Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
My progress so far with a picture comparison EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

My progress so far with a picture comparison

+2
shaftless
milk
6 posters

Go down

My progress so far with a picture comparison Empty My progress so far with a picture comparison

Post  milk Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:22 am

Hi guys,

Longtime lurker here, posted once before when I started out my journey about halting my (more than normal) shedding You can find that thread here: https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t10374-shedding-has-stopped . Gives you some background information about my health and what I started out doing.

IMAGE & REASON FOR POSTING

I'm attaching a picture here to get some feedback on what's going on. Maybe I'm seeing things but it looks like I got some more black hairs popping up in between, what looks like some black areas about to spring up perhaps, and doubling up of hair follicles. My knowledge of how regrowth works is limited so I'm hoping for some comments on that. It's not much, but looks like an improvement. My main reason for posting is if we can establish it's regrowth then others could perhaps work some of my techniques, although simple, into their regimen.

My progress so far with a picture comparison Hair-c11

To clarify, these photos are about 2 months apart. The one on the left is when I started getting some sun, that's why it's more pink, and the one on the right (from today) is when the pink became a tan. Two months time is keeping me skeptical as results are possibly too fast to be real?

- Same camera
- Same exact spot in the bathroom, with same light & no outside light influence
- Area of head is bottom back rightside of crown, near the in-tact hairline
- Hair on the left is just a bit longer as I hadn't buzzed in about 2 weeks to where it is now

BACKGROUND ON WHAT I'VE BEEN DOING:

Diet:
- Predominantly animal fats, try to keep carbs low but predominantly get those from veggies
- Yoghurt for breakfast, rice crackers with butter, cheese, and meat for lunch, and meat + veggies for dinner
- Around 600ml of raw milk almost everyday
- Any meat I eat has fat. Red meat comes from local, organic grass raised cows
- I have been eating this way for about 1.5 years now, but have gradually introduced more & more fats and have eaten less veggies & more meat
- No grain

Supplements:
- Inconsistently take iodine / brazil nuts (3 days on - 4 days off)
- Zinc every couple of days

Topicals:
- None

Nofap:
- Began this at the start of the first picture (2 months ago) and I feel this might be the kickstarter of the new-found possible regrowth
- Perhaps my situation is more to do with hormonal imbalance

What I want to do:
- Get some pico ionic magnesium for the absorb ability. Can't believe I haven't yet, someone even suggested it in the older thread of mine but I forgot about it. Hopefully it will make everything I'm doing that much more effective.

Let me know what you guys think!

p.s. saw sage's post about his topical and WOW, gotta get that into my regimen

milk

Back to top Go down

My progress so far with a picture comparison Empty Re: My progress so far with a picture comparison

Post  shaftless Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:35 am

What are we looking at exactly? What part of your scalp? Also, you can see some very light coloured hairs on the left pic. Maybe these hairs are turning darker which is giving the illusion of more dark hairs in the second pic.

shaftless

Back to top Go down

My progress so far with a picture comparison Empty Re: My progress so far with a picture comparison

Post  milk Tue Jun 23, 2015 5:41 am

shaftless wrote:What are we looking at exactly? What part of your scalp? Also, you can see some very light coloured hairs on the left pic. Maybe these hairs are turning darker which is giving the illusion of more dark hairs in the second pic.

The area I'm comparing is marked by the red circle:
My progress so far with a picture comparison Hair-z10

Yeah, that's what I was think perhaps some of those light colored hairs turning, but that seems too soon to me which is why I'm skeptical

The part where I'm seeing most possible regrowth from zoomed in picture is bottom right if you look closely. Seems to be more black hairs in close proximity, some shorter than the others which makes me hopeful it is in fact new.

milk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:06 am

why no topicals ??

I would reccomend some

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  milk Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:13 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:why no topicals ??

I would reccomend some

Yeah, I have thought about it but I haven't seen much success from people with topicals, besides sage recently. My reasoning is I don't want to clog up my pores and build up gunk. Even if well-cleaned couldn't it build up?

Coconut oil is interesting for the anti-bacterial properties as is ACV. My other reasoning was to fix what's on the inside before going topical treatments as I don't want to waste resources.

Have you had any success with topicals?

milk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 23, 2015 8:30 am

milk wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:why no topicals ??

I would reccomend some

Yeah, I have thought about it but I haven't seen much success from people with topicals, besides sage recently. My reasoning is I don't want to clog up my pores and build up gunk. Even if well-cleaned couldn't it build up?

Coconut oil is interesting for the anti-bacterial properties as is ACV. My other reasoning was to fix what's on the inside before going topical treatments as I don't want to waste resources.

Have you had any success with topicals?

it depends on the topical if ti will build up. oils will.

Yes, I have had success with topicals

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  milk Tue Jun 23, 2015 9:22 am

Great to hear. Which topical would you say was the most effective? Or is it a combo effect that you are looking for? Blood flow, bacteria, ex foliating, etc.

milk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:17 pm

i like solban (see signature)

rejuveplex

topical niacin

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Hairbeback Tue Jun 23, 2015 12:43 pm

How often do you put on topicals? twice a week or everyday? I have been on and off with topicals and was wondering if I could approach it in a different way. I want to use a Aloe Vera from the plant topical mixed with Organic virgin coconut oil. Should I apply this everyday or a few times a week, and how long should I leave it in?

Hairbeback

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Wed Jun 24, 2015 12:57 am

I find aloe vera is messy. perhaps aloe liquid would be easier.

coconut oil also messy, but effective

I can apply solban twice a day, and not leave residue

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Columbo Wed Jun 24, 2015 3:30 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I find aloe vera is messy. perhaps aloe liquid would be easier.

coconut oil also messy, but effective

I can apply solban twice a day, and not leave residue

this aloe vera here is great, you can splash it right on and it dries right in. nice tightening feel about it, I like to splash some on when I go out...

http://www.amazon.co.uk/Fushi-Fresh-Organic-1200mg-polysaccharides/dp/B00205E63U

(I saw an interview with some bloke who was 75, he looked about 35 -- he reckoned it was down to topical aloe vera use)

coconut oil I do find too greasy to leave too much on. I'm trying a Sage style once per day topical for 20m per day then washing off, seems to be the best way for messy topicals.
Columbo
Columbo

Back to top Go down

Post  milk Wed Jun 24, 2015 4:34 am

I've used aloe vera as well, and I agree, very messy.

Here's maybe something; what about activated charcoal / coconut oil mix? Activated charcoal when consumed (I do this from time to time) has the ability to bond toxins to it and carry it out of the body extremely efficiently.

I wonder if it could do the same but from a topical stand point. Bonding to toxins in the scalp or on the scalp itself. I've looked around but have never seen it used as a topical or on the skin itself, but definitely something worth looking into I think.

milk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sage 1 Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:05 am

Hi milk,

The good part is the base of the oils with my treatment, that is to easy to apply and wash off.
I have great results with green tea and coriander, but you can easily add as you like with charcoal for example.

I´m not experimenting too much since this is working for me.
Hope you will find a good solution, and your diet plays a part also as it does for me.

Sage 1

Back to top Go down

Post  milk Wed Jun 24, 2015 5:10 am

Sage 1 wrote:Hi milk,

The good part is the base of the oils with my treatment, that is to easy to apply and wash off.
I have great results with green tea and coriander, but you can easily add as you like with charcoal for example.

I´m not experimenting too much since this is working for me.
Hope you will find a good solution, and your diet plays a part also as it does for me.

I saw your post and I was quite impressed. What I like most is it incorporates the fresh ingredients. I'm absolutely going to give that a shot, I've got the herbs already in pots just need the other ingredients.

I'm thinking this with some charcoal 'clean up' in between could be a powerful duo

milk

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down