... is high serum IGF-1 good or bad for hair???

For example clomid reduces serum IGF-1, but when I was on it for 2 yrs my hair was great. I would love to try androxal (the non-estogenic isomer of clomid) it only boosts T, LH, FSH and lowers IGF-1... I'm conflicted because some things show lowered IGF-1 = less 5-ar activity = you think would help hairloss, and then I see things which say IGF-1 is good....

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo.133.2.8344190

Abstract
The action of added insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on steroid 5 alpha-reductase (5 alpha R) activity was studied using primary cultures of rat or human scrotal skin fibroblasts. Agents were added to cultured cells (2 x 10(5) cells) for 2 days, and enzyme activity was measured by the percent conversion of [3H] testosterone to DHT over a 4-h period in the absence of fetal calf serum or other growth factors. DHT, but not testosterone, at 10(-7) M significantly increased 5 alpha R activity (rat, 1.5 +/- 0.3% to 3.0 +/- 0.4%; human, 7.6 +/- 1.7% to 11.4 +/- 2.9%; P < 0.01). IGF-I (10(-9)-6.4 x 10(-9) M), but not IGF-II (10(-9)-10(-Cool M) or insulin (10(-9)-10(-7) M), increased enzyme activity in a dose-related fashion [i.e. 1.5 +/- 0.5 to 10 +/- 2 in rat and 6.0 +/- 1.1 to 9.8 +/- 1.6% (P < 0.01) in human cells]. No change in cell numbers was observed in any experiment. Since the effect of IGF-I was about 100 times that of androgen, we studied the possibility that androgen induction of the enzyme activity could be via IGF-I production. Addition of a monoclonal antibody against IGF-I significantly reduced the effect of DHT, and simultaneous addition of a specific IGF-I receptor antibody blocked the expected induction of 5 alpha R activity (control, 4.9 +/- 0.5; DHT, 8.0 +/- 1.9; DHT plus IGF-I receptor antibody, 3.7 +/- 0.4%). No effect on 3 alpha-reduction of [3H]DHT to 3 alpha-androstanediol was detected in separate experiments. These studies indicate that IGF-I may be an important regulator of skin 5 alpha R activity and, thus, may influence DHT formation. The previously known androgen induction of this peripheral steroidogenic enzyme may be via paracrine/autocrine production of an IGF-I-type growth factor.

halp pls.

As an FYI... reason I wanna get on androxal is because my T levels/free T/etc are low all across the board, but still losing hair. I suspect my run with RU58841 ruined my test levels, and hairloss has been worse than before, since using RU58841 for a few months.

Ubiyca

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Sun Nov 20, 2016 5:16 am

Ubiyca wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:I'll make a comment on those points. I am aware of those popular points..so I will address them one at a time.

Hi CS!

In 2016, can we confirm... is high serum IGF-1 good or bad for hair???

For example clomid reduces serum IGF-1, but when I was on it for 2 yrs my hair was great. I would love to try androxal (the non-estogenic isomer of clomid) it only boosts T, LH, FSH and lowers IGF-1... I'm conflicted because some things show lowered IGF-1 = less 5-ar activity = you think would help hairloss, and then I see things which say IGF-1 is good....

http://press.endocrine.org/doi/abs/10.1210/endo.133.2.8344190

Abstract
The action of added insulin-like growth factor-I (IGF-I) and dihydrotestosterone (DHT) on steroid 5 alpha-reductase (5 alpha R) activity was studied using primary cultures of rat or human scrotal skin fibroblasts. Agents were added to cultured cells (2 x 10(5) cells) for 2 days, and enzyme activity was measured by the percent conversion of [3H] testosterone to DHT over a 4-h period in the absence of fetal calf serum or other growth factors. DHT, but not testosterone, at 10(-7) M significantly increased 5 alpha R activity (rat, 1.5 +/- 0.3% to 3.0 +/- 0.4%; human, 7.6 +/- 1.7% to 11.4 +/- 2.9%; P < 0.01). IGF-I (10(-9)-6.4 x 10(-9) M), but not IGF-II (10(-9)-10(-Cool M) or insulin (10(-9)-10(-7) M), increased enzyme activity in a dose-related fashion [i.e. 1.5 +/- 0.5 to 10 +/- 2 in rat and 6.0 +/- 1.1 to 9.8 +/- 1.6% (P < 0.01) in human cells]. No change in cell numbers was observed in any experiment. Since the effect of IGF-I was about 100 times that of androgen, we studied the possibility that androgen induction of the enzyme activity could be via IGF-I production. Addition of a monoclonal antibody against IGF-I significantly reduced the effect of DHT, and simultaneous addition of a specific IGF-I receptor antibody blocked the expected induction of 5 alpha R activity (control, 4.9 +/- 0.5; DHT, 8.0 +/- 1.9; DHT plus IGF-I receptor antibody, 3.7 +/- 0.4%). No effect on 3 alpha-reduction of [3H]DHT to 3 alpha-androstanediol was detected in separate experiments. These studies indicate that IGF-I may be an important regulator of skin 5 alpha R activity and, thus, may influence DHT formation. The previously known androgen induction of this peripheral steroidogenic enzyme may be via paracrine/autocrine production of an IGF-I-type growth factor.

halp pls.

As an FYI... reason I wanna get on androxal is because my T levels/free T/etc are low all across the board, but still losing hair. I suspect my run with RU58841 ruined my test levels, and hairloss has been worse than before, since using RU58841 for a few months.

No offense, but the what is the conclusion or rather meaning of your post?
Many here posts as the moderator a full list of so called studies, but with with non conclusion of the actual studie.
Since I´m a beginner, i would appreciate if you can inform me your thoughts of the studies?

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  john3333 Thu Nov 24, 2016 5:56 pm

CausticSymmetry wrote:
PUFA's are healthy when they are unadulterated. A seed in its whole form or in a form that is extracted without heat (or below 100 F) is not a source of oxidation or lipid peroxidation products.
That's completely true. Avocadoes are one of the healthiest foods I've ever eaten.
john3333
john3333

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Wed Nov 30, 2016 4:36 am

Diffusing wrote:
Brabus wrote:Actually i feel more tired after my breakfast, basically after eating. But i dont eat meat in the morning. I might be allergic to some food?

Maybe your digestion is off. How is your stool?

Yeah i think its the digestion. My stool is normal i guess just sometimes i have diarrhea but no constipation. I feel great after workout but when I eat it starts again. What can I do?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Brabus Sat Dec 03, 2016 1:45 am

My house doctor says its because im breathing through my mouth at night and not getting enough oxygen, is this possible?

Brabus

Back to top Go down

Post  Schitz Popinov Sat Dec 03, 2016 11:37 am

Brabus wrote:My house doctor says its because im breathing through my mouth at night and not getting enough oxygen, is this possible?

I have that same exact problem.

Schitz Popinov

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down