Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyToday at 11:16 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp

5 posters

Go down

Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp Empty Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Sep 30, 2015 8:21 am

Hey all

I am using a mixture of distilled water and pure MSM powder in a spray bottle and using it to spray my problem areas throughout the day, but I was wondering, the consistency is basically just like water, and it quickly rolls off of my scalp.  However, later when it dries I can see some dried powder around where I sprayed (and some that gets stuck to the hair itself), so I assume some of it must be staying and not simply dripping off?

I thought I would need a carrier oil or something but supposedly MSM can penetrate without anything, and I know it's used topically on other areas of the skin for pain/inflammation so I assume it can penetrate.

Also, one paranoid question; After it gets absorbed through my scalp (or skin or wherever it rolls off to), does it technically add to the total MSM I've taken orally for that day?  For example, 1 gram of topical MSM, say 500 mg gets absorbed, does that 500 mg add to my oral consumption, so if I've taken 5 grams orally, it would technically be 5,500 mg?

Thanks for any help

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp Empty Re: Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp

Post  Biffy Tue Oct 06, 2015 9:32 am

I had the same experience with MSM - a lot of powder just stayed on the scalp. Though I am sure that my hair grow faster and thicker whenever I used it. I was sometimes applying Emu oil after MSM to push the remaining powder in the skin, you should try the same.

Biffy

Back to top Go down

Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp Empty Re: Topical MSM Hair Spray Rolling Off My Scalp

Post  djenner Tue Oct 06, 2015 10:10 am

I started using it last week and don't really have that problem, but does anyone know what results you can expect? It's like adding sulfur so you basically should have the type of results when using onion juice? Is it also supposed to help with reversing grey hair?

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Sun Oct 11, 2015 2:43 pm

djenner wrote:I started using it last week and don't really have that problem

It didn't just immediately roll off your scalp?  How did you get it to stay?

Also, good point with the emu oil after msm, but that stuff is expensive so it will be limited to my main trouble areas.

Perhaps I'm using too much MSM in my mixture and it's not completely dissolving? Perhaps I should heat my distilled water on the stove more to make it dissolve easier? I shake the bottle really well before each application but...

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Sun Oct 11, 2015 9:31 pm

Johndoe this isn't dissolving completely in water simply because your MSM is impure/contains fillers. This will render the sulfer less effective, as it is very sensitive to anything it's mixed with. I would recommend hairevos MSM, it's the only good source I have found (MRM was ok but quality differed from each order). Pure msm will dissolve easily in water (distilled water is better as the chlorine added to tap water will have an effect on the sulfur).
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 12, 2015 12:18 am

hairyshowers wrote:Johndoe this isn't dissolving completely in water simply because your MSM is impure/contains fillers. This will render the sulfer less effective, as it is very sensitive to anything it's mixed with. I would recommend hairevos MSM, it's the only good source I have found (MRM was ok but quality differed from each order). Pure msm will dissolve easily in water (distilled water is better as the chlorine added to tap water will have an effect on the sulfur).

Huh, but isn't OptiMSM a good brand, from Bergstrom Nutrition?  That's what I have, I thought about the problem of it not being pure but since it's that brand I didn't think so

It actually does dissolve easily and completely, but if I let the bottle sit for awhile it shows up a bit.

Also yes I use distilled water

Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Mon Oct 12, 2015 4:55 am

It may be good, iv never used that brand. Is it large distilled crystals? Or a powder with anti-caking agents? Pure msm/water should mix without any residue
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 12, 2015 7:01 am

hairyshowers wrote:It may be good, iv never used that brand. Is it large distilled crystals? Or a powder with anti-caking agents? Pure msm/water should mix without any residue

Well it MAY have anti-caking agents, I'm not 100% sure, but I read on their website:

Four-stage distillation process for optimal purity
Every batch is third-party tested for quality and consistency
GRAS-designated
Manufactured in a cGMP-compliant, ISO9001:2008 registered,
FSSC22000:2010 certified facility
Clinically backed by published U.S. research
Manufactured exclusively in the USA for more than 25 years

I mean, at least SOME of the powder has to get absorbed, right?  I spray a ton on, and while a lot is wasted I'm sure, something has to get through

EDIT:  By the way hairy, if you don't mind, could you share your DT technique with me?  I scoured the thread and couldn't really find it (it's probably buried deep within all the flaming and arguments). I just don't know if my recent shedding is due to DT somehow, maybe I'm doing it too long, or just my natural hair loss progression.

Would really appreciate it

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Oct 13, 2015 2:24 am

(My previous post is too old to edit)

I was wondering, what about dissolving MSM powder in saliva?  Saliva is 99.5% water according to Wikipedia, so MSM should have no problem dissolving in it, and what's more is that it doesn't drip almost -AT ALL-.

The only thing to worry about is that the mouth is generally thought of as very dirty, so of course excellent dental hygiene is a must (I'm using my Listerine with alcohol before my "treatment").

So far I've only experimented with saliva by itself topically, and the convenience factor at the very least is perfect, simply because it stays exactly where you put it. It's like glue!  I'm thinking that I can first apply the saliva and then the MSM powder and rub it in a bit.

Any thoughts?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  djenner Tue Oct 13, 2015 3:47 am

Anyone used cyteessentials MSM, that's the one I started using recently? What should MSM do exactly? I also heard it has darkening properties.

djenner

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Tue Oct 13, 2015 4:41 am

djenner wrote:Anyone used cyteessentials MSM, that's the one I started using recently? What should MSM do exactly? I also heard it has darkening properties.

Well I think at the very worst, it won't do any harm, so...As long as you use distilled water you can probably do whatever you want with it.

Now internally it's supposedly very beneficial for many things other than hair.

The most important thing is to make sure it's pure MSM (or as hairy said, crystals without anti-caking agents).

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Mon Oct 19, 2015 3:04 am

johndoe1225 wrote:(My previous post is too old to edit)

I was wondering, what about dissolving MSM powder in saliva?  Saliva is 99.5% water according to Wikipedia, so MSM should have no problem dissolving in it, and what's more is that it doesn't drip almost -AT ALL-.

The only thing to worry about is that the mouth is generally thought of as very dirty, so of course excellent dental hygiene is a must (I'm using my Listerine with alcohol before my "treatment").

So far I've only experimented with saliva by itself topically, and the convenience factor at the very least is perfect, simply because it stays exactly where you put it.  It's like glue!  I'm thinking that I can first apply the saliva and then the MSM powder and rub it in a bit.

Any thoughts?

I've had the thought we could follow the example of cats. They clean their coats continuously with their saliva and it's working for them Very Happy
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Oct 19, 2015 5:48 am

Delphine wrote:
johndoe1225 wrote:(My previous post is too old to edit)

So far I've only experimented with saliva by itself topically, and the convenience factor at the very least is perfect, simply because it stays exactly where you put it.  It's like glue!  I'm thinking that I can first apply the saliva and then the MSM powder and rub it in a bit.

Any thoughts?

I've had the thought we could follow the example of cats.  They clean their coats continuously with their saliva and it's working for them Very Happy

Yeah, human saliva contains VEGF which is beneficial for hair, it couldn't hurt, as long as it's your own saliva

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down