Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills

5 posters

Go down

Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills Empty Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills

Post  lund Sat May 30, 2009 1:21 pm

http://articles.mercola.com/sites/vitalvotes/archive/2009/03/26/the-hidden-dangers-in-nutritional-supplements.aspx

1. titanium oxide
2. magnesium stereate

lund

Back to top Go down

Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills Empty Re: Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills

Post  slowbutspeeding Sun May 31, 2009 11:22 am

Interesting video! IH, can you chime in on the observations about the use of binders and fillers in supps that cause biofilm that block absorption in the small intestines?
I'm seeing that alot of my supps have magnesium stearate listed in other ingredients...

slowbutspeeding

Back to top Go down

Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills Empty Re: Binders and Fillers - Dangers of chugging pills

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 31, 2009 1:45 pm

slowbutspeeding - I saw that video when it came out. I've noticed that often some supplement manufactures will state on the label that the stearate comes from a vegetable source.

I pretty much agree with what the Now Brand company has to say about this:

http://www.nowfoods.com/Quality/QualityNotes/M093528.htm

I have found that in some instances, some of Dr. Mercola's warnings no longer apply in some cases. For example, HFCS does not use mercury to produce it any longer, but recently he made some noise about that. Of course despite no mercury there are other reasons to avod HFCS, but I digress, I'm too worried about Magnesium stearate.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  slowbutspeeding Sun May 31, 2009 3:06 pm

Yeah, i did notice how NOW brands specified that their mag stearate came from a vegetable source.
If there were alternatives (supps that did not have mag stearate) I would like to experiment and see if there is a difference, but i could not find any so far...

slowbutspeeding

Back to top Go down

Post  kijumn Sun May 31, 2009 3:19 pm

While most likely not related to magnesium stearate, etc. I've noticed I'm in my best health not when I consume vitamins every day but when I give my body a rest. I guess the million dollar question is how often to give your body a rest. I personally take krill oil often but any others I will give my body a rest.

Here is an interesting quote from Ted from bangkok on earthclinic.com on what I'm trying to say.

And keep in mind, what works for me probably won't work for you but it's something to keep in mind and maybe experiment for yourself.

"People who took iodine were found to have other problems after a couple of days and had to stop due to various side effects that other websites don' t even mentioned. So I had to find a way to resolved this problem. The solution lies in the body's natural cycles. This I have found to be something I was looking for for a very long time. I have noticed, regardless of what I do, either EDTA to chelate heavy metals, or chinese parsley to rid of heavy metals, or even taking zinc supplements, they all had a pattern. The pattern is the body needs to repair, but at the same time it needs to relax. This period I calculated to equal approximately 8 days/2 = 4 days period, based on my observation. That means you supplement for 4 days and stopped cold turkey for 4 days. In practice I would vary the period between 3 -4 days. If certain minerals are not serious, or you are deficient, the one week on and one week off would be sufficient. In cases of a child with an autistic condition where heavy metal burden of mercury or aluminum is at risk, then one week on and one week off would do., or in some cases one week on and two week off.

The body obviously need a rest period to detox and get rid of the trash."

http://www.earthclinic.com/CURES/hair_loss.html
kijumn
kijumn

Back to top Go down

Post  slowbutspeeding Sun May 31, 2009 7:01 pm

Thats interesting because recently i was thinking much of the same - that I should rest the supplement intake every weekend (2 days off 5 days on) to see if there is a difference. I chose the weekend to take off because I am not as a stressed and can get plenty of rest.

slowbutspeeding

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou Sun May 31, 2009 8:10 pm

CS
Would it be impossible to find usable liquid alternatives to the pills/capsules in your recommended regime?

Misirlou

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 31, 2009 8:44 pm

Misirlou - There are some cases where this is possible, but for the most part it would make it more expensive and less practical especially from a convenience standpoint.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down