Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Dermaroller on the long term? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Dermaroller on the long term?

4 posters

Go down

Dermaroller on the long term? Empty Dermaroller on the long term?

Post  TheDivineMarquis Thu Apr 02, 2015 8:55 am

I´ve been using a dermaroller (1,5mm/192) for about 1 year; but last year, in March, I switched it for one that had 540 needles - wich didnt seem very effective. So I continued/restarted the treatment with a proper one in September. I alternated the rolling sessions between once weekly and once every 2 weeks. There were times when my hairline seemed to worsen and then it seemed like a lot of terminals were popping up. Now my hairline seems to be achieving a better shape.

So, my question is: do you guys think is dangerous or beneficial to continue to use a dermaroller on the long run? I was planning on only roll once a month after january of 2016.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Dermaroller on the long term? Empty Re: Dermaroller on the long term?

Post  hairyshowers Thu Apr 02, 2015 9:36 am

I can't see any danger with long term dermarolling, aslong as you disinfect your scalp and the roller beforehand. The optimum frequency seems to be once every 3-4 weeks and if you really want to get the most from wounding you should be using something to promote wound healing and skin regeneration, such as iodine or GHK-GU (https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t10735-ghk-copper-peptides-and-dna-resetting-the-human-genome-to-health).
If detumescence therapy ever fails me I will take up this approach.
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:22 am

hairyshowers wrote:I can't see any danger with long term dermarolling, aslong as you disinfect your scalp and the roller beforehand. The optimum frequency seems to be once every 3-4 weeks and if you really want to get the most from wounding you should be using something to promote wound healing and skin regeneration, such as iodine or GHK-GU (https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t10735-ghk-copper-peptides-and-dna-resetting-the-human-genome-to-health).

Regarding the iodine you are sugesting: are you talking about something like the kind of iodine CS recommends? Or something like betadine? - because it wouldn´t be the first time betadine is recommended as a hair growth topical.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:37 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:
hairyshowers wrote:I can't see any danger with long term dermarolling, aslong as you disinfect your scalp and the roller beforehand. The optimum frequency seems to be once every 3-4 weeks and if you really want to get the most from wounding you should be using something to promote wound healing and skin regeneration, such as iodine or GHK-GU (https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t10735-ghk-copper-peptides-and-dna-resetting-the-human-genome-to-health).

Regarding the iodine you are sugesting: are you talking about something like the kind of iodine CS recommends? Or something like betadine? - because it wouldn´t be the first time betadine is recommended as a hair growth topical.
Either will work, but it is the iodine in betadine (providone-iodine) and not the PVP which will be responsible for aiding regrowth, so you would probably be better finding a pure iodine solution and applying topically (internally is essential too).
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Thu Apr 02, 2015 10:53 am

hairyshowers wrote:
TheDivineMarquis wrote:

Either will work, but it is the iodine in betadine (providone-iodine) and not the PVP which will be responsible for aiding regrowth, so you would probably be better finding a pure iodine solution and applying topically (internally is essential too).

In Portugal is not easy to buy something like Lugol or any other kind of iodine solution. So I dont think I´ll be capable of obtain one of those. I guess I´ll have to stick with the betadine, for now. How and how often should I apply it?
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  hairyshowers Thu Apr 02, 2015 11:44 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:
hairyshowers wrote:
TheDivineMarquis wrote:

In Portugal is not easy to buy something like Lugol or any other kind of iodine solution. So I dont think I´ll be capable of obtain one of those. I guess I´ll have to stick with the betadine, for now. How and how often should I apply it?
To be honest you are best off asking these questions in another forum because there are very few guys here dermarolling (SAGA has a whole section dedicated to it).
Ask 2young2retire, he completely regrew his entire head of hair in 1 year (NW4 to NW1) and also applied betadine and scalp massaged religiously. Good luck
hairyshowers
hairyshowers

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Fri Apr 03, 2015 7:45 am

Thanks! I will try to contact him. I tried to register on the SAGA forums, but Im still waiting for the confirmation email.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Fri Apr 03, 2015 12:02 pm

I have been following the pubmed research where they used a 1.5mm roller and did the exercise every 7 days. It hurts and my scalp is sore to brush for a day or two after. Itching then starts and goes for a few days (healing process I think).

Lately, I have the feeling that I should back off on frequency with the derma-rolling and maybe do it every 14 days? Something inside me just started wondering if doing it every 7 days was not allowing enough time to heal?

Any thoughts or comments would be very appreciated. Thanks.

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Fri Apr 03, 2015 8:53 pm

Renky wrote:I have been following the pubmed research where they used a 1.5mm roller and did the exercise every 7 days. It hurts and my scalp is sore to brush for a day or two after. Itching then starts and goes for a few days (healing process I think).

Lately, I have the feeling that I should back off on frequency with the derma-rolling and maybe do it every 14 days? Something inside me just started wondering if doing it every 7 days was not allowing enough time to heal?

Any thoughts or comments would be very appreciated. Thanks.
Maybe it's better to doit at least once in eyery 15 days or more. If read a lot of dermaroller threads on this forum and others, you will find that if you dont give your scalp enough time to heal it can be counterproductive - it will make loose hair instead of gaining it.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  The Hulk Sat Apr 04, 2015 11:31 am

Gotch ya... I think I may have been doing it too much and it was going against me. So I will look at every two weeks or every three weeks and see how that goes.

Thanks!

The Hulk

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Apr 04, 2015 12:12 pm

TheDivineMarquis wrote:I´ve been using a dermaroller (1,5mm/192) for about 1 year; but last year, in March, I switched it for one that had 540 needles - wich didnt seem very effective. So I continued/restarted the treatment with a proper one in September. I alternated the rolling sessions between once weekly and once every 2 weeks. There were times when my hairline seemed to worsen and then it seemed like a lot of terminals were popping up. Now my hairline seems to be achieving a better shape.

So, my question is: do you guys think is dangerous or beneficial to continue to use a dermaroller on the long run? I was planning on only roll once a month after january of 2016.

what supplements do you take ?

I would say supplement with gelatin/ (maybe glycine), silica, vitamin c to rebuild the collagen after the dermaroll

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sun Apr 05, 2015 2:10 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:
TheDivineMarquis wrote:I´ve been using a dermaroller (1,5mm/192) for about 1 year; but last year, in March, I switched it for one that had 540 needles - wich didnt seem very effective. So I continued/restarted the treatment with a proper one in September. I alternated the rolling sessions between once weekly and once every 2 weeks. There were times when my hairline seemed to worsen and then it seemed like a lot of terminals were popping up. Now my hairline seems to be achieving a better shape.

I would say supplement with gelatin/ (maybe glycine), silica, vitamin c to rebuild the collagen after the dermaroll
I take what my very tight budject allows me: . Curcumin/Resveratrol
. Salmon oil 2g daily
. Beta-sitosterol 113 mg daily
. Brewers yeast
. Taurine 1,5g daily
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:43 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:
iuyyighghghgkh wrote:

I take what my very tight budject allows me:  . Curcumin/Resveratrol
. Salmon oil 2g daily
. Beta-sitosterol 113 mg daily
. Brewers yeast
. Taurine 1,5g daily

Salmon oil - use it in antique clock mechanisms. not your body.
Beta-sitosterol - acceptable. good or bad ? i don't know. but blocks DHT.
Brewers yeast - take gelatine instead.
taurine - similar to glycine and gelatin. yes taurine is okay.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sun Apr 05, 2015 3:58 am

There's too much evidence on the benefits of EFA on hair and health to trow it away like that. It helps with PGD2 and other inflammation mechanisms; it is also a good krill oil alternative. I believe your aversion to EFA comes from a "peaterean" perspective, but the data on this regard is conflictive. CS recommends it somewhere in a post, I think his perspectives on diet and supplements are more hairwise than ray peats's.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 05, 2015 6:39 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote:There's too much evidence on the benefits of EFA on hair and health to trow it away like that. It helps with PGD2 and other inflammation mechanisms; it is also a good krill oil alternative. I believe your aversion to EFA comes from a "peaterean" perspective, but the data on this regard is conflictive. CS recommends it somewhere in a post, I think his perspectives on diet and supplements are more hairwise than ray peats's.

actually someone mentioned minoxidil and pgd2

then I remembered the connection between balding and pgd2 that was discovered a few years ago

pgd2 is caused by PUFA oils. all of them, even avocados and olives

even the people on hairlosshelp realised there was a connection and overlap with peat's work and this discovery
http://www.hairlosshelp.com/forums/messageview.cfm?catid=10&threadid=110780

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  TheDivineMarquis Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:10 am

I doubt that it is that simple. Just my guess... Anyway, there are studies that state that efa downgrade pgd2 levels. Just google "omega 3 pgd2", or go the immortalhair regimen section, and you'll find that the perpectives regarding the relation between pgd2 and pufa's is conflicting.
TheDivineMarquis
TheDivineMarquis

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Apr 05, 2015 7:11 am

TheDivineMarquis wrote: conflicting.

highly

as someone who has tried everything (I really have),
I assure you all roads lead to ray peat, and end there

I would advise you not to read his stuff, when you do there's no way back

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down