Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyYesterday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise

+35
Columbo
taidan
Zaphod
ronwagn
jimmyw
Lw
tooyoung
Espio
virtua_
Yanks
imprisoned-radical
FATE
pancacke
whodathunkit
hapyman
diffuse
Smurfy
Irenicus
gravyboat
elan164
Misirlou
abc123
brandnew
Mastery
9rugrats5
cassanova
sneha123
lukso
redhead
Whip
ubraj
GreenPower
scottyc33
teacup
39 posters

Page 1 of 5 1, 2, 3, 4, 5  Next

Go down

Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Empty Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise

Post  teacup Thu Dec 02, 2010 1:53 pm

When we sit on the grass, walk barefoot on the beach, or swim in the ocean, we all feel great. According to the "grounding" theory it is because we become grounded to the earth, the planet, as were our ancestors.

Watch this 9 min clip, where David wolfe talks about "grounding" and how it fights inflammation, skin conditions, free radicals, and much more.. He does not address "hair loss" but everything he mentions is related to hair loss and it seems grounding helps according to him. In this clip they talk about deficiency in charges, tumors, inflammation, ovarian cysts, show skin conductivity changes, images of blood sample changes, sarcadian rythm.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=s_R7T7_gACU

This book got many good reviews on amazon: Earthing: The Most Important Health Discovery Ever?
http://www.amazon.com/dp/1591202833?tag=wholblog-20

It's cold where I live so I cant walk barefoot on the ground (being barefoot indoors unless on a concrete basement floor is insulated) , I will dig a copper pipe into the ground and attach a wire to it and use it to "ground myself" as I sleep. People that grounded themselves reported much better sleep, elimination of pain, etc..

I see this as a paleo-type habit to nourish.
It's worth watching all 5 clips on youtube.
Has anyone experienced grounding?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Empty Re: Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise

Post  scottyc33 Thu Dec 02, 2010 3:18 pm

how will you gorund yourself when you sleep? will you buy a grounding pad?

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Empty Re: Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise

Post  teacup Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:07 am

No. I think I could do this cheaply. I like the idea of the carbonized rubber mats and am looking at making my own conducting mat somehow (without exposing my skin to extended contact with heavy metals like copper, etc).

For now, I'm planning on just running a long wire from the copper plumbing in the house or some copper tube (or any metallic object) in the ground outside, then strip the insulation of the wire, use that exposed wire to wrap into a spiral or any flat arrangement and tuck it in my socks that i could wear when sleeping, alternatively i may just wrap it around my ankle. Unfortunately this method wont work where I work.

Alternatively, you could mimic the pads and plug into the wall socket, they plug into the ground only and that's how the products they sell achieve grounding. I dont like the idea of grounding through the wall socket, I have a gut feeling it is not safe (what if something shorts out in the house, what if your house electrical system is not grounded, what if there is some unknown effect of the proximity of the grounding wires to hot wires in the wall)

Also Note: if there is lightning outdoors you should not be grounding yourself until the lightning has stopped or you risk getting struck by lightning (which is probably not as bad as it sounds at first, but not something I'm willing to try).

More info on grounding:

1. Pilot Study on the Effect of Grounding on Delayed-Onset Muscle Soreness http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_delayed_muscle_2010.pdf

2. Changes in Pulse Rate, Respiratory Rate, Blood Oxygenation, Perfusion Index, Skin Conductance, and Their Variability Induced During and After Grounding Human Subjects for 40 Minutes http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_pulse_rate.pdf

3. The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 2 http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_human_physiology_2007_pt2.pdf

4. The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology, Part 1 http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_human_physiology_2006_pt1.pdf

5. The Effectiveness of a Conductive Patch and a Conductive Bed Pad in Reducing Induced Human Body Voltage Via the Application of Earth Ground http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_body_voltage_2005.pdf

6. The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/cortisol_study_2004.pdf

7. Medical Thermography Case Studies http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/thermographic_histories_2004.pdf

8. Grounding the Human Body to Earth Reduces Chronic Inflammation and Related Chronic Pain http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/earthing_chronic_inflammation_2003.pdf

9. Grounding The Human Body to Neutralize Bioelectrical Stress From Static Electricity and EMFs http://earthinginstitute.net/studies/grounding_body_2000.pdf
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  GreenPower Fri Dec 03, 2010 5:23 am

I was taught that through the clouds (higher up) have my electric potential and can give off more electricity. The earth is a grounder and so it takes all the electricity that is why lightning is formed. Wolfe says the higher we are the less electrons we receive so we are less charged. I'm having a hard time to wrap my head around this since never in my years of schooling have I been taught that the earths surface will give off electricity. Is earth positivity charged or negatively charged?

I found this http://www.earthinginstitute.net/commentaries/gaetan_electrical_surface.pdf

And I'm having a hard time to believe believing that the further up we are the less voltage potential. Does that not go against thunderstorms?? lol or am I just missing something here.

GreenPower

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Dec 03, 2010 6:36 am

GreenPower wrote:I was taught that through the clouds (higher up) have my electric potential and can give off more electricity. The earth is a grounder and so it takes all the electricity that is why lightning is formed. Wolfe says the higher we are the less electrons we receive so we are less charged. I'm having a hard time to wrap my head around this since never in my years of schooling have I been taught that the earths surface will give off electricity. Is earth positivity charged or negatively charged?

I found this http://www.earthinginstitute.net/commentaries/gaetan_electrical_surface.pdf

And I'm having a hard time to believe believing that the further up we are the less voltage potential. Does that not go against thunderstorms?? lol or am I just missing something here.

your potential may increase, but that is not what earthing is about. I guess earthing argues against having a potential, we are meant to be grounded since we are meant to walk on earth not be within the clouds where we could build a potential.

I believe the earth is an electron donor, lightning comes from the earth up to the clouds. Similar to a Tesla coil, the lightning comes from the ground/air to the coil, not out of the coil.

I believe the earth is negatively charged. If the earth is negatively charged then it gives up electrons, electrons flow from the - to the + poles. The clouds would be + then.

I think that we don't know enough about electricity. Bedini and Bearden for instance have a very interesting theory on poles and voltage and they have a monopole generator that creates cold electricity i.e. radian energy that Tesla spoke of. To learn more about this to go Google videos and type "energy from the vacuum" and find the series of documentaries featuring Bedini and Bearden.

Wolfe also talks of other energies, besides electrical that the planet has, and some sort of rhythm that we need to be tuned in to otherwise the body becomes out of rythm like a clock that falls behind and need to re-sync with some atomic clock we need to re-sync with the planet's rhythm and all sort of energies.

Far fetched? I think not.

Quotes on the negative charge of the earth:
The solid Earth has a negative charge of about a half million coulombs. The atmosphere has a roughly equal and opposite charge, so that the Earth as a whole is roughly neutral. The charge difference produces a "fair weather electric field" in the lower atmosphere averaging about 6 volts per meter -- however, this field varies strongly with altitude, and is nearly 100 volts per meter at ground level. The total voltage difference between the ground charge and the atmosphere's charge (which exists roughly 30-50 km up) is about 300,000 volts. A simple calculation shows that the total energy stored in the fair weather electric field is 150 billion joules.
http://www.madsci.org/posts/archives/2000-10/972662284.Es.r.html

The Earth is negatively charged, carrying 500,000 Coulombs (C) of electric charge (500 kC), and is at 300,000 volts (V), 300 kV,[1][2] relative to the positively charged ionosphere. There is a constant flow of electricity, at around 1350 amperes (A), and resistance of the Earth's atmosphere is around 220 Ohms.[3] This gives a power output of around 400 megawatts (MW), which is ultimately regenerated by the power of the Sun that affects the ionosphere, as well as the troposphere, causing thunderstorms. The electrical energy stored in the Earth's atmosphere is around 150 gigajoules (GJ).

The Earth-ionosphere system acts as a giant capacitor, of capacity 1.8 Farads.

The Earth's surface carries around -1 nC of electric charge per square meter.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Natural_electric_field_of_the_Earth
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Fri Dec 03, 2010 12:13 pm

I recently bought one http://www.shop.earthing.net/Recovery-Bag-Sleep-System-RRBSS.htm

Haven't used enough but can say it helps with pain. Another person I know said his wife sleeps better with the mat.

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:15 pm

Negative ions/grounding/earthing is the only thing to have stopped my shedding in its tracks. It also prevents the toxifying effects of iodine. My hair has been slowly growing thicker and looking fantastic over the past year. I also have more energy, a faster metabolism, the desire to eat less, significantly longer stronger workouts, better sex, more acute and improved memory. I'm also calmer and sleep much better etc.

Just beware, as there are charlatans out there selling overpriced products, some that don't work as advertised. Although you can assemble a lot of this on the cheap yourself. The investment doesn't have to be that great. I'll write in greater detail in a few days, when there's a chance

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:20 pm

jdp701 wrote:I recently bought one http://www.shop.earthing.net/Recovery-Bag-Sleep-System-RRBSS.htm

Haven't used enough but can say it helps with pain. Another person I know said his wife sleeps better with the mat.

Glad to hear that. I setup my own grounding system today, hooked up a 50ft 14guage wire to the water main and all the way to the living room, finally it is clipped to an aluminum (or stainless steel, not sure) plate that I could place the floor and put my legs on. i'm grounded as I write this. My pet cat wasn't thrilled when she got close to me to be pet and got shocked (cos I was grounded and she wasnt) .. I know it's working! The cable is not long enough to reach the bed, tomorrow I'll extend it to the bed and ground one leg as I sleep.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:22 pm

4039 - Glad to hear from you. I look forward to reading more.

You just verified my theory/hypothesis! thanks!

What earthing products do you use?
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Dec 03, 2010 1:44 pm

Except for the possibility of stray and dirty EMF, you could just as easily place a wire (costing pennies) to the ground of any outlet. My ion detector demonstrated for me a steady trickle of negative ions. Simply touch that wire and you are now grounded. The most beneficial effects are a drop in cortisol and less sludgy blood (better able to carry oxygen and nutrients to your vital organs.) Interestingly, placing the detector near my old tube television gives off a fair amount of positive ions.

Some interesting reading for you. http://spacedoc.net/Earthing_The_Most_Important_Health_Discovery_Ever_1

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Dec 04, 2010 12:32 am

As I mentioned in a previous post the earth is negatively charged...
Electricity flows from - to +

on clouds, there are different views.. but I have seen documentaries that used high speed photography showing that lightning comes out of the ground up to the cloud.. others say that a "charge" comes out from the ground and one out of the clouds and they meet in midair then lightning happens. I also have heard, probably taught, like you, that clouds are full of static electricity and it discharges towards the ground but this doesnt explain why something (bluish mist) comes OUT of the ground up towards the cloud BEFORE lightning happens. It is likely that with clouds we have more than just "electrons" at play.. Radiant energy or Orgone energy (the blue mist) that happens before lightning is totally a mystery to main stream scientists IMHO.

What they teach you in schools is not always correct and often is missing facts (incomplete). My family doctor who is an MD thinks there is no solution to MPB, thinks vaccines are safe, wants to reduce my stomach acid to deal with heartburn... My dentist ruined a perfectly good tooth and did a root canal when it wasnt needed.. all these opinions and decisions were based on their schooling, which simply is "wrong".

i dont care how lightning happens , as far as grounding is concerned refer to the wikipedia quote I posted earlier. Earth is negative, it's the ground.

Any meteorologists here? if so please enlighten us. and if I am wrong someone please correct me.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sun Dec 05, 2010 2:42 pm

More on where the electrons come from:

The earth as a source of electrons
It is well established, though not widely appreciated,
that the surface of the earth possesses a
limitless and continuously renewed supply of free
or mobile electrons. The earth’s surface is electrically
conductive and is maintained at a negative
potential by an atmospheric electrical circuit
(Williams and Heckman, 1993; Anisimov et al.,
1999).
There are three main components to the global
electric circuit: the solar wind entering the
magnetosphere, the ionospheric wind and meteorological
activities (Volland, 1984; Williams and
Heckman, 1993). An estimated 1000–2000 thunderstorms
are continually active around the globe,
creating a constant current of thousands of
amperes transferring positive charge to the upper
atmosphere and negative charge to the surface of
the earth. The earth’s molten core may also
liberate free electrons because it is composed of
iron and nickel at high pressure and temperature,
conditions known to produce free electrons. Because
of the conductivity of the surface layers,
these phenomena make the entire earth’s surface
an abundant source of free electrons (Geophysics
Study Committee, 1986). While electrons are
plentiful at the surface of the earth, the atmosphere
is a relatively poor conductor; it is an
insulator. Hence there is very little electron
transfer from the ionosphere to the earth’s surface
except by lightening, and there is little charge
transfer from the earth’s surface to the human
body except by direct conductive skin contact or by
systems that connect the body with the earth.
From: Perspective: Assume a spherical cow: The role of free or mobile electrons in bodywork, energetic and movement therapies - James L. Oschman, PhD
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Tue Dec 07, 2010 2:51 am

I'm happy to say I'm sleeping while grounding, I'm sleeping very deeply now. It may be grounding, it may be placebo effect , either way I am sleeping better !
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Thu Dec 09, 2010 9:46 pm

teacup wrote:I'm happy to say I'm sleeping while grounding, I'm sleeping very deeply now. It may be grounding, it may be placebo effect , either way I am sleeping better !

It's not a placebo effect. Your pineal gland will begin to decalcify, allowing it to produce more melatonin, meaning dreams that are more lucid. The body and blood will experience serious biological and chemical changes when grounded. All of this has been tested in Dr. Steven Sinatra's practice. Dr. Sinatra and his long list of credentials are hard to discredit, even by the most eager pharma rep.

Plenty of research papers exist on grounding, including Chevalier's "The Effect Of Earthing On Human Physiology" of which EEG patterns changed immediately upon grounding.

The Biologic Effects of Grounding the Human Body During Sleep as Measured by Cortisol Levels and Subjective Reporting of Sleep, Pain, and Stress
http://www.liebertonline.com/doi/abs/10.1089/acm.2004.10.767

Obviously, caution is recommended if you are on any blood thinner medication or rat poison. Twisted Evil Sad Laughing
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Earthing_3_398

Inflammation is also significantly reduced.
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Earthing_2_483
Add grounding / earthing to your regimen / exercise Earthing_1_489

Anyway, teacup, still very busy, probably will free up some time in the New Year. I do want to give you a quick head start though.

It's not just the ground that is important as much as the charge. Negative ions are beneficial as electron donors, while positive ions are harmful as electron robbers. It's the difference between inorganic and organic, between death and life itself. Think of how lonely the sun would be without any planets orbiting it.

What most don't realize is that static electricity is an abundance of either negative ions exclusively or positive ions. Grounding yourself produces small-scale negative ions and a slow beneficial effect, using a high-powered negative ionizer produces massive amounts of ions and immediate effects.

By grouding yourself and using a negative ion generator at the same time, you introduce beneficial negative ions to the cells faster and allow any harmful free radical generating positive ions to easily escape back to the earth. Giving a negative ionic charge also limits the toxifiying effects of iodine, better than any element including selenium and gold.

For grounding your bed, you need a cheap copper grounding rod of around 4 feet. The wetter the ground the more ions are conducted, I've tested this. You also need several feet of thickish gauge copper wire, and a fuse to place in line with the wire. You don't want to earth yourself to an outlet due to dirty EMF.

The Ultimate Earthing System is way too expensive (rip-off):
http://earthingyou.com/

The least expensive place for grounding materials can be found here:
EMF Safety SuperStore
http://www.lessemf.com/

Cheapest grounding cloth they sell is EX-STATIC.
http://www.lessemf.com/fabric.html#1209

Highest quality, most powerful stand-alone negative ionizer, with the least amount of ozone produced here:
(produces a fairly powerful breeze)
Negative Ion Projector Model NIP-6E $69
http://www.mysticmarvels.com/ionprojector1.html

Highest quality, most powerful portable negative ionizer, with the least amount of ozone produced here:
(produces a fair amount of negative ions every few seconds, last 20 days on the same battery)
AirTamer A-300 Travel Personal Air Purifier $25
http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B001CGAOK2/ref=oss_product

The intense conductivity of silver helps to increase the effect of negative ions, I like this stuff:
OptiSilver Silver 100
http://www.silver100.com/

One caveat, just do not sleep with the negative ion projector enabled, as it produces negative ions at a fairly high frequency of around 60Hz, which will keep you awake; I know this from experience. Smile By all means sleep grounded all the time. First thing I ever used that stopped shedding DEAD in its tracks... going from 40-60 hairs daily in the shower and 30 on the pillow, to 5 and one respectively.

I'll check back ASAP. Take care.

Back to top Go down

Post  Whip Fri Dec 10, 2010 7:16 am

4039 wrote:
For grounding your bed, you need a cheap copper grounding rod of around 4 feet. The wetter the ground the more ions are conducted, I've tested this. You also need several feet of thickish gauge copper wire, and a fuse to place in line with the wire. You don't want to earth yourself to an outlet due to dirty EMF.

One caveat, just do not sleep with the negative ion projector enabled, as it produces negative ions at a fairly high frequency of around 60Hz, which will keep you awake; I know this from experience. Smile By all means sleep grounded all the time. First thing I ever used that stopped shedding DEAD in its tracks... going from 40-60 hairs daily in the shower and 30 on the pillow, to 5 and one respectively.

Cool, thanks 4039. Want to try this. Do you use the fabric or have a wire around your ankle, etc.? Thanks.

Whip

Back to top Go down

Post  redhead Fri Dec 10, 2010 8:02 am

4039 wrote:

how do u use fuse?please explain in detail as i am very bad in all these...can i directly connect with the water supply pipe?

redhead

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Dec 10, 2010 5:41 pm

Read my sources and look around The EMF Superstore. They sell all the things you need for grounding/earthing. I grounded my pillowcase with silver cloth. You can ground your entire bedsheet with much cheaper carbon fiber sheets for around $50. Even cheaper, you can also ground your mousepad, or simply sit on the wire while at your computer. Laughing

Source for grounding cords, .10 Amp fuses, alligator clips and clamps, snap/ring terminal connectors, ground connectors and ground stake kits, wrist straps, fabric tape etc.
http://www.lessemf.com/ground.html

Again, you want yourself to be grounded away from your household current to avoid harmful excess and stray EMF. They also sell fuses there, for the rare case of a lightning strikes travelling back to the source. Shocked

I grounded my grandmother's bedsheets for her birthday. Her intraocular pressure dropped by 4-6 mmHg to where she no longer needs eyedrops. Her blood pressure dropped too and her hair thickened at the hairline, and plenty more positive changes. She now has more endurance, and is able to walk much longer distances. I love my grandma. Smile

Back to top Go down

Post  lukso Fri Dec 10, 2010 6:54 pm

4039 - Is there any solution to ground when you live in apartment far from the ground?

lukso

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Fri Dec 10, 2010 9:42 pm

lukso wrote:4039 - Is there any solution to ground when you live in apartment far from the ground?

Here I am with very little sleep at 5:30AM EST. Must be the economy.

You have a few options…

1. Ground yourself to your house’s ground, and take your chances
2. Ground yourself to your house's ground, except place a power conditioner on your line, or perhaps some orgonite might work.
3. Get the portable ion generator and either place your feet on the sand/dirt or buy the Heel Ground from LessEMF.com, which basically turns any rubber sole into a grounding device.
4. Buy the stand alone ion generator and place it on your desk during the day.
5. Buy Don Croft’s Terminator II Zapper.

Just a little more information on the ion generator.... it needs to be operated in a moderately humid environment. Too little humidity and the anions don’t travel and disperse properly. Too much humidity and the ion generator could potentially create ozone. The ions themselves are absorbed primarily through the nose… so make sure you’re not a mouth breather.

Back to top Go down

Post  teacup Sat Dec 11, 2010 1:37 am

4039 - Thanks.

I'm researching negative ions. One point I want to know is when I have static on my skin (because of walking on carpets or covering myself with a bed sheet full of static especially in winter then get shocked when i touch another person or the car) is that charge in my body/on the kin negative ions or positive ions?

My grounding wire doesn't have a fuse.. I should install one before the summer (thunderstorm season) but for now I like the idea of one straight wire to earth with no interruptions.
teacup
teacup

Back to top Go down

Post  ubraj Sat Dec 11, 2010 2:19 pm

4039 wrote:
Again, you want yourself to be grounded away from your household current to avoid harmful excess and stray EMF.

FWIW, here is an interesting test with a multimeter as shown on second video at 5:55

http://www.spirochicks.com/2010/11/earthing-overlooked-electroceutical.html

hope this helps

ubraj

Back to top Go down

Post  4039 Sun Dec 12, 2010 9:42 pm

jdp701 wrote:
4039 wrote:
Again, you want yourself to be grounded away from your household current to avoid harmful excess and stray EMF.

FWIW, here is an interesting test with a multimeter as shown on second video at 5:55

http://www.spirochicks.com/2010/11/earthing-overlooked-electroceutical.html

hope this helps

Thanks for the video. Smart and beautiful woman. Though her plight with lyme disease made me think of Plum Island off the Long Island coast.