Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Irritability, sadness, procrastination

Go down

Irritability, sadness, procrastination Empty Irritability, sadness, procrastination

Post  Malik on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:30 am

Hi guys -

I've been taking natural Prostate supplements for hair loss for about 3 years. That was my main supplement to fight hair loss (along with zinc). And I have to say that it has slowed down my hair loss compared to finasteride. Every time I'm running out of this supp, and stay without for let's say 3 or 4 weeks, it seems that I'm losing more hair (not sure actually). And every time I'm back on it, after a few weeks, my hair feels better again. Well, the other I'm noticing is that now that I'm back on it I have been feeling irritable, a bit sad and overwhelmed by a lack of interest/motivation (for anything). I'm really wondering if it's related to my prostate supp (or other supp?)The formula I'm taking contains : 5-LOXINŽ boswellia extract/Nettle root extract/Saw palmetto extract/Pygeum/Beta-sitosterol/Cernitin/Boron/Lycopene.

I need to mention that I'm also taking (started 3 months ago) IH's Top 6 + sensoril + green tea + magnesium + BioDim + Maca + Multi-vitamins.
Do you think I should stop this Natural Prostate supp? Could it be responsible of the feelings I'm experiencing right now? Apart from the negative side effects, and regarding hair loss, I know that IH is not a fan of this stuff anymore but I don't know why. Help/advice/info would be very much appreciated. Thanks guys.

Malik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Irritability, sadness, procrastination Empty Re: Irritability, sadness, procrastination

Post  Malik on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:36 am

Thanks IH for your answer on the other website.
Do you think I may experiment shedding if I discontinue that prostate supplement?

Malik

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Irritability, sadness, procrastination Empty Re: Irritability, sadness, procrastination

Post  CausticSymmetry on Fri Jul 11, 2008 7:45 am

Malik - Regarding potential loss after removing the prostate formula, I wouldn't count on it.

Quote from my previous response: "Beta-Sitosterol and some of the others can suppress DHT too much.
When you do this, depression can result, because it is suppressing progesterone's anti-anxiety anti-depressant effects.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:44 am

Topical Beta-Sis on the other hand may be something to consider ala Minomuck and Super Zix. Why put your body through the ringer if you can localize it to the scalp I figure? In my formulation, however, I'm not messing with SP or Beta-Sis. There is the possibility of bloodstream draggage.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC on Fri Jul 11, 2008 8:51 am

nidhogge wrote:Topical Beta-Sis on the other hand may be something to consider ala Minomuck and Super Zix. Why put your body through the ringer if you can localize it to the scalp I figure? In my formulation, however, I'm not messing with SP or Beta-Sis. There is the possibility of bloodstream draggage.

In other words, a possibility of getting some beta-sis or SP into the bloodstream even when using it topically? That would not be good.

EIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:43 am

If you're using a good carrier such as DMI, the possibility is there. I'd prefer to have a formulation that, if something *IS* dragged to your bloodstream, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just about all the ingredients in there can be consumed orally for other benefits as well, or with no effect at all. That said, I do not personally think Beta-Sis or SP would get dragged into the bloodstream in amounts that would really make a difference...but this is rather just for my own personal peace of mind. My aim is to develop a formulation that is completely side-effect free while having a high potency.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  EIC on Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:44 am

nidhogge wrote:If you're using a good carrier such as DMI, the possibility is there. I'd prefer to have a formulation that, if something *IS* dragged to your bloodstream, it wouldn't be a big deal. Just about all the ingredients in there can be consumed orally for other benefits as well, or with no effect at all. That said, I do not personally think Beta-Sis or SP would get dragged into the bloodstream in amounts that would really make a difference...but this is rather just for my own personal peace of mind. My aim is to develop a formulation that is completely side-effect free while having a high potency.

Agreed.

EIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:28 pm

This might come as a shock for some of you but..genetic hair loss, IMHO, cannot be effectively halted (and without sides) through topical agents, at least not generally speaking.

Hold on!

Okey, I'm ready. Hit me! elephant

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Sun Jul 13, 2008 9:32 pm

I've had the same experience, I don't believe that topicals alone can not do it. But I have no solid proof of that.

One good example which maybe difficult to argue against is cortisol and other related stress hormones. Topicals cannot combat that force, at least not at the time of this writing.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Jul 14, 2008 5:38 am

Topicals largely are to remove DHT out of the scalp, or provide other beneficial nutrients that aren't very orally bioavailable that can greatly benefit your hair. It's one step in the total process IMO.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Mon Jul 14, 2008 7:39 am

nidhogge wrote:Topicals largely are to remove DHT out of the scalp, or provide other beneficial nutrients that aren't very orally bioavailable that can greatly benefit your hair. It's one step in the total process IMO.

Name one topical agent who does this job effectively, safe and repeatedly, please.

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:57 pm

Misirlou--

Since I sensed a condescending tone in your post, don't be offended by my reply.

Use Google, and do your research.

Tons of studies and patents out there, not to mention anecdotal accounts. I, personally, use Elsom's nanosomal formulation at night that has helped greatly in improving the quality of my hair. It consists of:

Turmeric (anti-DHT), Resveratrol (Italian study boasted good hair results when used in conjunction with Turmeric/Curcumin), Sophora (anti-DHT), Adenosine (terminalizes hairs), tea tree oil (anti-mite, anti-bacterial), KGF (no idea if this works or not, but expensive..), and one other that I forgot off the top of my head. I lose very little hair. Lasers, of course, contribute to this but I have been using the topical for double the tiem of the laser, and have had the results of little hair loss for quite a while now.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:04 pm

nidhogge,

I apologize if my tone was a bit sharp.

I've should have been a bit clearer, I meant OTC-products, or at least mass-produced topicals.

I'm rather skeptical about just googling the info. So much junk is written and so many undercover salesmen
tries to convince the audience about their superb product.

I have a hard time understanding why, if custom products like the one you are using is that great, why aren't these products topsellers online?
I mean, it is not that hard to get such product into production if one has the capital to invest.

I don't say that you're making your results up or that do you don't see results. But, it could also be the laser? Have you've seen any re-growth?
I would have plenty of ingredients on my wishlist, what does elsom charge for the mixing/nanosomes?

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge on Tue Jul 15, 2008 1:35 am

Misirlou--

It's ok man.

See, here's the rub in your post. You mention how if you Google something, there are so many sales ads and pitches, marketing, etc. -- those are the BS ones. When I say Google, I mean study patents and scientific journals. Ie. - the topical that I'm formulating I can provide science for every single ingredient just about that links it to hair growth promotion.

Elsom is the only company in the world that offers custom liposomal topicals. They have premade topicals of their own for the face and what-not, but it is also incredibly expensive. Just the nanosomal base is $85 bucks, and then you pay by the ingredient (up to 7 ingredients) and, of course, S&H. Nothing will be popular that isn't cheap, and if you look at how crappy Elsom's site is, you'd realize they suck at marketing too. Again though, I believe the bulk of their revenue comes from bulk liposomal orders from companies that don't want to invest the capital to hire their own liposomal formulators. Not to mention, Dr. Yechiel is one of the most prominent leaders in nanosomal/liposomal technology (he heads up Elsom)--so he pretty much offers the best penetrating nanosomal solutions out there. As far as I know, only two other Regrowth.com members are using Elsom (and by using, I mean ever tried). If anybody else has, they haven't spoken up.

But as far as mass production, they only mass produce giant orders. Everything else is tailored to the individual's needs. The topicals are created on-demand, so every batch is fresh.

http://www.the-formulator.com/skincare/index.php?manufacturers_id=10

Start off by selecting the double-emulsion, then your base, then your ingredients to get an idea of the cost. Not cheap, but this stuff definitely penetrates the scalp very fast. I barely have time to spread it on my scalp--gotta keep the scalp moist and act quick before it gets absorbed.

nidhogge

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down