Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyYesterday at 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss

4 posters

Go down

Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss Empty Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss

Post  sublime9 Sat Jul 04, 2009 3:59 am

Interesting lecture. He speaks about hair regrowth a little over half way through.

http://www.longevitynowprogram.com/news/ask-dave/

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss Empty Re: Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 04, 2009 9:17 am

sublime - Thanks for the link, great information.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss Empty Re: Audio Health Info - and a bit about hair loss

Post  CausticSymmetry Sat Jul 04, 2009 7:33 pm

One of the things David Wolfe mentioned was the mineral tin. The first time I heard about tin was from Dr Joel Wallach who made this famous recording called "Dead doctors don't lie." Now David Wolfe among other things talked about tin which is loaded in Schizandra berries. Tin also happens to be found naturally in brewer's yeast. I've been taking this for the benefit of getting B-vitamins in their natural state since the synthetics suppress one B-vitamin that is not even found in any B-complex, but that's another story.

Tin is apparently stored in the adrenal glands and if this hair loss connection is ture, it might be a good idea to either consume brewer's yeast in tablets, a powder in a shake or eat plenty of Schizandra berries.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Silverlin Sat Jul 04, 2009 11:17 pm

I know this is slightly off topic, but early this year I took brewers yeast with chlorella and got massively sick;eg constant throwing up to the point of chucking up bile.....basically the sickest I've ever been in my entire life, pretty much like food poisning(wanted to die).

Now my friend took the exact same thing and the same thing happened to him. So after a week i got other people to take the chlorella and some others to take the brewers yeast to see if it was one particular thing that was possibly contaminated.

Well no one got sick on chlorella or brewers yeast when taken seperate, so thinking it was something else i was sick from, about a week later I took the brewers yeast and chlorella yet again and was sick exactly the same all over again, my friend took the same thing also and was sick the exact same again aswell.

Does anybody know WTF is going on here? does brewers yeast really have strong contraindications with chlorella? Being that sick has really traumatised me from ever taking brewers yeast and chlorella together ever again.
Silverlin
Silverlin

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Sun Jul 05, 2009 1:36 am

I am going to tune into the hair loss audio and I will post the link here prior so anyone can listen if they want.

Happy 4th.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Sun Jul 05, 2009 3:56 am

This study was conducted to evaluate the effect of Schisandra nigra, a plant native to Jeju Island, South Korea, on the promotion of hair growth. When rat vibrissa follicles were treated with 85% ethanol (EtOH) extract of S. nigra, the hair-fiber lengths of the vibrissa follicles increased significantly. In addition, after topical application of the EtOH extract of S. nigra onto the back of C57BL/6 mice every other day, anagen progression of the hair shaft was induced. Moreover, the extract increased both the expression of proliferating cell nuclear antigen (PCNA) in the bulb matrix region and the proliferation of immortalized vibrissa dermal papilla cells. In order to determine the mechanism by which S. nigra promotes hair growth, we examined its relationship with the transforming growth factor-beta2 (TGF-beta2) signal pathway, which is known to be a regulator of catagen induction. When the vibrissa follicles in the anagen phase were treated with S. nigra extract for 7 days, the expression of TGF-beta2 in the bulb matrix region was found to be lower than that of the control follicles that were expected to be in the anagen-catagen transition phase. These results suggest that S. nigra extract has the potential to promote hair growth via down regulation of TGF-beta2 and the proliferation of dermal papilla.

http://www.labmeeting.com/paper/28765279/kang-2009-promotion-effect-of-schisandra-nigra-on-the-growth-of-hair

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 05, 2009 9:54 pm

I found this today:

http://www.springerlink.com/content/n45t02557j35607u/fulltext.pdf?page=1

Katsuhiko Yokoi1 Contact Information, Mieko Kimura1 and Yoshinori Itokawa1
(1) Department of Hygiene, Faculty of Medicine, Kyoto University, Konoe-chou Yoshida, Sakyo-ku, 606 Kyoto, Japan

Received: 10 January 1990 Accepted: 1 February 1990
Abstract To clarify the influence of dietary tin deficiency on growth and mineral status, the following two different synthetic diets were fed to male Wistar rats: group 1—a diet containing 1.99 μg tin/g; group 2—a diet containing 17 ng tin/g. The rats in group 2 showed poor growth, lowered response to sound, and alopecia, with decreased food efficiency compared with rats in group 1. The changes of mineral concentrations in tissues observed in group 2, compared with group 1, are summarized as follows: calcium concentration in lung increased; magnesium concentration in lung decreased; iron concentrations in spleen and kidney increased; iron concentration in femoral muscle decreased; zinc concentration in heart decreased; copper concentrations in heart and tibia decreased; manganese concentrations in femoral muscle and tibia decreased. These results suggest that tin may be essential for rat growth.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down