Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyToday at 9:12 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Could this be a carotid dissection?  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Could this be a carotid dissection?

Go down

Could this be a carotid dissection?  Empty Could this be a carotid dissection?

Post  jkj86 Sun Apr 19, 2015 8:27 am

I have experienced ice-pick headaches a few times over the past few months (sudden onset), each time lasting multiple days and gradually fading away. My pupils are still uneven much of the time though. I noticed that each time the headaches started, it was after a workout including heavy deadlifting, squatting, benching, etc... I have since stopped working out until things go back to normal. The doctor I was checked out by laughed it off when I suggested a dissection, but I know it's something on the right side, and when I try to stretch my head to the left, I will suddenly feel a jolt of pain when doing so and my right eye will suddenly dilate again. My other thought is that it could be nerve related, but it seems like dissection is a possibility here, if so I am wondering if I should push to get a neck MRI as she would only approve a brain MRI which I am not so sure would be helpful in this case.

In the meantime should I take aspirin or something to mitigate any potential risk of stroke?

jkj86

Back to top Go down

Could this be a carotid dissection?  Empty Re: Could this be a carotid dissection?

Post  jkj86 Tue Apr 28, 2015 12:18 pm

I have come to the conclusion that this is very likely carotid dissection. I get insurance starting next month, so I will probably get it checked out by another doctor in order to be 100% sure. I found when I turn my head to the left side my right pupil will suddenly become completely dilated, and when I turn the other way it will become normal again, so it definitely has to do with my carotid artery.

I think I won't ever lift heavy weights again, sadly. This thing freaked me out too much to take any risks of something like this again. But for now I am taking nattokinase, fish oil, celery seed, and a couple other things to prevent strokes until I get this checked.

jkj86

Back to top Go down