Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
PM and maca use EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
PM and maca use EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
PM and maca use EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
PM and maca use EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
PM and maca use EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
PM and maca use EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
PM and maca use EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
PM and maca use EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
PM and maca use EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

PM and maca use

+5
johnt
tooyoung
Swimmy
Amaranthaceae
huli
9 posters

Go down

PM and maca use Empty PM and maca use

Post  huli Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:46 pm

Thought I would start a new thread as the other one is getting very long. Started PM this week and thought I would record my experiences with it here for others to follow. It really helped me to see the experiences of guys like gioc, 2560, cpio and of course hear wise words from Nid and IH.

Using Ainterols 500mg and will try 112 degrees if the Ainterol turns out to be too much. Currently am on 1 every other day. Plan is to do that for 2 weeks, then up it to 1 every other day with 1/2 on days in between for 2 weeks, hopefully building up to 1 every day maximum. Am taking with 3 grams of maca divided between a.m. and p.m. doses.

In early December last year, shortly after realizing I had a hair loss problem a local hair transplant doctor I visited for advice (not knowing where else to turn) basically said, "no worries, take these" and gave me a year's worth of proscar in sample boxes. Despite some real reservations I decided to try it at 1/4 tablet (1.25mg) a day and within 10 days had the weirdest sensation and changes to my right nipple - it got hard and it felt like there was a hardening behind it. End of. No more of that poison for me. It disappeared after about 3 weeks but demonstrated that I seem to be very sensitive to gyno. Anyone got any ideas what that says about my base hormone level and implications that balance or imbalance may be having on my hairloss? Anyway, I am going to be very cautious with the PM but I do believe that my hormones are in some type of imbalance and that it and maca will help.

After 3 doses of PM and daily maca I can say that my scalp feels good. I may have reduced inflammation (too early to say for sure) and have had no libido effects with unaffected evening sex and healthy morning wood. No negative effects mentally or physically, in fact I feel great and energetic, but still losing hair although perhaps that has slowed a little over the course of this week. We'll see how it goes and I'll keep you posted.

fwiw I am 46, very fit, and have fairly aggressive diffuse thinning which started sometime last summer and I noticed in November. Have been lasering since mid January, have been on a low glycemic diet since March, have been on the IH top 6 plus a number of his ancillary supplements for about 3 weeks (thanks Nid for motivating me to do that) and have been using Nid's growth factors for about 3 weeks as well. Am doubtful candida or heavy metals are issues but am starting a candida cleanse just in case. As I have addressd most areas already except for hormone balance and still can't say I have stabilized loss I am pretty convinced that balancing hormones might have some positive effect. Other than age I don't seem to fit the profile of someone battling estrogen as body fat is really low and lean mass high with a ton of exercise, but something must be off. Hopefully the PM and maca address that.

Comments, suggestions, feedback is welcome. Thanks everyone for sharing your knowledge and experience.

huli

huli

Back to top Go down

PM and maca use Empty Re: PM and maca use

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:58 pm

Huli, maybe you want to do a full month EOD before taking it ED.

I take 500mg ED and have no sides whatsoever .. In fact I saw a TV program just last night, about guys participating in an experiment, in which they were chemically castrated for three weeks. The guy related that the first symptom was noticleable less need to shave, he did not have the dark stubs the morning after shaving, beard growth was slowed down. This was the first symptomhe experienced. So it is worth looking out for together with diminished libido. I dont see PM Kudzu as an androgen blockade, like CS relate it as. But as an adaptogenic and rejevuniating herb.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Thu Jun 04, 2009 11:59 pm

But only if taken correctly .., otherwise it becomes an androgen blockade (not what we want).

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Fri Jun 05, 2009 12:03 am

Maca is great with PM Kudzu. I ate 450 gram maca the last couple of months. I saw recently that researchers at the university of copenhagen LIFE faculty, are currently doing a double blinded study on Maca ability to increase sperm count and mobility. According to them there is no such study yet. Will be interest8ing to see what result they can observe.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Fri Jun 05, 2009 1:10 am

Yeah, thanks cpio. Your feedback re PM in other threads has been very helpful in my decision on trying it. I am already aware of your comment that it is a great herb if you take your time building up your dose. I will see how the first two weeks go and then decide whether to follow my plan of adding the 1/2 cap on off days or stay a while longer at just 1 EOD. I am in no rush to get to ED. More important to me is to find something that I can use for a longer haul.

Are you still playing with it as a topical? I know at one time you were breaking caps apart and adding the powder to your shampoo. How did that work out? I think I may try the extract or the Dr. Scharwtz extract that Nid recommends as a topical but I'll wait till after the PP trial which I have been accepted for. I'm following Gibson and his experience with the extract on that other thread.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  Swimmy Fri Jun 05, 2009 3:25 pm

The slight gyno effects you got on proscar may just be from being new to it. I was taking saw palmetto and I got the same effects. But after a week the symptoms went away. Just you're body getting use to it.

Long term is a different story though.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Jun 06, 2009 9:54 pm

Can anyone explain to me what ED and EOD stand for?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Sun Jun 07, 2009 12:57 am

huli, yeah I did that for awhile wity the powder, but stopped since it wasnt very practical. I know ainterol has a liquid extract that is more suitable and very concentrated, to add 1-2 drops when you shampoo. I did not try this yet, maybe some time.

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  johnt Sun Jun 07, 2009 1:13 am

tooyoung wrote:Can anyone explain to me what ED and EOD stand for?

That's "Every Day" and "Every Other Day"

johnt

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Mon Jun 08, 2009 11:22 am

CPIO - man can you change that avatar? I almost threw up the 1st time it flashed across my screen....

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Amaranthaceae Mon Jun 08, 2009 5:17 pm

lund, why did you do that? i think it's fun

Amaranthaceae

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Tue Jun 09, 2009 12:48 am

Ok....my first update re using PM and maca. It is quite remarkable. My hair loss was still quite aggressive before beginning PM/maca, but after only three days (i.e 2 days of PM and daily maca) my hair loss has stopped dead in its tracks. It is negligible to non-existent. Where as two weeks ago my hair felt weak and hair literally rained off my head when I ran my fingers through it, it is difficult to find fallen hair now when I do the same thing. My scalp feels much better - no itching, burning, redness or irritation and looks much healthier as well. I realize that PM is a strong herb, but I am absolutely staggered that this could have an effect so quickly.

As it appears that I am experiencing some success with the EOD use of 1 Ainterol PM tablet I am actually going to try to reduce my PM dose and see if I can still keep hair loss halted. As such I am now taking approx. 1/2 of a tablet EOD. I'll see how I make out on that dose as I figure why take any more than necessary.

I will continue to keep you posted.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  DM5 Fri Jun 12, 2009 6:19 am

Just wondering if your libido has taken a nosedive?
DM5
DM5

Back to top Go down

Post  lund Fri Jun 12, 2009 9:49 am

Thanks

cpio wrote:lund, why did you do that? i think it's fun

lund

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Sun Jun 14, 2009 2:13 pm

wut side do u order the pm and maca from?

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jun 19, 2009 12:59 pm

huli
is the hairloss still stopped?

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Sat Jun 20, 2009 1:59 am

It was clearly jumping the gun to say that it was STOPPED. However it has been drastically reduced. I am pretty sure that if I could take more PM it would stop totally but I am quite nervous about taking more with the risk of developing gyno. I am only taking 1/2 tablet every other day and will slowly try to up it to 1 every other day. it's just that my libido took a hit after a week of 1 EOD.

I am supplementing my 1/2 EOD with the 112 degrees product that Nid uses which also contains some PM but at a much lower dose.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  tooyoung Sat Jun 20, 2009 10:49 pm

What would the effect of PM have on someone with already a very poor libido?

tooyoung

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:21 am

huli wrote:It was clearly jumping the gun to say that it was STOPPED. However it has been drastically reduced. I am pretty sure that if I could take more PM it would stop totally but I am quite nervous about taking more with the risk of developing gyno. I am only taking 1/2 tablet every other day and will slowly try to up it to 1 every other day. it's just that my libido took a hit after a week of 1 EOD.

I am supplementing my 1/2 EOD with the 112 degrees product that Nid uses which also contains some PM but at a much lower dose.

huli, any updates? hows your hair doing brother?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  huli Wed Dec 16, 2009 3:43 am

I bailed on PM ages ago due to sides. I am using papain/bromelain now and seeing some modest regrowth at the hairline and front. My crown is in rough shape because of the shed but hopefully there will end up being regrowth there as well.

huli

Back to top Go down

Post  RobHealthMan Wed Dec 16, 2009 12:23 pm

huli wrote:I bailed on PM ages ago due to sides. I am using papain/bromelain now and seeing some modest regrowth at the hairline and front. My crown is in rough shape because of the shed but hopefully there will end up being regrowth there as well.

thanks for the update huli.

what supps in papain/brom are you taking? how many mg per day?

RobHealthMan

Back to top Go down

Post  Yanks Tue Sep 28, 2010 12:11 pm

Hey huli,

How's the progress with papain/bromelain coming?

Do you think PM would work topically in small doses, hence decreasing sides a little?
Yanks
Yanks

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down