Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Best Norwood Coverup Styles EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Best Norwood Coverup Styles

2 posters

Go down

Best Norwood Coverup Styles Empty Best Norwood Coverup Styles

Post  SonofOdin Sun Aug 02, 2015 2:34 pm

I'm getting coldfeet on getting a hair transplant, especially right now when I'm trying to afford Uni. I'm supposed to have a skype consultation with a doctor soon over HT's but I want to explore my options. What are some non-combover hairstyles one can do if they have a NW 3.5 with deep recession, vertex remains intact? I'm starting to realize how much this is ruining my career life. I'm not even taking opportunities at getting out of retail because I feel like I'm going to have a whole 6+ months where I need to go undercover post-HT.

So, any advice other than shave your head(if this looked cosmetically acceptable on me, I'd of done this ages ago) would be wonderful Smile
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Best Norwood Coverup Styles Empty Re: Best Norwood Coverup Styles

Post  Gates Sun Aug 02, 2015 4:24 pm

You don't want to shave your head entirely. Alright. Understood.

But I believe any style that attempts to "cover up" anything is *usually* a bad idea.

About the only time I've ever seen loss/recession covered up, are when guys have some slight front recession in that "air strip" region. Think Jude Law. He was about a N3 (although the remaining hair was very thick; which helped this style work) but he let the front grow out a bit longer, layered it, and kind of swept it over just slightly and it was enough to sort of cover (or at least distract) from the recession. Sometimes the style trumps the loss and does it in spite of the loss (it helped he had a hollywood face too). But again, his hair thickness and texture made that possible, so it would depend on your existing hair.

Jude:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles PGqztwT

But as you near this point, it starts getting more and more difficult. Essentially, your only options are to swipe hair onto the missing regions. What other option is there. You can't do anything else besides manipulate the "lay" and direction of hair that is there. A little bit can pass, like in Jude's example.

I believe its always best to keep hair short though (see pic above). It maintains more volume this way and doesn't rest as flat on the head, so on the areas where you are playing some smoke and mirrors, the extra body will help disguise it. When it gets too long it gets weighted down, making where the hair is being "pulled from" more visible as both the contour of the scalp, and the roots become more visible.

Have you ever tried a buzz? NOT shaving. But a buzz. My big turning point (which had me start with a buzz and then eventually just go to shaving) was realizing that covering up was really the mistake. A hair style which does not cover up, but embraces your hair line and does it tastefully is the secret. You aren't trying to show off your loss, but you aren't fucking hiding either.

Jason Statham (N5 I'd say):
Best Norwood Coverup Styles Jason_statham-e1303241143624

Statham does it right as far as I'm concerned. There's a certain point where you just aren't covering shit up. It will make you look insecure and pathetic because people will just think, "Does he think we don't notice? He must be really uncomfortable."

When we get down to it though, you're either combing-over or you are going really short and non combing-over. If you are growing hair out and manipulating whatsoever to try to push it over an empty spot, you're combing-over even if your total style wouldn't be called the comb-over. Its a matter of time before you get there. So how long you are able to pull this off, ala Jude Law, is a matter of taste and self-honesty.

Sting was obviously receding for a huge part of his career (and still a sex symbol for all of it), but he wore a short layered look that gave it the appearance of more body than it actually had. Eventually he just buzzed when it got bad enough, but he kept the style (below) up for a long time and this is one other option that at an N3 could work for you.

Sting:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles Sting

Sting-esque:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles 50a9911d2921c7c70deea10a44f7354d

Short, side-part with a fade - almost too trendy right now:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles 6de480695a9fc913f37c5899ef768e47

Variation on the above w/ a slight pompadour by the man who seems to have re-popularized it; if your frontal recession isn't bad enough this could be a good option as the little bit of longer length up top allows you to swoop over and it actually is *part* of the style. Great one for slightly receding fellas:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles Macklemore
Best Norwood Coverup Styles Images?q=tbn:ANd9GcRHfTv0bHbGskVO5FOwfKZB6mejU09DzRlyPtvwNS_aHaXQd-Qg

But when it gets bad enough, you:
Best Norwood Coverup Styles Buzz56

Gates

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Thu Aug 06, 2015 8:33 am

I meant to post earlier but, thank you for the very detailed response. I've dug myself into a pretty deep hole by going the Owen Wilson route. I was hoping to manage a caesar cut but I likely don't have the hairline for it...anyway I'll ponder these choices.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down