Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyYesterday at 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Topical finasteride with minoxidil

4 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil Empty Topical finasteride with minoxidil

Post  Dannyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 1:57 am

Hello,

There is a famous clinic in the UK, who offers lots of options, one of them is a Topical finasteride with minoxidil, so there isn't any side effects like propecia has, which only 5% goes into the scalp, and the topical one goes 95% - so it should be much more effective. I didn't want to take it as I like only natural things, but they claim it has the best result and it's the most effective in the market ect'. I really don't like the Idea, but I'm whiling to give it a try as there many success stories in the clinic with this formula according to them.  
I thought to give it a try after all. Any thoughts on that? Thank you.

Last edited by Dannyboy on Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:25 am; edited 3 times in total

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil Empty Re: Topical finasteride with minoxidil

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:10 am

Well, propecia /finasteride is very similar, chemically to progesterone .

Perhaps just rub progesterone in your head.

Look at the chemical structure here.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Progesterone

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Finasteride

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil Empty Re: Topical finasteride with minoxidil

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Oct 25, 2014 3:50 am

That means nothing. One molecule of difference is all it takes for the effects to be vastly different.

H2O, water, is safe to drink.
H2O2, hydrogen peroxide, most certainly isn't (at least not in similar quantities). Peroxide has different properties like antibacterial which water does not.

You can't just look at a molecule, say they look 'similar' and assume they are interchangeable.

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 5:38 am

I agree.

But from real life experiments, it has the same effect of growing hair.

As long as it grows hair, do you really care ?

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 6:13 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:That means nothing. One molecule of difference is all it takes for the effects to be vastly different.

H2O2, hydrogen peroxide, most certainly isn't (at least not in similar quantities). Peroxide has different properties like antibacterial which water does not.

You can't just look at a molecule, say they look 'similar' and assume they are interchangeable.

So what do you mean by that?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:11 am

The thing with finasteride is its effectiveness does not vary too much based on dosage... so a tiny bit is causing systemic inhibition of DHT just as if you were to take it oral. This is why on non-natural hair loss forums you see people taking mini doses of fin and still getting results. If you truly want to keep your hair, you need to ask yourself how much its worth to you. Do not wait until you've passed into the point of no return to finally realize it's worth the gamble.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:23 am

SonofOdin wrote:The thing with finasteride is its effectiveness does not vary too much based on dosage... so a tiny bit is causing systemic inhibition of DHT just as if you were to take it oral. This is why on non-natural hair loss forums you see people taking mini doses of fin and still getting results. If you truly want to keep your hair, you need to ask yourself how much its worth to you. Do not wait until you've passed into the point of no return to finally realize it's worth the gamble.

If it wasn't worth and mean so much for us - we wouldn't be here, would we?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:02 am

Dannyboy wrote:
DeadlyDevice wrote:That means nothing. One molecule of difference is all it takes for the effects to be vastly different.

So what do you mean by that?

That you can't say that just because finasteride looks similar to progesterone you can put progesterone on your head or take it orally and achieve the same results.

That would be like saying you can quench your thirst by drinking peroxide because it looks similar... daft. Get it?

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:34 am

I know.

But it works anyway . Even some people use it on hair loss forums that promote propecia and minoxidil.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 9:36 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:I know.

But it works anyway . Even some people use it on hair loss forums that promote propecia and minoxidil.

How do you mean?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  DeadlyDevice Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:04 am

Which one do you use? Progest-E? Applied to the scalp?

DeadlyDevice

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:19 am

Dannyboy wrote:

How do you mean?

Some people on hair loss forums use it.

Some guy took propecia for 8 years and finally gave up.

So instead he began using

vagina cream (seriously)
spironolactone cream
Progesterone cream

It can help regrow hair. It's that simple.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Oct 25, 2014 10:20 am

DeadlyDevice wrote:

Which one do you use? Progest-E? Applied to the scalp?

Progest-e was too sticky for my liking. But is considered the best.

Source natural make a good one, that has included vitamin E for absorption. Vitamin E is also anti estrogen.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Sat Oct 25, 2014 2:17 pm

Dannyboy wrote:If it wasn't worth and mean so much for us - we wouldn't be here, would we?

It means something to everyone here, but my point is only a few who really want their hair, are willing to gamble their dick for it. Others are willing to spend time with experimental treatments and possibly lose their hair forever or... regrow, but its a tossup.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Oct 25, 2014 7:35 pm

SonofOdin wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:If it wasn't worth and mean so much for us - we wouldn't be here, would we?

It means something to everyone here, but my point is only a few who really want their hair, are willing to gamble their dick for it. Others are willing to spend time with experimental treatments and possibly lose their hair forever or... regrow, but its a tossup.

So, what kind of gamble you claim it is - taking a topical that contains finasteride minoxi ?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 26, 2014 1:35 am

This website claims apple polyphenols are twice as effective as minoxidil

secondly he offers a refund if they dont work

Just take a picture of your hair each month as proof

http://www.applepoly.com/procyanidin-b-2/index.htm

minoxidil - Topical finasteride with minoxidil Procyanidin-b2-chart_1

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sun Oct 26, 2014 12:10 pm

Although in theory, taking any nitric oxide booster will mimic minoxidil.

In theory anyway.

Nitric oxide also plays an important role in mitochondria function.

mitochondria function is affected by thyroid function too.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Oct 27, 2014 1:53 am

However, it is my belief that if someone is hypothyroid,

no hair loss supplement/treatment/shampoo will do anything for you.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  SonofOdin Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:13 am

Dannyboy wrote:

So, what kind of gamble you claim it is - taking a topical that contains finasteride minoxi ?

If you mean what side effects you can expect then in my opinion you're going to get the same sides from a finasteride topical, as you would going on oral finasteride, and then of course minoxidil has certain sides too such as rapid aging of the face. This is what I've read from my research, not from personal experience. My personal experience with the drug finasteride in general is my facial hair grows at 1/3 of its previous rate, and my libido seems paradoxically higher despite the inhibition of DHT. Our interactions will all be unique to us but the point of my posts in this thread is when it comes to the drug finasteride there is no safe way of consuming it, and from what it sounds, that company is trying to convince people they've found a way to make fin side-free which is completely evil considering the possible implications to a mans health when taking the drug.
SonofOdin
SonofOdin

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:22 am

Topical niacin can also work.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Mon Oct 27, 2014 2:54 am

SonofOdin wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

If you mean what side effects you can expect then in my opinion you're going to get the same sides from a finasteride topical, as you would going on oral finasteride, and then of course minoxidil has certain sides too such as rapid aging of the face. This is what I've read from my research, not from personal experience. My personal experience with the drug finasteride in general is my facial hair grows at 1/3 of its previous rate, and my libido seems paradoxically higher despite the inhibition of DHT. Our interactions will all be unique to us but the point of my posts in this thread is when it comes to the drug finasteride there is no safe way of consuming it, and from what it sounds, that company is trying to convince people they've found a way to make fin side-free which is completely evil considering the possible implications to a mans health when taking the drug.

Thanks for your answer.Well, it sounds quiet strange to me that having 0.04% finasteride topically on the scalp, will have the same effect of taking propecia orally directly into the blood stream. They have to inform side effects by law, as far as I know. Any seconds opinions please?
Didn't hear about ageing skin from using minoxidil - interesting. The formula has also Azelaic acid 2% along with both drugs - any thoughts?

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Fri Oct 31, 2014 10:55 pm

Dannyboy wrote:
SonofOdin wrote:
Dannyboy wrote:

Thanks for your answer.Well, it sounds quiet strange to me that having 0.04% finasteride topically on the scalp, will have the same effect of taking propecia orally directly into the blood stream. They have to inform side effects by law, as far as I know. Any seconds opinions please?
Didn't hear about ageing skin from using minoxidil - interesting. The formula has also Azelaic acid 2% along with both drugs - any thoughts?  

Please, any thoughts - good or bad? Thanks

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:49 am

Bad.

Do not use it.

Try topical progesterone for 3 months instead.

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Dannyboy Sat Nov 01, 2014 12:57 am

iuyyighghghgkh wrote:Bad.

Do not use it.

Try topical progesterone for 3 months instead.

Can you explain why you think that way?
It the most successful product in hair clinics in the UK.

Dannyboy

Back to top Go down

Post  iuyyighghghgkh Sat Nov 01, 2014 1:07 am

Well. because minoxidil can cause shedding.

maybe try some of the other stuff mentioned. topical nitric oxide mimicers.

like niacin ? citrulline/arginine ? apple polyphenols ?

minox/finasteride have nasty side effects

Secondly, if you know it regrows hair, why are you asking ?? yes, it regrows hair when applied topically in some people

iuyyighghghgkh

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down