Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently?

3 posters

Go down

What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? Empty What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently?

Post  NW0 Tue Aug 11, 2015 5:21 am

If you've done some reading on finasteride experiences, a recurring commentary is that the MPB itch went away. So the immediate conclusion would be that the DHT levels on the scalp went down and the inflammation, or whatever that is, subdued.

Im just wondering what is exactly triggering this, and if it's inflamation or something else, if it's some sort of bug that feeds on 5ar or what. I just have no idea but the connection is obvious. Even myself can confirm it does something beneficial in the scalp. Im on the topical form of fin daily, and while is not leaving me with a 100% fresh scalp, it's definitely an improvement, even tho I still feel the damn scalp uncomfortable. There's something wrong with me that is fucking up my scalp. I've also got anxiety and shaky legs which can possibly be derived from the hairloss. So what was first, chicken or egg?

Anyway, we've got now thousands of experiences that confirm finasteride -> partial or potentially total removal of the dreaded MPB itch. Discuss.

NW0

Back to top Go down

What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? Empty Re: What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently?

Post  Growdamnit Tue Aug 11, 2015 8:02 am

I have never taken finasteride and I never will. For what it's worth, after changing my lifestyle over the years and educating myself on hair loss, my itch has essentially disappeared. If I don't shower for days (camping), only then does the itch reappear. I believe DT has helped with this itch along with dermarolling. I believe it is all connected, though.

While we don't have a cure (natural & drugs) or even a treatment (natural) for hair loss, I refuse to believe that it cannot be reversed naturally.

Growdamnit

Back to top Go down

What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently? Empty Re: What is "MPB itch" specifically and why does finasteride seem to calm it consistently?

Post  australian Tue Aug 11, 2015 11:48 pm

I think the itch is a result of excessive sebum production, causing our scalps to become inflamed as the hair follicles cannot breath.

For me, a combination of these things has worked to get rid of it (or at least make it a lot less noticeable):
1. Avoiding food that causes excessive sebum. These are pretty obvious for me; cows milk and greasy food - anything deep fried.
2. Topical green tea.
3. Washing my hair at least once every three days.
4. STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. This is probably the most important. If you think about any part of your body for too long it's going to start to itch.
australian
australian

Back to top Go down

Post  NW0 Sun Aug 16, 2015 10:46 am

australian wrote:I think the itch is a result of excessive sebum production, causing our scalps to become inflamed as the hair follicles cannot breath.

For me, a combination of these things has worked to get rid of it (or at least make it a lot less noticeable):
1. Avoiding food that causes excessive sebum. These are pretty obvious for me; cows milk and greasy food - anything deep fried.
2. Topical green tea.
3. Washing my hair at least once every three days.
4. STOP THINKING ABOUT IT. This is probably the most important. If you think about any part of your body for too long it's going to start to itch.

I don't think about it I just wake up with the itch.
Keto 2% seems to get rid of all the sebum, but the itch is there until I apply my foam. This is really annoying.

NW0

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down