Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast

2 posters

Go down

The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast Empty The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast

Post  Gates Sun Jun 07, 2015 1:46 pm

Lurked the forum for a while, and tried to gather what I could about testosterone, which seems to be a controversial subject in the world of hair loss.

In my opinion, the key is to boost total testosterone levels while minimizing the unbound fraction by reducing aromatization, recruiting more of the free testosterone into other tissues, and upregulating binding proteins.

There isn't a drug free option by which we can achieve this with certainty, but based on my research there is evidence to show there are lifestyle and dietary factors that can swing the odds.

There are so many fluff products and articles on boosting testosterone. Simple answer, eat fat, get sleep, lift heavy things, and find a bone building supplement. You could spend 100 dollars buying separate T-products to get the essentials you'll find in a product like Jarrows Bone supplement. What builds bone also promotes testosterone. There's no coincidence in the fact men's bones continue to gain density into their 50's.

Reducing aromatization. That's tough in the prescription free arena. Lowering body fat levels is probably the single best intervention. Zinc in sufficient amounts can also help, along with antioxidant therapy with pigments such as quercetin. Men can safely supplement zinc at 50 mg plus per day (I do 100) with absolutely no issue save for watching copper intake alongside it.

Recruiting free test into other tissues is an issue of creating the proper signalling in the skeletal muscle. Lift and lift heavy. There shouldn't be a day of the week at least one of your major muscle groups is not in a state of inflammatory recovery.

Lastly, controlling binding protein. Manage carbohydrate intake. Insulin dysregulation lowers binding protein. Control blood sugar and your SHBG normalizes. Obviously thats a more complex subject thats been talked about at length here. Antioxidant supplementation with meals is essential.

Gates

Back to top Go down

The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast Empty Re: The Topic of Testosterone and Controlling The Beast

Post  4039 Sun Jun 07, 2015 2:51 pm

Agreed. However we need to work not just hard but also smart.

Along with that heavy lifting, high intensity training will maximize your output and vastly lower body fat. And remember less is more... rest is the most important aspect of proper training. I also sleep grounded to assist in recovery.

Fasting for 6-8 hours during the day, especially in absence of fat, will further boost endogenous hormone production including GH. I personally supplement with niacin and known secretagogues on an empty stomach, which further increase the growth hormone effect. I also employ wbv and rebounders on days when I feel a little lacking in energy, also furthering GH.

Then get plenty of leafy greens to overwhelm your body with red blood cells and enough protein (and calcium) to maintain lean body mass. That's the only way to turn back the clock, while taking your hair along for the ride.

The answer is actually pretty basic; it just takes hard work and discipline, which understandably is beyond many. Unfortunately Americans have been conditioned to look for easy fixes and are fairly gullible.

Back to top Go down