Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyFri Apr 26, 2024 12:44 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use?

2 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? Empty Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use?

Post  AgapeBerry Sat May 10, 2014 2:01 pm

I'm curious if anyone has any knowledge or reasonable speculation about whether it would be possible to retain new hair growth that came about via Finasteride upon discontinuing its use. I'm aware of Fin studies that point out that the hair gain from Fin is lost in 6-12 months after cessation, but I doubt that those subjects did anything else to improve their health or otherwise combat their hair loss.

For instance, say detumescence proves effective for someone to at least halt their hair loss, would they be able to use Fin for a few months or however long it took them to grow an amount of hair to their liking while doing detumescence and continuing detumescence afterward and keep that new hair? Is there reason to believe that they would keep the hair that Fin was responsible for growing or are those hairs completely dependent on Fin or Minox or any method that supposedly makes hairs dependent on that method?

Also I'd like to thank the regular contributors around here. I've posted once before, mostly lurked, and have gained some valuable insights into not only hair loss, but health in general. Smile

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? Empty Re: Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use?

Post  AgapeBerry Tue Jun 03, 2014 1:34 pm

I have a doc appointment tomorrow and will probably request a Fin script at .15mg a dose. I plan on continuing my research and testing of alternate methods and as soon as any side effects become noticeable I'll abandon ship. I also don't intend to take this for more than a year max, regardless of whether or not I notice undesirable side effects.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use? Empty Re: Possible to retain growth from Finasteride/Minoxidil after discontinuing use?

Post  AgapeBerry Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:48 am

I ended up not choosing Fin, or any other doctor prescribed treatment. My doctor recommended Minox as I voiced concern over side effects, but I'm going to continue researching and trying alternate methods for now.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sat Jun 07, 2014 3:56 am

I have. My answer is yes. The message is basic in theory, tough in practice.

Look into reducing inflammation, oxidation, calcification and overall nutritional deficiencies. That's where the answer mostly lies, not just for hair growth but overall health and longevity.

Back to top Go down

Post  AgapeBerry Mon Jul 06, 2015 4:11 pm

So despite spending lots of money on supplements and staying relatively consistent with them for the past year and making attempts at living as healthy as reasonably possible, I haven't really noticed any difference in the amount of hairs I shed. For the past few months I've been on the top 6 (aside from krill oil and decalcify, although I have taken way more k2 than what's in decalcify for about a month) along with other supps widely discussed on here along with a variety of other techniques that I'll get around to posting later.

After looking through various forums for low-dose fin success, I've found a few encouraging stories, notably this one - https://www.baldtruthtalk.com/threads/9577-Finasteride-0.25-mg-twice-per-week.-Works-for-me.

The guy claims he started with .25mg twice weekly for 4 months and then upped it to .5mg twice weekly for another 4 months, after which he posted some great looking progress pics. I also found some threads where people started at 1mg a day, experienced sides, then dropped it down to .25 and slowly increased it over the months until they were at 1.25mg a day with no sides (presumably because their body was able to adapt to it, or perhaps the sides just came on gradually and they didn't notice, but who's to say).

All the fin side effect posts here and on other forums have made it seem unviable to me for a long time, but I figure that if I start and maybe stay low and slow, carefully monitoring myself for sides, and make progress, then I don't see why I, and others in a similar situation shouldn't give it a shot. I'm curious what some of the minimum effective doses are for fin that people here have either experienced themselves or heard from others, but I also realize that's difficult to gauge and isn't usually what people want to try if they're getting desperate and just want their hair back as fast as possible.

I know this forum isn't keen on pharmaceuticals, but a huge part of health is mental health and if someone can go low/slow without sides or even the recommended dose without sides then it's difficult for me to see that as being more harmful to their health than not taking it, at least with respect to the severity of the mental suffering that balding may or may not cause in them.

Something else to consider is that the majority of people who have tried fin and are posting on forums are likely doing so because they experienced sides and looking for alternate or additional options or what have you, so there is a strong sampling bias present. Now I'm not saying that I think the percentage of people who were reported to experience sides in fin studies are accurate either, I guess I'm just saying that I can't really know and that browsing through hair loss forums is going to give me a very skewed representation.

AgapeBerry

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down