Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyFri May 17, 2024 7:01 am by Atlas

» zombie cells
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms.

4 posters

Go down

Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. Empty Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms.

Post  hapyman Sun May 24, 2009 2:41 am

Hey guys I am looking for a little advice and direction.

My girlfriend had gotten off of birth control a few months ago. Since then she has had a very irregular menstrual cycle... sometimes going as long as 7 weeks (instead of 28 days). Also her hair is starting to fall out more frequently, has more pimples, is moody and seems to have a lowered libido (just my take Very Happy).

I've been checking around and it seems in some women it can take quite some time to normalize their menstruations after getting off the pill. I mentioned to her this morning that DIM may help to regulate her estrogen metabolism, which might help her to normalize her hormones quicker. I was also thinking about maybe trying to get her to take some PM but she was totally put off on the possible increase in bust size since she is already naturally endowed.

Any advice? Do you think that DIM alone will help to balance her estrogen levels? Maybe some Iodine?

Thanks.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. Empty Re: Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms.

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun May 24, 2009 5:26 am

hapyman - Yes, lots of Lugol's iodine (perhaps start her out at 50 mg per day). DIM is great.

This one here is good, because it is bio-DIM which works better than standard DIM.

http://www.iherb.com/Nature-s-Way-DIM-Plus-Estrogen-Metabolism-Formula-120-Capsules/4117?at=0

DIM not only improves estrogen metabolism, but it may raise the libido also.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. Empty Re: Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms.

Post  hapyman Sun May 24, 2009 6:17 am

Thanks. Now I just have to convince her to try it. She thinks a lot of the stuff I take is ridiculous and it is just because she doesn't know. She'll roll her eyes sometimes when I try to explain it Very Happy
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  sublime9 Tue Jun 02, 2009 11:12 am

She might want to get her ferritin levels checked out. IH could probably speak to it better than I can, but from what I have read low iron levels can cause both irregular cycles and hair loss in women.

sublime9

Back to top Go down

Irregular Menstrual Cycle and other symptoms. Empty Menstual Cramping / Pain

Post  scottyc33 Tue Sep 22, 2009 11:05 pm

My gf is going through some serious menstrual cramping and pain - anyone know of some good treatments other than the standard OTC pain relievers?

She is taking birth control, but it's one of those pills where she stops taking it for a week.

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  hapyman Wed Sep 23, 2009 1:36 am

Check out IH's daily topic he covered some possible things to try. Krill Oil is one of them. Perhaps get her started on 1000mg krill oil per day and see how it goes.
hapyman
hapyman

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Sep 23, 2009 7:43 am

scottyc33 - For cramping, the best thing for this is a hot compress. You can find these at any drug store.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down