Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Why is yeast all that bad?

Go down

Why is yeast all that bad? Empty Why is yeast all that bad?

Post  Misirlou on Mon Jul 14, 2008 8:08 pm

Not all breads use yeast or baking powder, but most do. Someone told me that it's possible to make breads with honey yeast.

Well, I just wonder, why is regular bakery yeast (and perhaps baking powder as well?) bad for the us? bom

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Why is yeast all that bad? Empty Re: Why is yeast all that bad?

Post  EIC on Tue Jul 15, 2008 3:28 am

I'm not really sure it is all that bad. Ideally, one would eat sourdough bread that slow-rises. I think the theory is that the yeast in bread will feed the pathogenic yeasts in one's gut (i.e., candida). I'm not sure that is the case. Yeasts in the gut will proliferate when you have undigested di- or poly-saccharides in the gut. This can conceivably happen with any starch. Sourdough bread is kind of genius because you introduce natural flora outside the gut, which then breakdown the starch so that it is easier for you to digest when you put it in your body. Sourdough bread is, essentially, predigested. The same thing occurs when you ferment food such as yogurt. The bacteria breakdown the lactose outside the body so there is less lactose for you to breakdown when you eat it. The less your body has to do, the less risk of undigested foodstuffs, the less the risk of feeding the pathogenic flora.

The best analogy I can give is a spider that secretes substances to break down an insect before it eats them. They are predigesting their food outside their body. That's all that true sourdough really is.

EIC

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:49 am

EIC - Great explanation.

I have on theory on having some evil food and eating too. Dr. Ohirra's Probiotic 12 Plus let's me get away with eating some bad foods, but I still keep them limited. The lactic acid bacteria in this case, serves as digestive aid to breakdown some of the undesirables and reduce potential inflammation.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

View user profile http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  Misirlou on Tue Jul 15, 2008 8:54 am

That concludes it - no more yeast, no more baking powder (or?) but a lot of probiotics. I wish I could get hold on raw milk Razz

Right now Im only drinking water, water and water. Sometimes apple cider. What else could I drink that is healthy? Soymilk tastes like the rear end of an elephant

Misirlou

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Permissions in this forum:
You cannot reply to topics in this forum