Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Is traction alopeia reversible? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Is traction alopeia reversible?

5 posters

Go down

Is traction alopeia reversible? Empty Is traction alopeia reversible?

Post  MikeGore Fri Mar 21, 2014 1:15 pm

I would like to know if we ever lose our hair due to traction alopecia, is it easier to reverse than male pattern baldness? Or do we lose it once its gone?

MikeGore

Back to top Go down

Is traction alopeia reversible? Empty Re: Is traction alopeia reversible?

Post  missymoo Fri Mar 21, 2014 4:36 pm

I've seen girls say that say they've grown their edges back with castor oil but I'm assuming they caught it early; I don't know if someone like Naomi Campbell would have the same results.

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Jun 16, 2016 5:35 am

I believe it works, largely, by exhausting the store of progenitor cells within the bulge. Each hair has a growth cycle between 2 - 7 years, and each time one is uprooted, another one is replaced. But each time this happens progenitor cells are degraded within the bulge, until no more are left. Androgens sure seem to play a role in preventing the renewal of these progenitors, but estrogen seems to have the opposite effect and promote more of them to the hair bulge. For instance, my sister suffered TA on both sides of hair head because she always wore tight fitting hair extensions... the hair is starting to regrow but it has taken a couple of years to do so. When this happens to a guy, the damage seems to be irreversible due to the lack of bone marrow derived PC's.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Jun 16, 2016 10:19 am

P.S. Another theory is, krt-15 stem cells fail to mature into cd34+ / 200 progenitors. Even bald follicles retain a healthy number of these stem cells, but JAK STAT signaling / cytokines are believed to prevent them maturing into the aforementioned progenitors, and this apparently happens even more so with age. Continuous episodes of inflammation are believed to be linked with premature aging, and as I reported from my own observations, when I excessively combed my hair in my teen years, this led to inflammatory issues and accelerated loss more than anything else.

Edited: I've got little doubt this actor's follicles aged prematurely from excessive combing. This is how my loss started out - on the temple I combed most, not to mention gaining more forehead from combing my hair into a quiff (like the guy in the pic).

Is traction alopeia reversible? Jack-Ryder-334873

Most recent (bottom right)

Is traction alopeia reversible? 111068
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  long hair Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:23 pm

what??? the last 2 pics for the same person Shocked  ...i think he lost his  hair fast ..even his face  is aged fast...man mpb is evil we must fight with any mean necessary .
long hair
long hair

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Thu Jun 16, 2016 8:38 pm

long hair wrote:what??? the last 2 pics for the same person Shocked  ...i think he lost his  hair fast ..even his face  is aged fast...man  mpb is evil we must fight with any mean necessary .

Yup, same guy in all pics. I don't know if his face looks older due to losing hair or if that's the DHT effect. Many people on fin report a more youthful, boyish skin complexion when DHT levels drop, so maybe DHT makes us look old before our time.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SteamNecromancer Mon Jun 20, 2016 5:34 pm

loss hair is a big thing for my to solve it. hair is our face, i can't lose it.

SteamNecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Xenon Tue Jun 21, 2016 10:27 am

SteamNecromancer wrote:loss hair is a big thing for my to solve it. hair is our face, i can't lose it.

I know what you mean. I sometimes use mascara to thicken my hairline and it looks amazing. Everyone was like, 'You look so much younger but I don't know why'. Well, I did know why: the appearance of a fuller hairline. I can't speak for everyone, but for myself, my moth eaten hairline makes me look so much older, despite having a wrinkle free face at 37. I would be more accepting of baldness in my late 40's or early 50's, but I still look relatively young, and 100x better with a fuller hairline. If I can restore it and keep it for another decade, then I'll be far happier... reclaim some of the youth robbed by baldness.
Xenon
Xenon

Back to top Go down

Post  SteamNecromancer Tue Jun 21, 2016 5:34 pm

i think both are the reason of hair loss.

SteamNecromancer

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down