Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace? or use both??

5 posters

Go down

minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? Empty RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace? or use both??

Post  joetr Fri Jan 13, 2012 4:27 am

Nid,CS, others:
What are your thoughts on using Rejuveplex and Minoxidil (at separate times of day)? Or, if I've had some success with minoxidil, can I drop it and replace it with Rejuveplex?

I stopped using Rogaine Foam about 7-8 months ago, and since then gradually lost a lot of hair all over the top of my head. Most of the recent loss is at crown, then the front, and diffuse loss over the top of my head -- it really thinned out a lot. I reluctantly decided to start using Rogaine Foam again --- I've been sucked back into using minoxidil several times like this after quitting then losing a bunch of hair. Restarting minoxidil seems to be the only thing that slows the loss down. I'm 35, and I've used the Top3/Top 6 for two years or so with only little success - although I admit I have a tough time staying consistent with all of the pill popping.

I haven't had the time to research in detail all of the options for topicals, but I like the holistic approach you guys advocate and therefore was interested in trying the Rejuveplex, however I'm concerned about whether or not I should still use minoxidil/Rogaine Foam. I know it's not really recommended on this forum, but it's been one of the few things where I notice a difference (at least when I stop). Any thoughts?

joetr

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? Empty Re: RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace? or use both??

Post  unfortunate Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:15 am

joetr wrote:Nid,CS, others:
What are your thoughts on using Rejuveplex and Minoxidil (at separate times of day)? Or, if I've had some success with minoxidil, can I drop it and replace it with Rejuveplex?

I stopped using Rogaine Foam about 7-8 months ago, and since then gradually lost a lot of hair all over the top of my head. Most of the recent loss is at crown, then the front, and diffuse loss over the top of my head -- it really thinned out a lot. I reluctantly decided to start using Rogaine Foam again --- I've been sucked back into using minoxidil several times like this after quitting then losing a bunch of hair. Restarting minoxidil seems to be the only thing that slows the loss down. I'm 35, and I've used the Top3/Top 6 for two years or so with only little success - although I admit I have a tough time staying consistent with all of the pill popping.

I haven't had the time to research in detail all of the options for topicals, but I like the holistic approach you guys advocate and therefore was interested in trying the Rejuveplex, however I'm concerned about whether or not I should still use minoxidil/Rogaine Foam. I know it's not really recommended on this forum, but it's been one of the few things where I notice a difference (at least when I stop). Any thoughts?

Man, your story is almost identical to mine. I'm 28 but kept going off and on Minox for several years until this time around. I dropped it completely in June and have lost a ton of hair. I haven't gone back on it this time and don't intend to, but so far the top 6 still doesn't seem to be doing much. I do think that people like us might need a topical to kick start growth, since Minoxidil does work for us - the side effects just suck. We really need to figure out a way to emulate what minoxidil does in a natural way, but I suspect that no-one truly knows why it works. I haven't committed to Rejuvaplex yet, but may go that route.

I'm sure we are not the only guys in this situation. We need to figure things out.

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? Empty Re: RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace? or use both??

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:18 am

joetr - It sounds like Minoxidil dependent hairs. A significant shed occurs following cessation of minoxidil. So restarting just may start this process again.

To make the most of any supplement routine, if you haven't tried already, would suggest a heavy metal detox.

As far as how minoxidil would impact things when used apart from the other topical, probably so, at least there is no reason believe there would be a problem--although it has not been evaluated, so I cannot be certain.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Fri Jan 13, 2012 5:34 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:joetr - It sounds like Minoxidil dependent hairs. A significant shed occurs following cessation of minoxidil. So restarting just may start this process again.

To make the most of any supplement routine, if you haven't tried already, would suggest a heavy metal detox.

As far as how minoxidil would impact things when used apart from the other topical, probably so, at least there is no reason believe there would be a problem--although it has not been evaluated, so I cannot be certain.

CS, curious, how long do you think the minoxidil-dependent hairs should take to shed? Should it last longer than a year?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 13, 2012 6:05 am

unfortunate wrote:
CausticSymmetry wrote:joetr - It sounds like Minoxidil dependent hairs. A significant shed occurs following cessation of minoxidil. So restarting just may start this process again.

CS, curious, how long do you think the minoxidil-dependent hairs should take to shed? Should it last longer than a year?

No, the shed should not continue for anywhere near that long. Here's a chart to get an idea of what happens.

minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? Bjd47010

After that vertical line (96 week) is what happens after cessation.

So what to do instead of minoxidil? I would suggest either blood donation or green tea extract taken with meals.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  joetr Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:33 am

Caustic, Thanks for the feedback. I think I saw that you posted instructions somewhere for a heavy metal detox -- it may have even been a different site, but I can't find it right now. Do you have the link? Also, can you explain (or link to) how/why the heavy metal detox is an important first step in addressing hair loss? I believe I read heavy metals can be related to candida, and I was thinking candida could be an issue for me. I've also been struggling with eczema on my hands for the last 6 months and was thinking it could be related.

Last month I did a 10 day whole food/whole body cleanse(http://www.wholefoodfarmacy.com/2005/CAT3.asp ) Not sure if it would be considered a heavy metal cleanse though, would it? Also, last June I did a parasite cleanse (it was recommended by a quantum biofeedback practicioner) and it caused a number of problems for me -- I guess a had a pretty bad detox reaction, so I'm a little concerned about cleansing/detoxing.

joetr

Back to top Go down

Post  unfortunate Fri Jan 13, 2012 7:44 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:
unfortunate wrote:

No, the shed should not continue for anywhere near that long. Here's a chart to get an idea of what happens.

minoxidil - RejuvePlex and minoxidil -- Replace?  or use both?? Bjd47010

After that vertical line (96 week) is what happens after cessation.

So what to do instead of minoxidil? I would suggest either blood donation or green tea extract taken with meals.

Blood donation? What's the rationale behind this in regards to quitting minoxidil?

unfortunate

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 13, 2012 11:02 am

Here's the link: http://healthyfixx.com/plan/5/heavy-metal-detox

And here is one for iron: http://healthyfixx.com/28/donate-blood-for-your-health

The rational for heavy metals is many, but the basic idea is that these are a source of free radicals, they promote endocrine changes, and give rise to infections. Therefore, when they are removed, everything works better. It also promotes better thyroid function.

As for iron, it is similar, iron in men is cumulative and is a source of oxidation and fuels pathogenic bacteria.

Beyond all this, I always suggest to look into the oral cavity (pathology) if there is refractory response to treatment. For example, if there is an infection in the jawbone, crown, tooth, abscess or gums, it should be dealt with appropriately. Oil pulling is one way to fight this while addressing the cause later on.

As for minoxidil, there is no such thing as a minoxidil deficiency, and as I see it, the real problem is simply imbalance of the renal angiotensin system or at the very least an ATP shortage due to a co-factor deficient.

There are several ways to replace minoxidil naturally. Either incorporate mineralization, such as bio-available salts or by ATP co-factors, such as topical Carnitine.

Minoxidil "works" by opening of potassium (K+) channels, causing hyperpolarization of the cell membrane and/or decreasing cell excitability. It is the ATP potassium channels that are affected through the dermal papilla. This essentially is providing energy to the hair follicles.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Balthier Sat Jan 14, 2012 12:28 am

and how does green tea fit into this? I wish I would have had this info years ago quit 5% minoxidil(wasn't on it too long though less than 6 months) wish some of the loss could be reversed.

Balthier

Back to top Go down

Post  johnnytremaine Wed Feb 22, 2012 4:04 pm

I would advise against green tea extract use. It inhibits DHT, and inhibiting DHT systematically is very bad, which people on this forum should know. (However, I have seen one study that saw using just green tea actually increased DHT whereas when it was combined with resveratrol it caused the noticeably lower levels).

johnnytremaine

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down