Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!

3 posters

Go down

Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  Empty Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!

Post  a<r Tue Jan 24, 2012 6:58 am

This video touches in a very accessable way what biofilms are, how to beat them, why they are, briefly how gut bacteria influence them, and their role in systemic disease.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!  Empty Re: Bacterial Biofilms for Beginners!

Post  LittleFighter Wed Jan 25, 2012 3:46 am

aThis video touches in a very accessable way what biofilms are, how to beat them, why they are, briefly how gut bacteria influence them, and their role in systemic disease.

I found a simple protocol of serrapeptase and/or other fibrinolytic enzymes and then iodine (a descent dose) works great for GI infections. Add a probiotic that works for you afterwards. LGG is my top choice.
LittleFighter
LittleFighter

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Wed Jan 25, 2012 11:29 pm

AR that's a good video, stressing on many health areas that many posters here repeatedly point to.
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  a<r Fri Jan 27, 2012 3:05 am

I want to briefly share some recent experiences and some insights.

First some insights. We are seeing more and more that planktonic bacteria are only the tiny tip of the iceberg, and sadly, they are what is focused on, and probably why mainstream medicine can't find sufficient evidence that goes to show that bacteria are the origin of health issues (at least the vast, vast majority of them).

In the GI tract, why should this shortcoming in perspective be any different? The free roaming bacteria are definitely not the whole story ...

Colonization of mucin by human intestinal bacteria and establishment of biofilm communities in a two-stage continuous culture system.
Macfarlane S, Woodmansey EJ, Macfarlane GT.
Source

Microbiology and Gut Biology Group, University of Dundee Medical School, Level 6, Ninewells Hospital and Medical School, Dundee DD1 9SY, Scotland, United Kingdom. s.macfarlane@dundee.ac.uk
Abstract

The human large intestine is covered with a protective mucus coating, which is heavily colonized by complex bacterial populations that are distinct from those in the gut lumen. Little is known of the composition and metabolic activities of these biofilms, although they are likely to play an important role in mucus breakdown. The aims of this study were to determine how intestinal bacteria colonize mucus and to study physiologic and enzymatic factors involved in the destruction of this glycoprotein. Colonization of mucin gels by fecal bacteria was studied in vitro, using a two-stage continuous culture system, simulating conditions of nutrient availability and limitation characteristic of the proximal (vessel 1) and distal (vessel 2) colon. The establishment of bacterial communities in mucin gels was investigated by selective culture methods, scanning electron microscopy, and confocal laser scanning microscopy, in association with fluorescently labeled 16S rRNA oligonucleotide probes. Gel samples were also taken for analysis of mucin-degrading enzymes and measurements of residual mucin sugars. Mucin gels were rapidly colonized by heterogeneous bacterial populations, especially members of the Bacteroides fragilis group, enterobacteria, and clostridia. Intestinal bacterial populations growing on mucin surfaces were shown to be phylogenetically and metabolically distinct from their planktonic counterparts.

We obviously need to go even deeper into the murk of the gut to get a clearer picture.

Now for recent experiences. Serrapeptase and Fibrinolytic enzymes.

It's been a while since I've herxed, not since the summer with high protien fasting combined with huge doses of Iodine and sunlight and before that chelation as per the Chelation Thread times. Serrapeptase has had me herxing so bad that I had to rush into my ND and immediately get hooked up to a three hour chelation drip (with many other things added). There's what feels like based on prior experiences, massive amounts of debris and metals getting released from somewhere in my body, the IV (DMPS, EDTA, Magnesium Pump, couple other things) has seriously cleared up my issues for the time being and I'm now wide awake and feeling great on 48 hours with no sleep, just not long home from second shift in a row at work. This is good news as before the IV while I was in a major detox crisis I couldn't even form coherent thoughts.

It's way, way too early to say anything about this besides that it's progress.

Will keep everybody updated.

Hair and scalp feel GREAT.

"When you're going through hell, keep going!" - Winstone Churchill
a<r
a<r
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Sun Jan 29, 2012 7:03 am

From wikipedia...

"L. plantarum ... this species and related lactobacilli are unusual in that they can respire oxygen but have no respiratory chain or cytochromes — the consumed oxygen ultimately ends up as hydrogen peroxide. The peroxide, it is presumed, acts as a weapon to exclude competing bacteria from the food source."

Thoughts?

Also, apart from the antimicrobial properties of H2O2 where does it fit in in the 'electric charge' sense? Would foods containing active or dormant form of H2O2 be considered electron rich?
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down