Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
DMSO kills demodex mites EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

DMSO kills demodex mites

Go down

DMSO kills demodex mites Empty DMSO kills demodex mites

Post  Reseeding Wed Mar 16, 2016 9:59 pm

I don't think this has been posted. I was researching DMSO the other night and came across this article. It seems to be from 2006-07?

I've read some posts and theories about demodex mites causing hairloss.
In case Tea tree oil isn't working for ya. You know DMSO will get those little suckers!

https://cassiopaea.org/forum/index.php?topic=1453.175;wap2

-- Quote ---Experimental observation on the in vitro killing effect of Dimethyl sulfoxide (DMSO) on human mite Demodex and its mechanism of action
ZHAO Ya-e, GUO Na, ZHANG Ling-xiao(Department of Immunology and Pathogenic Biology, Medical School of Xi'an Jiao tong University, Xi'an 710061, China)

To investigate the in vitro killing effect of Dimethyl sufoxide (DMSO) on human mite Demodex and it mechanism of action, mites were collected with adhesive cellophane tape technique, the classical microscopic counting method was used to determine the killing effect of DMSO on mites and the dynamic observations were pictured with Motic Image DM software. It was demonstrated that significant difference in the in vitro killing effect of DMSO existed between the DMSO-treated group and the control group (P0.05). The killing effect positively correlated with concentration of drug and time of action., and the lowest effective concentration of DMSO to express its killing effect was 40%. Additionally, DMSO showed a better killing activity than 10% or 5% Lac sulfur (P0.05). After treatment with DMSO, mites were contracted and twisted with accelerated activity for a certain period of time, then their activities gradually slow down with the body turned to be transparent and finally they die. In conclusion, it is clear that DMSO has a powerful killing effect on human mite Demodex in vitro, whose mechanism of action might be due to the combined actions of contact killing, neuromuscular toxic action and deprivation of body fluids.
--- End quote ---
Reseeding
Reseeding

Back to top Go down