Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
lowering cortisol levels EmptyToday at 1:59 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
lowering cortisol levels EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
lowering cortisol levels EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
lowering cortisol levels EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
lowering cortisol levels EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
lowering cortisol levels EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
lowering cortisol levels EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
lowering cortisol levels EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
lowering cortisol levels EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

lowering cortisol levels

+2
Joejoebaggins
chapat
6 posters

Go down

lowering cortisol levels Empty lowering cortisol levels

Post  chapat Sat Jul 12, 2008 1:45 pm

IH
I've been on Sensoril for around 3 months I got my Cortisol retest back and showed levels high around early afternoon and early evening. The first test showed my levels were high from morning to bedtime. Should I stay on Sensoril or try something else? Thanks

chapat

Back to top Go down

lowering cortisol levels Empty Re: lowering cortisol levels

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:04 pm

chapat wrote:IH
I've been on Sensoril for around 3 months I got my Cortisol retest back and showed levels high around early afternoon and early evening. The first test showed my levels were high from morning to bedtime. Should I stay on Sensoril or try something else? Thanks

First things first, think about getting a spectracell test to see WHY you have high cortisol. Could be from lack of specific b-vits, like B5 or Vitamin C.

Find a Clinician in your area at http://www.spectracell.com/lab/FIA_testing.html , best test/money I've spent in this whole process.

Second, find out what in your life is a stressor and get rid of it. Take walks, do breathing exercises.

For immediate (expensive) relief, go for PS (phosphatidylserine) it lowers your cortisol by quite some bit. Other cortisol lowering supps are as you mentioned ashwagandha and Rhodiola which i have no experience with.

GOOD LUCK.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sat Jul 12, 2008 5:07 pm

Forgot to add that Magnesium specifically orotate, helps with cortisol (and insulin)
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:27 am

Chapat - I second Joejoebaggins, couldn't have said it better myself.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Sun Jul 13, 2008 2:45 am

Thanks guys
Joejoe is Phosphatidylserine something you take everyday or just when you feel anxious and how much a day?

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Sun Jul 13, 2008 5:07 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Chapat - I second Joejoebaggins, couldn't have said it better myself.

I learn from the master.

Chapat,

The reason I know it works so effectively is it knocks me out cold at night. Just like you I had elevated morning and evening cortisol.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:06 am

joejoe, have you noticed any differences in hair since you have your cortisol in control?

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Sun Jul 13, 2008 8:07 am

I know that on paper, it would be good for hair. but in real life, where it counts.. have you noticed anything.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Mon Jul 14, 2008 2:47 am

halfempty wrote:joejoe, have you noticed any differences in hair since you have your cortisol in control?

I have noticed that my hair is less dry and falls out a lot less. The biggest difference for me was the feeling of INTENSE anxiety is no longer with me, and I actually sleep at night now. Once I got my cortisol down my friends and family also noticed a differerence because I wasn't fighting with them all the time :p
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Thu Jul 17, 2008 7:58 am

Hey Joejoe,

I definitely have that intense anxiety with me most of the time. It is awful. I know that it is accelerating my hair loss.

I found this test that I can order here:
[url= http://www.homehealthtesting.com/stress-hormone-tests.htm]here[/url]

Immortal said it may give some insight.

Basically I do not have a lot of money to spend on medical tests.

Do you think that this would be worth the 80 bucks?

Then, if it does tell me that I have high/low cortisol I could do a more expensive test in the future.

What do you think?

Also, did you notice any changes in inflammation after you got your cortisol levels figured out?

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:22 am

halfempty wrote:Hey Joejoe,

I definitely have that intense anxiety with me most of the time. It is awful. I know that it is accelerating my hair loss.

I found this test that I can order here:
[url= http://www.homehealthtesting.com/stress-hormone-tests.htm]here[/url]

Immortal said it may give some insight.

Basically I do not have a lot of money to spend on medical tests.

Do you think that this would be worth the 80 bucks?

Then, if it does tell me that I have high/low cortisol I could do a more expensive test in the future.

What do you think?

Also, did you notice any changes in inflammation after you got your cortisol levels figured out?

I can only speak about my experience, but It's not that helpful to see that you have high/low cortisol at a certain time of the day. It's more helpful to know if your Vitamin C, Pantothenic Acid, or magnesium is in the toilet causing the high cortisol. If you deal or have experienced any extreme stress it might be worthwhile to invest in the spectra cell test.

I think the most effecient way of dealing with stress and hair loss in general is truly finding out whats going on inside of you. I tried the shotgun supps method in the beginning and I think I just set myself back.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Thu Jul 17, 2008 8:27 am

halfempty wrote:

I need to presage this by saying i don't have everything figured out and my hair is not 100%

but, I've learned a lot and would have to say that the biggest benefit I've seen is correct my totally fucked up methylation cycle. The results were very obvious after a few days. Still working on all the kinks.

Supps that helped: SAMe, TMG, Taurine, B6 (P5P), Folonic Acid, B12 (Methyl & Hydroxycobalamin)
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Thu Jul 17, 2008 3:08 pm

Thanks a lot for taking the time to respond Joejoe.

I will hopefully be able to invest in this in the future.

I do know that ashwagandha definitely helps my anxiety and concentration.

I find it astonishing that psychiatrists do not have people tested for high/low cortisol.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Thu Jul 17, 2008 5:03 pm

Sadly, psychiatry is based on a description of characteristics, using what is called a DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

There is no testing, but I'm absolutely convinced that all psychiatric disorders are real physical problems that can be remedied.

For example, most depression is adrenal fatigue, most anxiety is related similarly.

Schizophrenia is vitamin D (lack of) related and is often caused by toxoplasmosis, which is remedied by Photoluminescence (an indirect way to get high blood levels of vitamin D).

And there's good old fashion stress. Sometimes I joke the best way to cure stress is to quit your job--if it were not a problem of a lack of money, would be great.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  Joejoebaggins Fri Jul 18, 2008 1:01 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:Sadly, psychiatry is based on a description of characteristics, using what is called a DSM-IV (Diagnostic and Statistical Manual of Mental Disorders).

There is no testing, but I'm absolutely convinced that all psychiatric disorders are real physical problems that can be remedied.

For example, most depression is adrenal fatigue, most anxiety is related similarly.

Schizophrenia is vitamin D (lack of) related and is often caused by toxoplasmosis, which is remedied by Photoluminescence (an indirect way to get high blood levels of vitamin D).

And there's good old fashion stress. Sometimes I joke the best way to cure stress is to quit your job--if it were not a problem of a lack of money, would be great.

I think you're right on the money IH.
Joejoebaggins
Joejoebaggins

Back to top Go down

Post  halfempty Fri Jul 18, 2008 4:11 am

But wouldn't the DSM be useful in being able to tell if someone is exhibiting characteristics of having an anxiety disorder? Then when diagnosed, the underlying physical problems can be addressed.

halfempty

Back to top Go down

Post  CausticSymmetry Fri Jul 18, 2008 5:15 am

Psychiatrists are made the most from pharmaceutical companies in terms of incentives compared to other medical fields, the last I had heard, they receive an average of 40 to 45K in compensation per year just from incentives alone.

The solution for most using this criteria is what medications should be prescribed, but I see what you mean, I could be used for a the purpose of categorizing the problem. If they were to have tests, it would really help. It seems inescapable
physical impact after bouts of chronic stress for example.
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Jul 24, 2008 5:04 am

Can someone help me out I always thought that exercising at least 1/2 hour a day will lower cortisol levels, now I read in a bodybuilding mag that excessive exercising will raise cortisol levels. I do cardio for 10 minuets to warm up, then I lift for about 45 minutes then I do more intense cardio for 20 minutes. Is that work out routine OK.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jul 24, 2008 6:46 am

Chap--

This was a good reason that Patrick Arnold came out with 11-OXO, to compensate for raised cortisol levels in bodybuilders. Bodybuilding is very strenuous on the body, and physical duress is another way to get a cortisol release. This isn't always a bad thing as you do need cortisol, but this may result in too much as well. I say that 45-minutes is good enough for the gym, unless of course you're chatting it up and not going balls-against-the-wall for that 45-minutes. It's also idea to go 45 minutes in that you won't be letting your body get to a catabolic state when it is depraved of nutrients that it needs to rebuild the muscle immediately.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Jul 24, 2008 7:53 am

Thanks Nidhogge
Another thing I heard is its best to do cardio in the morning on an empty stomach for best fat loss, just want to hear what you think.

chapat

Back to top Go down

Post  nidhogge Thu Jul 24, 2008 8:18 am

Chap--

I was an early student of HIIT on an empty stomach, something that I started (and have gone on-and-off with) a few years ago. 4 years EXACTLY to be precise. Shawn Philips' book "ABSolutions" (or maybe it's "ABSolution") is what introduced me to the concept. I highly recommend that book, though he does have a new book that I believe is entitled "Strength for Life." His brother, Bill, came out with the book "Body for Life" which is very similar to ABsolutions. Bill was the co-founder of supplement giant "EAS." Both are in incredibly awesome shape, and all-natural.

Essentially, this is the key thing--do not do cardio on an empty stomach if you intend to jog up a storm for an hour. This will be counter-productive as you will be burning the most fat being that you're working off of your fat reserves and not your last meal's carbs, but you will throw yourself into a catabolic state. Think about it--you went 6-8 hours eating and drinking nothing, and now all you're running off of if some pre-cardio water. So, this is where the HIIT (High-Intensity Training, or "Interval" training) comes into play.

Pick out about 50 yards, and jog. Then, sprint 50 yards. Jog 50 yards, sprint 50 yards. This concept can be applied to ANYTHING. If you have a boxing bag, just work it for about 30 seconds, then go nuts on it for 30 seconds, ad nauseum (Nauseous being the keyword, lol...). Jump-roping--same deal. You'll only be able to keep this up for a few minutes, and you ought to do this no more than 3 days a week, and preferably on non-workout days as it will diminish your glucose for the day. I usually do it Saturday and Sunday since I go to bed late and get to work an hour late every day...lol. Gotta work on that.

Coupled with a good diet, you will be amazed at how fast you get that 6-pack out. That 10 minutes of HIIT, btw, is also far more superior to one hour+ of jogging at a specific pace. The reasoning? Your body never gets used to it. Since you sprint as hard as you can, you only get faster as time goes by. With jogging, your body adjusts to the pace, and you get less and less of a result from it. The confusion that HIIT caused to your body also spikes your metabolism by 30% for the next few hours. So, you'll be burning calories just sitting on your ass afterwards.

Good luck, and enjoy the pain! It'll also greatly enhance your bb workouts.

nidhogge

Back to top Go down

Post  chapat Thu Jul 24, 2008 11:22 am

Thanks Nidhogge your the man!
So you can do the HIIT about an hour after eating and I should burn as much fat as an hour jogging. I have an Elliptical machine at home can I do the HIIT on that?

chapat

Back to top Go down

lowering cortisol levels Empty Inversion and relaxation

Post  Luxuriate Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:22 pm

Hi All

Here is some research

A YOGA INTERVENTION FOR YOUNG ADULTS WITH ELEVATED SYMPTOMS OF DEPRESSION
Alison Woolery, Hector Myers, Beth Sternlieb, Lonnie Zeltzer. Alternative Therapies in Health and Medicine. Aliso Viejo: Mar/Apr 2004. Vol. 10, Iss. 2; pg. 60, 4 pgs

"In conclusion, this randomized pilot study indicates that participating in a short-term Iyengar yoga course may have therapeutic benefits for people experiencing mild levels of depression. These benefits include reductions in depression and anxiety, improved acute mood, and possible modulation of cortisol, Future research should seek to replicate and extend these findings while addressing the limitations of this pilot study."

Moderating one's self is the answer. Getting blood circulation in the scalp is only one good thing about body movement therapies. I'm not a believer in yoga per se, but there's a lot of obvious improvements in some of the ideas. Adapt and overcome.

Cheers
Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  Luxuriate Fri Jul 25, 2008 8:25 pm

Oh, ps, if I'm feeling a little down, I do a forward bend for a bit (mild inversion). Making sure I have the right food in my blood helps.

Cheers
Lux

Luxuriate

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down