Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later

Go down

Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later Empty Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later

Post  angstman on Fri Feb 01, 2019 8:13 am

I have been a religious follower of the Immortal regimen since circa 2005. Finding Immortal on regrowth.com changed my life/lifestyle. Getting on the top 6 for over a decade along with changing my bad habits  drastically reduced my hairloss to a crawl. Once I had a kid, started having sleepless nights, working out a lot, and doing long distance running again- I found that my recession was starting to happen again. Some of you may have been lucky enough to get some regrowth, unfortunately I wasnt. I think maybe my body got used to all the supplements I was taking and adapted. Im 39 now and just got a transplant with a couple friends through Dr McGrath in Austin (Yes, they give group discounts). I ended up getting the most you can do in one sitting on October 1st. From what Im already seeing at 4 months, I couldnt be happier.
angstman
angstman

View user profile http://www.eezeekial.com

Back to top Go down

Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later Empty Re: Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later

Post  Delphine on Fri Feb 08, 2019 9:28 am

Fantastic angstman! So now you no longer have "angst" about your hair--you need a new moniker Very Happy

Delphine
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later Empty Re: Long time member- ended up getting a transplant 13 years later

Post  CF on Fri Feb 08, 2019 10:46 am

Yeah, way to go Angstman! I Googled Dr. Austin and noticed he does the FUE procedure. Smart decision! I wish I had went that route but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

CF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:40 am

CF wrote:Yeah, way to go Angstman!  I Googled Dr. Austin and noticed he does the FUE procedure.  Smart decision!  I wish I had went that route but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks! Its Dr McGrath in Austin, TX. I wasnt eligible for FUE at a Norwood IIIA. Ill post up pics in 4 more months when Im at 80% of my regrowth.
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman on Sat Feb 09, 2019 7:41 am

Delphine wrote:
Fantastic angstman! So now you no longer have "angst" about your hair--you need a new moniker Very Happy

Hahaha
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

Post  CF on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:24 am

angstman wrote:
CF wrote:Yeah, way to go Angstman!  I Googled Dr. Austin and noticed he does the FUE procedure.  Smart decision!  I wish I had went that route but as they say hindsight is 20/20.

Thanks! Its Dr McGrath in Austin, TX. I wasnt eligible for FUE at a Norwood IIIA. Ill post up pics in 4 more months when Im at 80% of my regrowth.

Whoops!  Well whatever I Googled I did at least check out the correct webpage.  Yeah, that's the problem with FUE, but IMO a FUT is definitely better than being a Norwood IIIA and of course oftentimes those doctors can work magic with the tricho closures.  Yes, please post some pics in the future!

CF

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Feb 09, 2019 10:34 am

CF wrote:
angstman wrote:

Whoops!  Well whatever I Googled I did at least check out the correct webpage.  Yeah, that's the problem with FUE, but IMO a FUT is definitely better than being a Norwood IIIA and of course oftentimes those doctors can work magic with the tricho closures.  Yes, please post some pics in the future!

Can someone enlighten me? I'm not hip to this lingo about FUE/FUT. I do understand IMO Laughing
Delphine
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman on Sat Feb 09, 2019 11:45 am

In an FUE hair transplantation, each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp with no strip of tissue being removed. Hair follicles are removed in a random fashion and the result is less density in the donor area that many say is not even noticeable. This is the main difference between FUE & FUT.
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:15 pm

angstman wrote:In an FUE hair transplantation, each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp with no strip of tissue being removed. Hair follicles are removed in a random fashion and the result is less density in the donor area that many say is not even noticeable. This is the main difference between FUE & FUT.

So what do they do in the FUT? You left that part out Smile

I gather this process must take quite a while, although I'm sure they've streamlined it.
Delphine
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  angstman on Sat Feb 09, 2019 12:34 pm

Delphine wrote:
angstman wrote:In an FUE hair transplantation, each follicular unit is individually taken directly from the scalp with no strip of tissue being removed. Hair follicles are removed in a random fashion and the result is less density in the donor area that many say is not even noticeable. This is the main difference between FUE & FUT.

So what do they do in the FUT?  You left that part out Smile

I gather this process must take quite a while, although I'm sure they've streamlined it.

Sorry, FUT is when they take a strip from the back of your head- almost ear to ear. Mine was about 3/4" wide. From the strip they harvest all the good follicles under a microscope looking for the ones that yield the most hair. Then the follicles are inserted in the areas needed in the front and create a new hairline. It will never be as dense as when I was 20 but they are arranged in a way that will look very close because of their placement. Its an art to get it right.
angstman
angstman

Back to top Go down

Post  Delphine on Sat Feb 09, 2019 3:17 pm

angstman wrote:
Delphine wrote:

So what do they do in the FUT?  You left that part out Smile

Sorry, FUT is when they take a strip from the back of your head- almost ear to ear. Mine was about 3/4" wide. From the strip they harvest all the good follicles under a microscope looking for the ones that yield the most hair. Then the follicles are inserted in the areas needed in the front and create a new hairline. It will never be as dense as when I was 20 but they are arranged in a way that will look very close because of their placement. Its an art to get it right.

Yes, I can imagine the doctor must be very skillful.
Delphine
Delphine

View user profile

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down