Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» China is at it again
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyToday at 2:05 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyYesterday at 5:40 pm by el_llama

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyYesterday at 2:47 pm by shaftless

» pentadecanoic acid
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

» Medical Coder During C0NV!D
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptySat Apr 27, 2024 4:00 pm by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Acetyl-L-Carnitine EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Acetyl-L-Carnitine

5 posters

Go down

Acetyl-L-Carnitine Empty Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Post  Icanbeatthis Mon May 25, 2009 2:35 am

Hey quick question!

Can I take Acetyl-L-Carnitine by itself without taking Lipoic Acid at the same time? I have a bottle laying around and wanted to know if it's safe by itself.

Thanks!

Icanbeatthis

Back to top Go down

Acetyl-L-Carnitine Empty Re: Acetyl-L-Carnitine

Post  Swimmy Mon May 25, 2009 6:15 am

Yes. Theres nothing wrong that.

Swimmy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Mon May 25, 2009 6:33 am

Icanbeatthis - ALC can be taken alone, but it's benefits are much larger when used with Lipoic acid.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Tue May 26, 2009 1:15 am

Before I workout I will usually take ALC without the ALA simply because I don't want my blood sugar levels to drop too low while I am exercising.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Prague Tue May 26, 2009 7:42 pm

halfempty

this is what i do, carnitine before and ALA/creatine after workout - this combo has a huuge anabolic effect - then some l-glutamine and colostrum with a banana/protein shake or meal

i used to take too much supplements and feel it's a good idea to find those being usefull for hair and physical performance - i found out that most of them are

i know that IH wouldn't agree but i think l-glutamine is a great supplment - for HGH production, inflammation and oxidation, almost the same for colostrum

IH, i have a couple of questions for you if you dont' mind

why do you think inositol is useless?
what do you think about POTABA? it's used to treat SCLERODERMA there's an evidence it grows hair
would you agree that supplementation of potassium/magnesium (with optimal thyroid function) could cure hairloss?
what was your experience with damiana?
does THC lower T production? I've read the contradictory studies...
do you agree that a topical potassium could grow hair?
do you agree that western bodies are full of uselles calcium that might play a role in MPB?

thank you

i appreciate this is the only site that doesn't blame and fight DHT uniquely, i fully agree that it's role is more of a messenger than cause

Prague

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed May 27, 2009 5:51 am

Prague - I do agree that glutamine is useful, especially for HGH and digestion, inflammation. It's essential for any inflammatory bowel disease also.

Potaba is potassium salt of PABA (Para-aminobenzoate) and is essentially the same thing. As far as PABA that requires large doses, usually 8 to 12 grams. The last double-blind trial yielded no results, but there were some improvements in studies prior on both Scleroderma and Peyronie's Disease (Curvature of the penis caused by fibrosis).

In the case of the later, which effects more people than Scleroderma there is an excess interaction of platelets to collagen causing excess coagulation often followed by upregulation of TGF-beta1 which initiates eventual scaring. PABA or Potaba is believed to be antifibrotic.

In the case of Peyronies Disease and Dupuytren's contracture, using DMSO mixed with SSKI (super saturated potassium iodide) is an effective topical treatment for lessening the fibrosis and improve mobility of these areas.

In these diseases including Scleroderma it seems it is a problem of excessive platelet adhesion to collagen. This process causes not just increased coagulation but a build-up of fibrin and then excessive inflammatory molecules since high deposition of fibrin initiates an inflammatory stage which usually remains chronic. This condition also sets up a stage for inhibition of plasmin.

I think one possible internal answer to this is enteric coated Serrapeptase.

I think it's very possible that Magnesium and Potassium apart or together can help with hair loss.

Potassium can decrease excess aldosterone, which is implicated in hypertension with high androgens.

An environment that is low in Magnesium increases aging and generation of reactive oxygen species. It's also a way to manage elevated aldosterone levels.

I may have had a mild effect (libido wise) with Damiana but I didn't take it long enough. What are you thoughts about it so far?

Regarding THC, it's not sure. There is research that shows than exocannabinoids such as THC have a regulatory effect in hair cycles, but whether it is negative or not isn't clear. I also wonder how eating things with THC would effect it since it would stay in the system much longer.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down