Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Beginning my oil pulling journey

+35
TrueGround
Orchid
duel_black
RisingFist
theseeker86
jeruslan
MilBA
Espio
Silverlin
goten574
JeetKuneDo
whodathunkit
bh2o
Delphine
mike78
Prague
thissucks
LooseGroove
CausticSymmetry
Mastery
sdguy
Yanks
hapyman
phoenix21
hadrion
scottyc33
TexasMedicine
imprisoned-radical
9rugrats5
dadon
pancacke
Quisque
Columbo
Smurfy
Hairbeback
39 posters

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next

Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  Espio Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:08 am

I started oilpulling a couple weeks ago, and about a week after I started, something strange happened: I GOT SICK!!! And then I read on an oilpulling website that it's very common to get sick with a cold or flu right after starting oil pulling.

The weird thing is, I haven't been sick in a few years. JDP, as we talked about in the "gingivitis is the cause of 30% human genome" thread, he thinks it is because I have been immune suppressed for a long time and I don't have any reaction to sickness anymore. So I am basically chronicly fatigued and sick all the time, but my body doesn't muster the cytokene reaction to show the outward symptoms of sickness.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Beginning my oil pulling journey - Page 5 Empty Re: Beginning my oil pulling journey

Post  Smurfy Tue Dec 06, 2011 7:05 am

Espio wrote:I started oilpulling a couple weeks ago, and about a week after I started, something strange happened: I GOT SICK!!! And then I read on an oilpulling website that it's very common to get sick with a cold or flu right after starting oil pulling.

The weird thing is, I haven't been sick in a few years. JDP, as we talked about in the "gingivitis is the cause of 30% human genome" thread, he thinks it is because I have been immune suppressed for a long time and I don't have any reaction to sickness anymore. So I am basically chronicly fatigued and sick all the time, but my body doesn't muster the cytokene reaction to show the outward symptoms of sickness.

I got a runny nose the first week of oil pulling.
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Tue Dec 06, 2011 4:04 pm

I'll explain a phenomena that few understand well. This might be involved with the reaction mentioned in the two posts above.

When toxins are removed, this now frees the body to detoxify other cells that are still dirty.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Tue Dec 06, 2011 6:14 pm

Yes, cleansing reactions are to be expected when beginning any kind of detoxing regimen.

I am OPing, drinking green smoothies, taking diatomaceous earth and handfuls of supplements, and refraining from coffee and alcohol. I have cold-like symptoms on and off (this morning when I sneezed, it was more like an explosion!) but it is definitely worth it and there's no going back!

My father, whose lifestyle was far from healthy, once told me he never got colds. I was a bit incredulous. "Never??" "No, never." I remember thinking, wow, he has a strong constitution. Now I know better. He just never gave his body a chance to clean out.
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Tue Jan 24, 2012 2:30 pm

Just started oil pulling with coconut oil last week, and I'm having some serious cold like symptoms. Runny nose, lots of phlegm, sneezing, etc. I'm encouraged by it after re-reading this thread. I'll will keep on it with it for at least a month and report back.

How long would you guys recommend to oil pull to return your mouth back to health, 6 months?

I imagine it is different for every individual just wondering if there is a general consensus or average amount time.

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  9rugrats5 Tue Feb 07, 2012 2:14 am

Might not be right about this, but I think the days I feel unwell, the oil tastes bitter and harsh. By the end of the session, mouth does feel better. I occasionally do oil pulling with sesame oil.

fwiw!
9rugrats5
9rugrats5

Back to top Go down

Post  jeruslan Thu Feb 16, 2012 7:37 pm

Hi!!!

I'm doing OP for a week or so and experience the same syndroms of sickness.
However, I want to point You guys on Olive oil. I started OP with Olive oil (4 days), just becouse I haven't got Sunflower Oil (3 days). Both are cold pressed. To compare those two, I find Olive oil to be more "aggresive". I simply feel my teeth are more clearer in comparison when using Sunflower Oil. Have anyone experienced the same?

Thank You...
Jeruslan
jeruslan
jeruslan

Back to top Go down

Post  scottyc33 Fri Sep 07, 2012 1:54 am

Here's a good reason to use coconut oil for oil pulling:

Coconut oil zaps bacteria that causes tooth decay

http://www.naturalnews.com/037089_coconut_oil_bacteria_tooth_decay.html#ixzz25hNPbuMw

(NaturalNews) After decades of warning the public to stay away from supposedly artery-clogging coconut oil, mainstream science has recently produced studies showing that not only does coconut oil appear to be heart friendly, it also has a host of other health benefits. The latest research now reveals consuming coconut oil could save your teeth.

The reason? It turns out the oil is able to fight the bacteria that cause tooth decay, according to scientists who recently presented their work at the Society for General Microbiology's Autumn Conference at the University of Warwick in the UK. What's more, coconut oil appears to have a broad impact against many pathogens - making it an important, natural weapon in fighting infections which have grown increasingly resistant to antibiotics.

The researchers from the Athlone Institute of Technology in Ireland tested the antibacterial action of coconut oil by treating it with enzymes in a process similar to digestion to see how the oil would react once consumed. They found that coconut oil, once ingested, should be able to halt the growth of most strains of Streptococcus bacteria, including Streptococcus mutans. This type of bacteria is a primary cause of cavities because it produces tooth-damaging acid.

In addition, the research team discovered the enzyme-modified coconut oil was also active against the yeast Candida albicans that can cause thrush and other health problems. Now the scientists are working to find out how coconut oil interacts with Streptococcus bacteria at the molecular level and which other kinds of harmful bacteria and yeasts it might be able to zap.

"Dental caries is a commonly overlooked health problem affecting 60-90 percent of children and the majority of adults in industrialized countries," Dr. Damien Brady, who is leading the research, said in a press statement. "Incorporating enzyme-modified coconut oil into dental hygiene products would be an attractive alternative to chemical additives, particularly as it works at relatively low concentrations. Also, with increasing antibiotic resistance, it is important that we turn our attention to new ways to combat microbial infection."

Learn more: http://www.naturalnews.com/037089_coconut_oil_bacteria_tooth_decay.html#ixzz25hYvDpjB

scottyc33

Back to top Go down

Post  theseeker86 Fri Sep 07, 2012 2:14 am

scottyc33 wrote:
After decades of warning the public to stay away from supposedly artery-clogging coconut oil,

lol artery clogging.

That's interesting though that it has that effect on tooth decay. I started oil pulling a while ago however coconut oil becomes a solid so easily and the taste if it when it's in that state compared to when it's a liquid isn't that nice so i kind of stopped doing it. I'll have to start again.

theseeker86

Back to top Go down

Post  RisingFist Tue Sep 11, 2012 1:42 am

I just started oil pulling today with coconut oil. I took some Alpha lipoic acid with some L-Carnitine and feel very relaxed and in a good mood. Quite a difference from before. I'm not sure which contributes more to it but it's great. I fast from morning till noon as well in case that adds to it. I started taking Ecklonia Cava extract for a week to today is when I really noticed the mood change after adding these things. I hope I can feel this way every morning since stress and depression sometimes hit me from time to time.

Thanks for informing people about this, I'll try to spread the word.

PS. Forgot to ask. Do you guys only oil pull in the morning or should you do it twice a day?

RisingFist

Back to top Go down

Post  duel_black Wed Sep 19, 2012 3:03 am

I started this a week ago for my gums and teeth.
One week in and the arthritis pain in my pinky finger is completely gone. My gums feel stronger, my teeth are whiter and feel harder, and my sense of well being feels great.
I use organic cold pressed sesame oil.

duel_black

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Wed Sep 19, 2012 7:33 am

i don't understand. I'm on oil pulling for 5 days now, organic cold pressed sesame oil.
The first two days, i was feeling ok after that. (18 min in my mouth)
But the last 2 days, i feel awful...weakness, sleepiness, headache due the day and back pains, neck also. (i had those symptoms before two months and almost eliminated from detox regimen that i follow)
The only good thing until now has to do with my gingivitis that seems better and greatly reduced the gums bleeding.
is it possible Oil pulling eliminate antibodies too?

Is it better stop it or wait to see how things goes....

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:54 pm

Steve_Gr wrote:i don't understand. I'm on oil pulling for 5 days now, organic cold pressed sesame oil.
The first two days, i was feeling ok after that. (18 min in my mouth)
But the last 2 days, i feel awful...weakness, sleepiness, headache due the day and back pains, neck also. (i had those symptoms before two months and almost eliminated from detox regimen that i follow)
The only good thing until now has to do with my gingivitis that seems better and greatly reduced the gums bleeding.
is it possible Oil pulling eliminate antibodies too?

Is it better stop it or wait to see how things goes....

If you would read the majority of the posts on this thread you would realize that it's very common to get sick during the first few days of oil pulling.

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  Espio Wed Sep 19, 2012 1:57 pm

duel_black wrote:I started this a week ago for my gums and teeth.
One week in and the arthritis pain in my pinky finger is completely gone. My gums feel stronger, my teeth are whiter and feel harder, and my sense of well being feels great.
I use organic cold pressed sesame oil.

That's so interesting! My hands were going numb as well and that stopped when I started oil pulling. The bad thing is when I stop oil pulling for a few weeks then the numbness comes back. Are you sure it is arthritis, and not a problem with the ulnar nerve that goes through the pinky finger and half of the ring finger?

Mine was definitely the ulnar nerve, which makes sense because the nerves connect to the teeth. But if it was arthritis it wouldn't make sense why oil pulling would stop arthritis in the hands, would it?

Espio

Back to top Go down

Post  MilBA Fri Sep 28, 2012 3:28 pm

the last few times i've done oil pulling my nose has bleed later in the day. anyone know what this could mean?

MilBA

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:48 am

4th day oil pulling with sunflower oil and my gums bleeding like crazy...should i stop? Anyone experience something like this?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:53 am

Steve_Gr wrote:4th day oil pulling with sunflower oil and my gums bleeding like crazy...should i stop? Anyone experience something like this?

It's probably too early to give up. Reactions like this could mean your doing something good. However, if it persists for weeks, that might be a time to try switching up on a different oil, such as coconut and see if there are any differences.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Orchid Fri Jan 11, 2013 6:54 am

I think the oils attract different bacteria, which is what's causing your gums to bleed.

I've looked into this recently, maybe you can give it a shot:

http://starrymantle.blogspot.com/2009/02/cleaning-teeth-with-terramin-clay.html
Orchid
Orchid

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Fri Jan 11, 2013 7:35 am

thx for the response orchid and CS.

i swish for almost 18 - 20 min. Will be better to cut down at 10 min?

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jan 11, 2013 8:18 am

Steve_Gr wrote:thx for the response orchid and CS.

i swish for almost 18 - 20 min. Will be better to cut down at 10 min?

This reaction shouldn't be considered a negative--way to early. This may be a common situation where
things get worse before they get better. 15 minutes is the minimum time for oil pulling according to the research.

CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  TrueGround Fri Jan 11, 2013 11:51 am

I've noticed recently that I start feeling shitty later in the day or the day after oil pulling, particularly when I'm not doing it regularly. I welcome this with open arms under the assumption it's just a detox symptom. I'm going to keep up with this as long as I possibly can, as I'm stoked about the potential benefits - especially since I've had 4 wisdom teeth taken out.

What would be really cool is to swish with plain water for 15-20 minutes and collect the sample you spit out. Then do the same with oil and send both samples into a lab to get the bacterial strains and toxins analyzed between the two.

TrueGround

Back to top Go down

Post  missymoo Fri Jan 11, 2013 5:06 pm

I started this morning, used coconut oil, by the afternoon my throat felt funny, I just checked in the mirror and I have small white spots on my right tonsil (I used to get these a few years ago), I can only assume this is from the OP and is a detox reaction as I haven't noticed them before. The affected tonsil has been larger than the left one for years too.

I hope they go away because from what I remember they make breath really bad Very Happy

missymoo

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 8:49 am

I do this (oil pulling) for over a month now. Before 10 days, i lost one Dental Filling. I went to the dentist and i restore it back.
Now, all of my teeth that have fillings (5 teeth) are sensitive and i feel pain. I think that if i continue oil pulling i will lost all my fillings. I guess i should stop...right?
Or maybe do this occasionally?

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:01 am

Restorations including fillings, are supposed to withstand the force of chewing hard foods so they should be fine with gentle oil swishing unless the work is very old or shoddy.

I've been OPing for years now, on and off. I do it daily now. I did have a filling come out, but it was an old one. If your teeth are sensitive, you might try using magnesium oil orally, many report that it strengthens teeth and gums. Another thing you could do is add a bit of MSM powder to your swishing. This too is strengthening to teeth.

http://healthinsurgence.com/2012/03/26/dislike-the-dentist-and-heart-attacks-magnesium-may-be-your-friend/

MAGNESIUM OIL MAY BE THE MOST POWERFUL TOOTH CLEANING SOLUTION OUT THERE. Recently having a discussion with a couple who have devoted the past 20+ years to studying this miracle mineral, they began using it to brush their teeth on a lark. It had so many other great properties, why not try it? It makes sense, as its highly alkaline content should kill all damaging bacteria while leaving the protective bio-film on your teeth unharmed. And if it aids in calcium formation/bone density then the story adds up. After 6 months of using Magnesium Chloride on the teeth, and going to the dentist, there was NO PLAQUE for the dentist to remove. 6 months later, same story. 3 YEARS later, same thing. They now go to the dentist every couple of years and it still seems unnecessary.

So based on what I’ve learned about the product, it makes sense, and I know it can’t hurt me – and I want the supplement anyway, so I jumped in feet first. I’m now into my 2nd month of using this after I brush my teeth with a natural toothpaste. Just a few squirts on the toothbrush is all it takes. I definitely feel like my teeth are cleaner, and my gums love it.

Last edited by Delphine on Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:34 am; edited 1 time in total
Delphine
Delphine

Back to top Go down

Post  Guest Thu Feb 07, 2013 9:08 am

so you think i shouldn't stop? are you oil pulling every day?

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 5 of 6 Previous  1, 2, 3, 4, 5, 6  Next