Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyToday at 8:05 am by CausticSymmetry

» zombie cells
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Better results from Magnesium oxide form... EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Better results from Magnesium oxide form...

5 posters

Go down

Better results from Magnesium oxide form... Empty Better results from Magnesium oxide form...

Post  NYJets Fri Mar 21, 2014 6:02 am

I don't get it, really. I've used all the "preferred" forms in the past and had ran out. I had an old new bottle of magnesium oxide hanging out so I started taking them with my metal detox regimen and am feeling more relaxed and better sleep. Now I'm using them before bed and still am feeling the results. Is this placebo or?

I'm ordering the other types again now and will compare and contrast.

PS Taking 1,000 MG
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Better results from Magnesium oxide form... Empty Re: Better results from Magnesium oxide form...

Post  Zaphod Fri Mar 21, 2014 7:49 am

Magnesium oxide is cheap and in my case also a good form of Mg. Even MgCl2 is useful.

Zaphod

Back to top Go down

Better results from Magnesium oxide form... Empty Re: Better results from Magnesium oxide form...

Post  bobthebuilder Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:40 am

NYJets wrote:I don't get it, really. I've used all the "preferred" forms in the past and had ran out. I had an old new bottle of magnesium oxide hanging out so I started taking them with my metal detox regimen and am feeling more relaxed and better sleep. Now I'm using them before bed and still am feeling the results. Is this placebo or?

I'm ordering the other types again now and will compare and contrast.

PS Taking 1,000 MG

What forms were you taking before?
bobthebuilder
bobthebuilder

Back to top Go down

Post  NYJets Fri Mar 21, 2014 10:56 am

I've tried all of them, really.

The only reason I had an used bottle lying around is because I didn't think it'd be effective.

I've tried:

MgCl  

Now Magnesium Citrate

Nieper's Mg Orotate

http://www.swansonvitamins.com/source-naturals-ultra-mag-120-tabs?SourceCode=INTL405&CAWELAID=613708957&mkwid=W6QTJHgu&pcrid=49285702927&gclid=CK2Qk4unor0CFdBcMgodmHsAyw

I've tried Mg Threonate as well but had gut issues at the time and was going through a stressful period so I couldn't really evaluate.

I guess my point is, for all the hate Mg Oxide gets, it seems undeserved. It's Ok for it to be in my arsenal, by any means. MgCl and Oxide are two dirt cheap ways to get this critical mineral.

I'd like to revisit Threonate in the near future but really need to get some last details on my cornerstone regimen dialed in before I move on.
NYJets
NYJets

Back to top Go down

Post  YAER Fri Mar 21, 2014 11:25 am

Did it occur to you that maybe you are overdoing magnesium and by changing to an inferior form you are absorbing less and thus feeling better...maybe?

Try to stop for a few days if thats the case maybe you will be sure you have hypermagnesemia...

YAER

Back to top Go down

Post  crincrin Wed Mar 26, 2014 2:58 pm

The body excretes excess serum magnesium very quickly, so you're unlikely to become hypermagnesemic from taking oral magnesium.

However, if you do a search, there are a number of reports on the internet of magnesium causing paradoxical insomnia in some people. Very high doses of magnesium given IV can cause hypocalcemia. For a long time I could only take magnesium in the morning or I'd be up all night, but I started taking a similar amount of calcium (600mg each throughout the day) and I've had no problems.

It's possible the magnesium was worsening your sleep, and now you're simply not absorbing it.

crincrin

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down