Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Are there any stem cell treatments that doesn't require liposuction?
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyToday at 12:43 am by MikeGore

» zombie cells
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptySat May 11, 2024 6:54 am by CausticSymmetry

» Sandalore - could it be a game changer?
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyWed May 08, 2024 9:45 pm by MikeGore

» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:18 am by CausticSymmetry

» China is at it again
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyTue May 07, 2024 4:07 am by CausticSymmetry

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyMon May 06, 2024 5:40 pm by el_llama

» pentadecanoic acid
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptySun May 05, 2024 10:56 am by CausticSymmetry

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyFri May 03, 2024 3:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» Road to recovery - my own log of everything I'm currently trying for HL
minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  EmptyTue Apr 30, 2024 1:55 pm by JtheDreamer

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?

4 posters

Go down

minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  Empty Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?

Post  jlj Mon May 16, 2011 4:16 am

I have been on it for 2 years plus and initially the first 3 months I see some regrowth of tiny hair around my temples and some thickening of hair at my crown. However at six months period I had a big shed and at this time also I had tight and itchy scalp, very bad dandruff and a little pain when I comb my hair.

Following on from the six months mark, I had some recovery and regrowth from the shed hair. I noticed some thickening as well but occasionally it will have pretty bad shedding after some thickening. The hairs that fall out are all big black terminal hair with white bulb attached. I had dandruff since.

I went to see 2 dermatologists and told them about the dandruff, tight scalp and more hair loss. Before I started minoxidil I had a thinning spot at the crown area and the rest leading to my hairline all are thick healthy hair. However, after the big shed I’m thin all over the top. One doctor told me that shouldn’t be as minoxidil helps to rejuvenate hair and ask me to apply twice a day since I’m applying it once at night. Another doctor asked me to try propecia. I dare not risk propecia because of the sexual side effects. They both ended up just prescribing me ketoconazole shampoos.

I had some relieved from the ketoconazole shampoo but it had turn into a vicious cycle. Bad dandruff, shampoo felt nice then again more bad dandruff. Along the way, I don’t know what to do but to continue using minoxidil every night hoping for more regrowth. During this period I will have some hair thickening then shedding of terminal black hairs with white bulbs in cycles. I suffer dandruff, pain tight scalp and itchness all this while since minoxidil. Will hair grow under this situation?

I really do not know what to do now. All I can say is the before I start minoxidil I just had a thining spot at the crown area but now the crown area had some filled up but I’m thin all over the top plus bad dandruff, dry itch and tight scalp with some flaking.

I had thought about cessation of minoxidil but I I’m really afraid of another big shed of the discontinuation and what can I then replace minoxidil for the hope of some regrowth? I heard that you can wean it off to minimise the shedding but anyone any experience to share?

If I manage to stop minoxidil slowly, what can I replace for topical without all these nightmare? Audace hair tonic? Virgin coconut oil? Spectral RS? (Likely to cause shedding too like minoxidil?), Apple Vinegar Cider?

jlj

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  Empty Re: Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?

Post  act<react Mon May 16, 2011 6:01 am

Don't know why it isn't raised on a big flag for all to see now on this site, as it would save so many people so much pain and wasted time (those who don't read a lot on this site), but chelation and Iodine are the places to start any successful regimen.

This combo + dietary changes have been a godsend for my hair and health.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

minoxidil - Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?  Empty Re: Rogaine Minoxidil : Did it help?

Post  pancacke Mon May 16, 2011 7:06 am

actchelation and Iodine are the places to start any successful regimen.
That might be true, but you can't expect a total newbie to start taking chelators and "toxic" amounts of iodine right away...I'd be scared for sure.

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  act<react Mon May 16, 2011 7:15 am

I agree, one needs to first find out why they should take these things and get comfortable with the knowledge, the only problem is the only time newbies generally see this info is when somebody exasperatedly posts about it because nobody else will and the info is buried.

"You owe the companies nothing. You especially don't owe them any courtesy. They have re-arranged the world to put themselves in front of you. They never asked for your permission, don't even start asking for theirs."

- Banksy
act<react
act<react

Back to top Go down

Post  pancacke Mon May 16, 2011 7:29 am

Yeah, if they want to go deep, they gotta dig!

pancacke

Back to top Go down

Post  Smurfy Mon May 16, 2011 10:20 am

There should be a second forum titled "Newbies start here!", with a comprehensive yet general list of what people need to know to get started, explained in laymans terms so they don't get scared away. Gotta admit, it would save a ton of desperate plea posts from showing up here!
Smurfy
Smurfy

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down