Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyToday at 4:25 am by shaftless

» Is it possible that testosterone levels have to be kept within a strict range?
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 3:08 am by Jean-Guy

» I am trying the Growband
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:57 am by Jean-Guy

» Hydrocurc
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 2:48 am by Jean-Guy

» questions about HGH
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyMon Mar 25, 2024 1:24 am by Dudard

» The Vital Role of NAD+ and Niacin in Longevity and Well-being
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 10:25 am by CausticSymmetry

» solar eclipse on april 8
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptySat Mar 23, 2024 1:53 am by shaftless

» Ways to increase adult stem cells
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 4:15 pm by Atlas

» How to increase FGF9
[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan EmptyFri Mar 22, 2024 3:17 am by Atlas

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan

3 posters

Go down

[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan Empty [body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan

Post  niff1250 Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:06 am

Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan

Background:
Androgenetic alopecia (AGA) involves androgen-dependent hair loss and finasteride is an established treatment for the disease. However, reports of the influence of finasteride on hair growth in other areas of the body are lacking.

https://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3969676/

This topics is about body hair and hair loss. I know it has been discussed in the past but not many interesting conclusions so far.
This study shows people with lots of body hair respond better to finasteride.

My father (over 60) has zero hair loss and almost no body hair. I do have both hair loss (diffuse and vertex thinning) and body hair (shoulders, chest mainly).

Does anyone knows what causes lot of body hair ? Is it some sort of hormonal imbalence ? I know body hair is natural, but is getting shoulder hair as early as 20s natural ?

niff1250

Back to top Go down

[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan Empty Re: [body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan

Post  niff1250 Wed Jul 18, 2018 9:42 am

Also, I made some research. It seems there's some correlation between excessive/premature body hair and insuline resistance. At least I've found this correlation for women after google researches. Does the same apply for men ?

niff1250

Back to top Go down

[body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan Empty Re: [body hair] Efficacy of Finasteride for Treating Patients with Androgenetic Alopecia who are Pileous in other Areas: A Pilot Study in Japan

Post  CausticSymmetry Wed Jul 18, 2018 10:29 am

You're correct about the body hair.

Body hair is increased via good levels of IGF-1.

Elevated 5-AR levels in the scalp inhibit IGF-1. This won't effect the body hair, just the hair on the scalp.

So when blocking 5-AR, the IGF-1 levels will increase, allowing hair on the scalp to grow. Therefore, having body hair is a positive sign that good levels of IGF-1 are present.

However, if IGF-1 levels are low, lowering 5-AR will have no effect on hair loss whatsoever.

Now available for consultation (hair and/or health)
http://www.immortalhair.org/health-consultation
CausticSymmetry
CausticSymmetry
Admin

http://www.immortalhair.org/

Back to top Go down

Post  MustGrowHair Sun Jul 22, 2018 10:37 am

CausticSymmetry wrote:You're correct about the body hair.

Body hair is increased via good levels of IGF-1.

Elevated 5-AR levels in the scalp inhibit IGF-1. This won't effect the body hair, just the hair on the scalp.

So when blocking 5-AR, the IGF-1 levels will increase, allowing hair on the scalp to grow. Therefore, having body hair is a positive sign that good levels of IGF-1 are present.

However, if IGF-1 levels are low, lowering 5-AR will have no effect on hair loss whatsoever.

Interesting, however, I have been applying topical finasteride on my head for years now as high as 0.5% daily, and im still balding. The lotion contains minoxidil too.

Im not sure if it has at least slowed it down or not.

My scalp kinda tingles, the foam helps relief this tingling, leads me to believe it's mostly androgens causing that sensation.

Im going to implement dutasteride mesotherapy soon as a hope to completely nuke androgens at scalp level, if it doesn't get better, I guess I can rule out high androgen levels on scalp being a problem.

I am high DHT and tons of bodyhair, I have not had side effects with the foam and don't expect any sides with the dutasteride injections.

I would love to know if someone has got any results at all with the STR device discussed here a couple years ago. I didn't see any evidence of it working. Im considering adding it into my regime but im not sure if it's worth paying 450 bucks for it.

MustGrowHair

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down