Immortal Hair
Would you like to react to this message? Create an account in a few clicks or log in to continue.

Search

Display results as :

Rechercher Advanced Search

Check Out Our Sponsors
Brought to you by
Hair Loss Forum
Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search
Latest topics
» *The first scientific evidence in 2021 that viruses do not exist*
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyToday at 7:03 am by CausticSymmetry

» Potential Natural Products Regulation of Molecular Signaling Pathway in Dermal Papilla Stem Cells
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 17, 2024 7:44 am by CausticSymmetry

» Breast Biopsy
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptySun Apr 14, 2024 2:23 am by shaftless

» Sorry if brought up before but: Best topical to help aid in breaking up fibrosis?
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptySat Apr 13, 2024 2:51 am by Hoppipolla

» solar eclipse on april 8
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 11, 2024 4:04 am by shaftless

» Role and Mechanisms of Phytochemicals in Hair Growth and Health
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyWed Apr 10, 2024 4:20 am by CausticSymmetry

» IH Regimen
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyTue Apr 09, 2024 4:25 pm by CF

» Exosome Theory and Herpes
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyMon Apr 08, 2024 11:16 am by MikeGore

» Difficulty Swallowing During Sleep
Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 EmptyThu Apr 04, 2024 2:57 am by shaftless

Navigation
 Portal
 Index
 Memberlist
 FAQ
 Search

Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method

+61
AlexisG
kraj19
stronghands
zn
Directo
proscar3
Hairbeback
gongosso
uznemirex
Schitz Popinov
AntioxidantsIsGood
Westduck
missedboat07
Jonathan_Strange
Bs1224
Jimbosteve88
brooksDT
Mechanotransduction
keepitsimple
jaredbecker
dokuldudokulecek
tooyoungforthis
brandnew
DrSteveBrule
CampOfDavid
NW0forward
Iwillsucceed
Joey Ramone
HairMeOut
rofl
sanderson
nosei
Growdamnit
Sage 1
Xenon
Jay07
mattc
TLD22
Resistance
SonofOdin
Seuxin
crysanthium
ozash
Pompadour
teacup
iuyyighghghgkh
longhair31
Hotspur
focuspoint
long hair
piranha
RAptor
Reborn Hair PPP
bov51
MovieJunkie89
MikeGore
Smurfy
Biffy
johndoe1225
lookalike
drex1999
65 posters

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next

Go down

Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 Empty Re: Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method

Post  TLD22 Sun Apr 03, 2016 11:09 pm

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
TLD22 wrote:Hello, so I'm new here guys. Been following this thread for a few weeks after I discovered detumescence therapy on that JDMoyer guy's blog. Due to a lot of stress the past half year, I have lost a lot of hair. I guess you could categorise me as a diffuse thinner, since I've lost hair everywhere from my scalp. At first I thought my hair loss was thyroid related but it didn't turn out to be the source of my hair loss.

I started doing DT about a month ago. I've been off and on the massages, but I've been doing it quite frequently the past week, 2 times a day, 20 minutes for each session. At first I would just simply knead/pinch/press with my fingers, but after reading cdto2012's posts I switched to massaging with a pill bottle. Some things I've noticed the first month so far:

1) My shedding hasn't decreased nor increased - curious to see if it will decrease the coming months
2) After 2 weeks in, I noticed a lot of dead skin shedding from my temples and top of my scalp. 4 weeks in I don't shed that much dead skin anymore - maybe because I treat my scalp with a solution of 1:3 ACV/Water everyday.
3) After massaging with my fingers I noticed that my fingertips were quite greasy.
4) I haven't had any release of sticky oil/sebum so far, such as cdto2012 and john doe have mentioned.
5) After 4 weeks I also noticed tiny terminal hairs that were popping up along my hairline. They were at random places though and I only saw a few of them. Curious if they are long hairs that were miniaturized at the beginning of my hairline, if they are actual regrowth or just broken hairs.
6) I also noticed at the beginning of week 2 I lost a lot of eyelash length hairs after massaging.
7) Another thing I noticed was a slight crunching sound when I press/massage my scalp really hard with my fingers.
Cool My scalp also feels a lot more loose and pliable and I can feel a lot of blood flowing to my scalp after massaging. I can feel it even five hours later after massaging which feels great.

My regime:
a) DT everyday, 2x20 minutes: with a pill bottle + Reborn hair PPP techniques
b) Amla/Reetha/Shikakai hair mask  every two weeks - increases blood flow to scalp and apparently it's very good for overall hair health.
c) Apple Cider Vinegar solution; applied overtime after massaging to speed up healing process
d) Magnesium/K2/D3/Cod Liver Oil supplements everyday to counter calcification
e) Olive oil + tea tree against demoted mite, applied at least once everyday
f) Hair oil composed of various oils/essential oils to condition hair
f) Emu Oil for inflammation of scalp
g) Mooring oil - applied everyday to increase blood flow to scalp

At the moment my hairline doesn't seem to recede any further. Not sure about this though. Overall scalp and hair feels great/better after implementing DT. I hope I can also regrow my hairline/temples such as cdto2012. Will post every now and then when I notice any change.

Hey TLD22,

If I may add my input, I think your current results are somewhat promising. I had the same experiences with the crunching sound on my scalp and dead flaky skin. Crunching sound signifies break up of fibrosis/calcification which is a good sign. I am just like you, a diffuse thinner, though not as evident on my YouTube videos due to a comb over.

In a nutshell, I visualize my regimen to a successful result as follows: Healthy diet STOPS hair loss > Dermaroller STIMULATES regrowth > DT and other massage techniques STRENGTHENS existing and vellus hair follicles > Apple Cider Vinegar and other supplemental vitamins DIMINISHES left over calcification = Elastic Scalp due to DILATED blood vessels.  

I can't heavily emphasize enough about the importance of using a dermaroller. You are probably doing this, but as a word of caution, keep a good balance. Apply moderate pressure, once every 2 weeks, and use a dermaroller with these specifications: 1.5mm 192 needles. I never massage my scalp within a 48 hour period from a dermaroller session.

Keep up the good work man. You are definitely on the right track toward fruition.

Reborn Hair PPP (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)

Hello Reborn Hair PPP,

Thanks for your response. It's nice to receive feedback from someone with actual positive DT experiences. I'm quite curious how long it will take me to break up the fibrosis/calcification. When I massage I don't hear a lot of crunching sound; it's quite soft and minimal. Though I must say, my upper scalp is starting to feel loser/softer after every massage session. It feels like I can feel that hard blob of sebum or whatever becoming more flexible thus pliable overtime. I'm wondering when my scalp will actually purge the the sebum oil everyone is talking about. Maybe I just need to wait a while, since I've only been doing DT about 13 days in total, since I slacked off a few weeks ago.

I also believe diet is a very important factor. However I like to implement small changes in my diet, not huge such as leaving out wheat since I've read in another thread that guys who didn't change their diet pattern at all, still received results. However, I try to eat more 5 alpha inhibitor foods to counter DHT. I also try to eat more alkaline foods such as cd mentioned, at least I thought he mentioned that.

I'd actually like to Dermaroll but I'm not sure about it. I don't know anything about derma rolling and it sounds kind of scary, making small wounds on the surface of your skin so it could heal faster. I might snap a roller up since they don't seem to expensive though. Thanks for your recommendation. And yes, I try to maintain a good balance! Hopefully all of this will pay off in the coming weeks Smile.

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:43 am

Indeed glad to hear that your scalp is responding well and you seem dedicated to results.  Actually as good as alkaline foods sound,  my diet has switched to an outwardly acidic diet.  I now drink 3 liters of mostly orange juice a day and take probably near 10,000 mg of vitamin C.   I wonder if this helps with dissolving the calcium deposits.  I do juice green vegetables and carrots. My immune system has never been stronger,  my eyes brighter, and my tongue a healthy pink.  The vitamin C is important to heal the scalp quickly, 2000 mg per day is probably enough.
 As for time to see results. First a camera is important for seeing close up what is happening.  As for random instant grow hairs,  I had about 10 of them that just came out quickly and full diameter in random places.  I wish the majority would regrow like that, but they don't .
  For the monthly progress, my fuzz near my blood vessels started showing lengthening in 3 weeks. Then they take about 2 months to thicken. To look like normal colored hairs it is around 4 months after they start lengthening.  
  The areas for me went in reverse order of loss,  with my upper temples last.  If you are lucky and have not been losing for years maybe we can have a faster response.  I am not sure, it seems that early shedders have a lot to overcome as the hormones are active. The good news is that where I am at, the regrow is wide spread so more hairs are thickening at the same time.
 I think that sebum is just oil and water mix.  It feels sticky rather than slick. If you are getting oils released that is good I think.
 For a visual of the theory,  I have a plastic bowl that gets a sticky grease on it if I do not wash it in hot water. Oils are sticky and hard to remove when they get old or oxidized.  I can imagine in the scalp a calcification sticking to this oil easily similar to the hard plaque build up on the teeth.  I can see why it takes time to press such a condition back to health.
   I get PM messages, there are a handful of guys progressing.  I also opened a thread on one of the major forums, so we should have more joining us here.  At least it is a treatment with lots of action and mostly positive results.  The only problem I have heard of is the scalp not healing fast enough and the pain being a lot.  Mostly vitamin C and take it slowly for them.

Last edited by cdto2012 on Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:05 am; edited 1 time in total

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Apr 04, 2016 8:52 am

Thanks for the update cd, glad to hear from you

I'm also taking vit. C, but I actually only started because I'm taking MSM powder.  I take 3g of vitamin C a day, in two doses.  I take 15 grams of OptiMSM along with 1.5 grams of vitamin C twice a day, as far apart from each other as I can.

I think my problem is that I'm focusing way too much on my actual problem areas and not so much on the whole scalp, although I use a more gentle one handed press and small circles (with your pill bottle method) all over my scalp, but when I get to my problem areas, I use two handed pressure and small circles.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Mon Apr 04, 2016 9:38 am

cdto2012 wrote:Indeed glad to hear that your scalp is responding well and you seem dedicated to results.  Actually as good as alkaline foods sound,  my diet has switched to an outwardly acidic diet.  I now drink 3 liters of mostly orange juice a day and take probably near 10,000 mg of vitamin C.   I wonder if this helps with dissolving the calcium deposits.  I do juice green vegetables and carrots. My immune system has never been stronger,  my eyes brighter, and my tongue a healthy pink.  The vitamin C is important to heal the scalp quickly, 2000 mg per day is probably enough.
 As for time to see results. First a camera is important for seeing close up what is happening.  As for random instant grow hairs,  I had about 10 of them that just came out quickly and full diameter in random places.  I wish the majority would regrow like that, but they don't .
  For the monthly progress, my fuzz near my blood vessels started showing lengthening in 3 weeks. Then they take about 2 months to thicken. To look like normal colored hairs it is around 4 months after they start lengthening.  
  The areas for me went in reverse order of loss,  with my upper temples last.  If you are lucky and have not been losing for years maybe we can have a faster response.  I am not sure, it seems that early shedders have a lot to overcome as the hormones are active. The good news is that where I am at, the regrow is wide spread so more hairs are thickening at the same time.
 I think that sebum is just oil and water mix.  It feels sticky rather than slick. If you are getting oils released that is good I think.
 For a visual of the theory,  I have a plastic bowl that gets a sticky grease on it is I do not wash it in hot water. Oils are sticky and hard to remove when they get old or oxidized.  I can imagine in the scalp a calcification sticking to this oil easily similar to the hard plaque build up on the teeth.  I can see why it takes time to press such a condition back to health.
   I get PM messages, there are a handful of guys progressing.  I also opened a thread on one of the major forums, so we should have more joining us here.  At least it is a treatment with lots of action and mostly positive results.  The only problem I have heard of is the scalp not healing fast enough and the pain being a lot.  Mostly vitamin C and take it slowly for them.

Helle cdto,

Thanks for your response. I might buy some vitamin C supplements then. Sadly I have a quite sensitive stomach. My GP advised me to avoid overly acidic foods so I'm not sure if an acidic diet would work for me.
I try to make photos every now and then to capture my progress, but my camera of my phone broke last month so I can't really take close up pictures. Interesting to hear about those 10 random hairs - I also have about 10 hairs that popped up out of nowhere and have full diameter.
Guess I'll have to wait a few months then to see real progress. I'm already glad though that my scalp is already feeling a lot better. I love that sensation of blood flowing into your scalp. I don't really mind the shedding at the moment since I have the feeling it is caused by the increased blood flow. I guess it'll grow back but we'll see.

I think I have been receding for about 1,5-2 years, but in a very slow pace. But my receding hairline became really noticeable the past 6 months. I'm only 21 so I'm curious how fast it will grow back, with my hormones still active and such. I still have quite a lot of hair (Indonesian descent; very thick curly hair) but it's just annoying that I lost like 1/4 of all of my hair.

My fingertips are slightly greased after massaging; could that be the oil you're mentioning? I can already feel that I can manipulate the thickened/hardened part on top of my scalp, near my forehead. I can sort of move it around and I can leave dents in it. Hopefully it's the fibrosis or calcification breaking up. That would be great since I'm only on DT for 2 weeks. I actually had quite a sore scalp after massaging with a pill bottle and making circles, but after applying ACV my scalp felt fine. It only feels sore 'beneath' the skin - the surface isn't that sore. I guess I'm stimulating the deeper layers of my skin which is great indication, isn't it? When I start massaging, it feels slightly painful at some places, but like you earlier mentioned, I focus on those spots and massage them even deeper. The pain is only there in the beginning. But overall, I don't have a lot of pain after massaging. Could you possibly post the link of that major thread you were talking about? Thanks for your response, I really appreciate it!

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Apr 04, 2016 10:02 am

Below is the link, kind of an anomaly to those guys mostly on meds. I will just let the pictures reach the people that are interested. I use my cheap samsung cell phone for my photos.
Yes you are young, it in hope that guys like you can have a life with normal hair, glad you are up for the try. Oh, for most of my life I ate very healthy and almost never ate fruit or anything sweet. I thought I would get very sick going on a fruit juice only fast. Much to my surprise the effect on my body was very positive. There are some less acidic vitamin C forms like ester C .

http://www.ester-c.com/Benefits.htm

http://www.hairlosstalk.com/interact/showthread.php/97879-Progress-on-my-regrowth-with-pictures

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:17 am

Some of those hostile responses you got are depressing for putting so much work into this.

I hate to ask again, but could you please tell me if I got the massage process down;

You take the pill bottle, take the rounded edge on the bottom (the "sharp" point), press hard into the scalp, make a very small circle while pressed (like 1/2 inch) and basically do that on the whole scalp, including the sides, etc., for like 30 minutes twice a day, or however long it takes you to cover the whole scalp?

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Mon Apr 04, 2016 1:03 pm

Actually the responses to me were pretty respectful based on the underlying theory of that site. The idea that unless you directly block DHT you have no chance to regrow, for them to basically be respectful and even encouraging me to continue was appreciated.

For the massage method,  a pill bottle is different than a vitamin bottle.  You want the bottom rounded edge of the vitamin bottle to be pressed into the scalp as you described. Yes circles are good, even sometimes I shake it up (1/2 inch) and down across the scalp bone  as I press. Just move the skin across the bones without creasing or rubbing across the skin too much.

On that site I did not post any photos of the thickest regrow on the sides. I thought it might be too much to accept with full diameter hairs in 5 months. I actually need to update those side photos, as much of the lighter hairs did not show ( and I had shaved a few days previously that area )

So in no way am I depressed of discouraged. I have so much regrow in progress it is a job to keep up with documenting it.

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Apr 04, 2016 11:42 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Actually the responses to me were pretty respectful based on the underlying theory of that site. The idea that unless you directly block DHT you have no chance to regrow, for them to basically be respectful and even encouraging me to continue was appreciated.

For the massage method,  a pill bottle is different than a vitamin bottle.  You want the bottom rounded edge of the vitamin bottle to be pressed into the scalp as you described. Yes circles are good, even sometimes I shake it up (1/2 inch) and down across the scalp bone  as I press. Just move the skin across the bones without creasing or rubbing across the skin too much.

On that site I did not post any photos of the thickest regrow on the sides.  I thought it might be too much to accept with full diameter hairs in 5 months.  I actually need to update those side photos,  as much of the lighter hairs did not show ( and I had shaved a few days previously that area )  

So in no way am I depressed of discouraged.  I have so much regrow in progress it is a job to keep up with documenting it.

Hey thanks, also yes I meant vitamin bottle, not sure why I said pill bottle, I don't even take pills Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Tue Apr 05, 2016 8:09 pm

cdto2012 wrote:Below  is the link, kind of an anomaly to those guys mostly on meds.  I will just let the pictures reach the people that are interested.     I use my cheap samsung cell phone for my photos.
    Yes you are young,  it in hope that guys like you can have a life with normal hair,  glad you are up for the try. Oh,  for most of my life I ate very healthy and almost never ate fruit or anything sweet. I thought I would get very sick going on a fruit juice only fast. Much to my surprise the effect on my body was very positive. There are some less acidic vitamin C forms like  ester C .

Hello,

Thanks for posting the link, I will check it out. I'll try to fix my camera and make pictures so I can document my progress. I might post some pictures in the future here if I see changes/improvement.
Yeah I'm glad I actually found this thread. Something remarkable happened yesterday: I could hear a lot of crunching sound when massaging with a pill bottle. My scalp also seems more sore/painful, but my hairloss has somehow lessened? I'll keep track of it, interesting development. Hopefully my scalp has shed all of it's weak hairs so new hairs can grow in, haha.

(I had to remove the external links, otherwise I can't post a reply since I'm a new member.)

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Wed Apr 06, 2016 5:31 am

TLD22 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
TLD22 wrote:Hello, so I'm new here guys. Been following this thread for a few weeks after I discovered detumescence therapy on that JDMoyer guy's blog. Due to a lot of stress the past half year, I have lost a lot of hair. I guess you could categorise me as a diffuse thinner, since I've lost hair everywhere from my scalp. At first I thought my hair loss was thyroid related but it didn't turn out to be the source of my hair loss.

I started doing DT about a month ago. I've been off and on the massages, but I've been doing it quite frequently the past week, 2 times a day, 20 minutes for each session. At first I would just simply knead/pinch/press with my fingers, but after reading cdto2012's posts I switched to massaging with a pill bottle. Some things I've noticed the first month so far:

1) My shedding hasn't decreased nor increased - curious to see if it will decrease the coming months
2) After 2 weeks in, I noticed a lot of dead skin shedding from my temples and top of my scalp. 4 weeks in I don't shed that much dead skin anymore - maybe because I treat my scalp with a solution of 1:3 ACV/Water everyday.
3) After massaging with my fingers I noticed that my fingertips were quite greasy.
4) I haven't had any release of sticky oil/sebum so far, such as cdto2012 and john doe have mentioned.
5) After 4 weeks I also noticed tiny terminal hairs that were popping up along my hairline. They were at random places though and I only saw a few of them. Curious if they are long hairs that were miniaturized at the beginning of my hairline, if they are actual regrowth or just broken hairs.
6) I also noticed at the beginning of week 2 I lost a lot of eyelash length hairs after massaging.
7) Another thing I noticed was a slight crunching sound when I press/massage my scalp really hard with my fingers.
Cool My scalp also feels a lot more loose and pliable and I can feel a lot of blood flowing to my scalp after massaging. I can feel it even five hours later after massaging which feels great.

My regime:
b) Amla/Reetha/Shikakai hair mask  every two weeks - increases blood flow to scalp and apparently it's very good for overall hair health.
c) Apple Cider Vinegar solution; applied overtime after massaging to speed up healing process

At the moment my hairline doesn't seem to recede any further. Not sure about this though. Overall scalp and hair feels great/better after implementing DT. I hope I can also regrow my hairline/temples such as cdto2012. Will post every now and then when I notice any change.

Hey TLD22,

If I may add my input, I think your current results are somewhat promising. I had the same experiences with the crunching sound on my scalp and dead flaky skin. Crunching sound signifies break up of fibrosis/calcification which is a good sign. I am just like you, a diffuse thinner, though not as evident on my YouTube videos due to a comb over.

In a nutshell, I visualize my regimen to a successful result as follows: Healthy diet STOPS hair loss > Dermaroller STIMULATES regrowth > DT and other massage techniques STRENGTHENS existing and vellus hair follicles > Apple Cider Vinegar and other supplemental vitamins DIMINISHES left over calcification = Elastic Scalp due to DILATED blood vessels.  

I can't heavily emphasize enough about the importance of using a dermaroller. You are probably doing this, but as a word of caution, keep a good balance. Apply moderate pressure, once every 2 weeks, and use a dermaroller with these specifications: 1.5mm 192 needles. I never massage my scalp within a 48 hour period from a dermaroller session.

Keep up the good work man. You are definitely on the right track toward fruition.

Hello Reborn Hair PPP,

Thanks for your response. It's nice to receive feedback from someone with actual positive DT experiences. I'm quite curious how long it will take me to break up the fibrosis/calcification. When I massage I don't hear a lot of crunching sound; it's quite soft and minimal. Though I must say, my upper scalp is starting to feel loser/softer after every massage session. It feels like I can feel that hard blob of sebum or whatever becoming more flexible thus pliable overtime. I'm wondering when my scalp will actually purge the the sebum oil everyone is talking about. Maybe I just need to wait a while, since I've only been doing DT about 13 days in total, since I slacked off a few weeks ago.

I also believe diet is a very important factor. However I like to implement small changes in my diet, not huge such as leaving out wheat since I've read in another thread that guys who didn't change their diet pattern at all, still received results. However, I try to eat more 5 alpha inhibitor foods to counter DHT. I also try to eat more alkaline foods such as cd mentioned, at least I thought he mentioned that.

I'd actually like to Dermaroll but I'm not sure about it. I don't know anything about derma rolling and it sounds kind of scary, making small wounds on the surface of your skin so it could heal faster. I might snap a roller up since they don't seem to expensive though. Thanks for your recommendation. And yes, I try to maintain a good balance! Hopefully all of this will pay off in the coming weeks Smile.

Hey TLD22,

Calcification/fibrosis break up varies among individuals depending on the advancement of your hair loss. It looks like you are only receding minimally at the temples so it might take you less time to break up calcification/fibrosis. For me it was probably 6-7 months. I feel if the crunching sound lessens, then that's a good indicator your scalp is responding and recovering quite well. FYI, it took about 7-8 months for me to no longer feel any sebum release.

I think your diet is fine, and again, it's just a small piece to the big puzzle. An optimal diet will only maintain your current hair and prevent hair loss. If you are lucky, it may expedite the growth cycle considering the stem cells and growth hormones are present within the miniaturized follicles.

Reborn Hair PPP, (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)
Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Wed Apr 06, 2016 6:41 am

Hey cd, I follow all the advice you've given so far, but would you say that if we get those nice craters (or dents) in our scalp that we are basically doing it right? I know it's not that simple, but that's more or less a good indicator, right?

Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Regrowth Photos DT-CPR method  - Page 7 Empty Photos a week before 6 months

Post  cdto2012 Thu Apr 07, 2016 4:10 pm

John Doe,   yes the little dents that last a short time are good,  and never leave bruise marks.  

I posted a few updated photos on the link below.  I want to document the hairs well now, before they soon look just like the grafts.
 If you want to preserve your face well from dark circles and lines you can see what I posted on the second link.

photos
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11945-selected-dt-cpr-photographs#127754

face care
https://immortalhair.forumotion.com/t11965-dhea-to-boost-youthfulness

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Fri Apr 08, 2016 12:07 am

Hey cd

Ok thanks again.

Also about facial massage, I'm really into facial exercise, doing "Facerobics" from Youtube right now, with a few of Tom Hagerty's facial exercises mixed in that I like.  I'm mostly trying to fix hollow/sunken eyeballs.  It's actually pretty fun Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Wed Apr 13, 2016 8:26 pm

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:
TLD22 wrote:
Reborn Hair PPP wrote:

My regime:

Hey TLD22,

Hello Reborn Hair PPP,

Hey TLD22,

Calcification/fibrosis break up varies among individuals depending on the advancement of your hair loss. It looks like you are only receding minimally at the temples so it might take you less time to break up calcification/fibrosis. For me it was probably 6-7 months. I feel if the crunching sound lessens, then that's a good indicator your scalp is responding and recovering quite well. FYI, it took about 7-8 months for me to no longer feel any sebum release.

I think your diet is fine, and again, it's just a small piece to the big puzzle. An optimal diet will only maintain your current hair and prevent hair loss. If you are lucky, it may expedite the growth cycle considering the stem cells and growth hormones are present within the miniaturized follicles.

Reborn Hair PPP, (Prayer, Patience, Perseverance)

Hello Reborn Hair PPP,

Sorry for my late response. I have been rather busy the past weeks. I guess you're right. I'm only receding minimally at my temples; I'm actually more worried about my receding hairline. Guess I'll just have to stick to a strict DT regime and hopefully I'll see results.

Could you give some instructions on how to use a DR? I've done some research and actually like to try it. It isn't that expensive and results seem to appear rather quickly, so why not try it. Except I have one question: You recommended a DR with a length of 1.5 mm. However, most sites recommend 0,3-0,5 for hair regrowth and I've also read that 1.5 mm might be too invasive. So why did you pick a 1,5 mm roller? For a more intense healing proces, which could lead to faster hair regrowth?

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Apr 14, 2016 12:42 am

Hey cd

I have a question, today I was pressing on my left temple area and maybe I pressed too hard or something, and a kind of sharp pain traveled from where I was pressing up a little bit to the top area of my head, have you ever experienced this? It kind of scared me, it's fine now though.

Thanks

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  cdto2012 Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:23 am

Hi,   never had any remote nerve pain.  I did have a young guy PM me and he had a lasting nerve reaction from pressing. He was very young and thinning, I guess he had a unique scalp to be shedding so young.  I told him to stop the pressing and start slow with hand massage after the nerves return to normal. People need to be patient enough to let the body heal after any lasting pain after massage.

Last edited by cdto2012 on Thu Apr 14, 2016 5:23 am; edited 1 time in total

cdto2012

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Thu Apr 14, 2016 2:37 am

Alright thanks alot, I guess I'll just keep doing what I'm doing and back off if it hurts like that and then try later in the day.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  Reborn Hair PPP Sat Apr 16, 2016 1:42 pm

Hey TLD22,

I usually perform 60 vertical and 60 horizontal strokes on each balding region applying only moderate pressure with a 1.5mm DR. I do sometimes have tiny blood spots but the objective is to experience mild erythema (pinkish/red skin coloration). The reason I chose 1.5mm is because the study used the same dimension for efficacy. Here is the study in case you need to reference it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/. Minoxidil or any other hair loss drug is not needed to obtain satisfactory results. I am living proof that it works without drugs and the younger you are, the better and faster your results will be. There is a good YouTube video showing how to properly use the dermaroller here: http://dermarollerinfo.com/micro-needling-derma-roller-for-hair-loss/.

If 1.5mm feels too penetrable causing discomfort, start small with 0.5mm and work your way up until your scalp adjusts to the pain. By the way, the pain is always "epidemic" during the first few strokes but later subsides after your scalp responds to the treatment.

Good luck!

Reborn Hair PPP
Reborn Hair PPP

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Sun Apr 17, 2016 3:43 am

Reborn Hair PPP wrote:Hey TLD22,

I usually perform 60 vertical and 60 horizontal strokes on each balding region applying only moderate pressure with a 1.5mm DR. I do sometimes have tiny blood spots but the objective is to experience mild erythema (pinkish/red skin coloration). The reason I chose 1.5mm is because the study used the same dimension for efficacy. Here is the study in case you need to reference it: http://www.ncbi.nlm.nih.gov/pmc/articles/PMC3746236/. Minoxidil or any other hair loss drug is not needed to obtain satisfactory results. I am living proof that it works without drugs and the younger you are, the better and faster your results will be. There is a good YouTube video showing how to properly use the dermaroller here: http://dermarollerinfo.com/micro-needling-derma-roller-for-hair-loss/.

If 1.5mm feels too penetrable causing discomfort, start small with 0.5mm and work your way up until your scalp adjusts to the pain. By the way, the pain is always "epidemic" during the first few strokes but later subsides after your scalp responds to the treatment.

Good luck!

Thanks for your explanation. After reading some other threads, I decided to buy a 1.5 mm one, just to make sure I get optimal penetration. I think I'll start with fewer strokes and lighter pressure, so my skin can adapt to it. Since I just started two handed pressure pill bottle massaging, my scalp still needs to adjust to that. It's very tempting to buy a DR at the moment, but I think it's better if I stick with DT for now. Lately the crunching sounds have increased and more oil/sebum is released during sessions, so I want to see what more results I can obtain in a month. I might buy a DR in a few weeks, even though I can't really wait to try it. Like you said - balance is key, so I think it's better to wait with dermarolling for now Smile.

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:12 am

cdto;

That sharp shooting pain that I told you about last week around my left temple doesn't happen anymore when I do your massage, I'm really excited, just in case anyone was interested or following the progress Very Happy

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:23 am

Glad to hear that John. Guess I could also give an update. I'm now on day 21 of DT. I've started doing two handed pressure massaging with the pill bottle since 4 days. The first 2 days it was quite painful, but now I can simply apply more pressure without a lot of pain. I also had quite some oil release and dead skin shedding. Not a lot else to report though at the moment.

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  johndoe1225 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:26 am

Good to hear, also I noticed that it's very easy to create those dents/craters in the areas with hair loss, but on the sides/back/etc where my hair is fine, the dents are either very small or don't appear at all.

johndoe1225

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Mon Apr 18, 2016 7:34 am

Yeah you're right now you say it. I also noticed that. I'm quite curious if those dents will become smaller or less noticeable after a few more weeks of DT.

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  mattc Mon Apr 18, 2016 10:35 am

Hey guys, I'm new around here but I'm just popping in to give a few advices and say that you NEED to be dedicated with the technique and give it time!

First of all keep in mind that it's not about how much time you spend doing the exercises.
The fundamental part lies in HOW you do them and how constant you are in doing them: 5 minutes every day are definitely more useful than 20 minutes 3 times a week.
You also need to be sure that during the first weeks of exercises your scalp gets sore and achy after the pinching session.
Obviously the massage part is also VERY important: a sore scalp doesn't have a beneficial blood flow, it needs to relax and stretch as much as possible after that induced trauma.

Remember that we are talking about permanent reconditioning and you can achieve that exclusively by an every day basis consistency over a prolonged period of time.

My session consists in three phases applied to the areas afflicted by fibrosis PLUS the frontal eminence, temporal region/side of the head and occipital region/back of the head:
- compression (8 fingers, two hands; palm of the hands for the frontal eminence and temporal region; joined hands for the occipital region);
- pinching (8 fingers, two hands; 4 fingers, two hands for the smaller/more specific areas;);
- massaging (using the hands as I see fit, since they are tired from the previous exercises).

If you have other localized fibrosis/expansion/bumps, I suggest you to apply the three phases to those spots too.

I pinch and massage in both horizontal and vertical direction.

I also suggest using a cotton towel.
A useful tip is to fold the towel for the compression part, that will help to apply the right amount of force to the scalp without overdoing it.
Keep it open for the pinching part.
Finding the right sensitivity is not immediate, but you'll surely achieve it after a short trial and error phase.
Using a towel is also extremely fundamental in helping to keep your hair (and hands) much, much cleaner.

If you're busy and can't manage to do the exercises, don't fuss about it.
If you're tired and feel the need to go sleep and haven't done the exercises, don't do them.
Stay relaxed, you'll recover the next day/s: we're aiming at stable results that stem from consistency in the long run.

Diet is an important factor too, but it's not fundamental: don't stress over it.
Being too fixated (in general) causes the galea to re-tighten and that is counter productive.
Be sure to eat properly as much as you can and take the time to learn some nutrition basics: no need for supplements and such.

Learn about phytic acid and vitamins.

Also remember that what might work for me, could be bad for you (and viceversa).
We're all different and have different metabolism.
Find out what is good for you and stick to that, keeping in mind that variation is king when it comes down to food absorption.

Besides this, the real and main tip about nutrition lies in drastically reducing salt and refined sugars, get used to that and you're halfway through as far as diet goes.
Your general health will improve too.

Last advice: I HIGHLY suggest everybody to use a common Tangle Teezer (the original one is the best due to it's specific ergonomics).
It's great to redistribute sebum and it's highly proficient in letting you know exactly where the fibrosis is taking place (in particular when you forward brush).
If you try it you'll know exactly what I mean.
It's also very, very useful if you want to quickly relax the scalp but haven't got time for even a quick session of exercises.
In my opinion it's great and it's a less invasive alternative to the dermaroller.

Take a good 2 minutes to delicately but decisively brush your hair and scalp (forward AND backwards) every morning after you wake up, and at night before you go to sleep.
A good brushing session before and after the exercises is also suggested.
A one minute brush is great, too!
If you have more time, brush for longer than 2 or 3 minutes.

If you manage to squeeze another couple of brushing sessions during the day, even better!
If that's not possible, no problem!
Remember to keep the brush clean and use it properly: if the teeth start to bend or break, you're using it too violently.

You'll also soon notice that between this and the towel usage your hair will remain cleaner, for much longer.

In conclusion this is not a technique, it's a personal holistic approach.
Take your time to find your specific balance between diet, scalp exercises and general relaxation methods.

The most important thing is that you need to be as stress free as possible if you really want this to work: if it generates mental and/or physical pressure in your everyday life, then it's not going to be beneficial.

All the best,
Matt

mattc

Back to top Go down

Post  TLD22 Thu Apr 21, 2016 6:34 am

Hello Matt,

Thanks for your tips and welcome. I will keep some of them in mind. Time for an update: I've been on my 24th day of DT and I can actually see some peach fuzz growing near my hairline; small, spiky vellus hairs. Very glad to see DT is paying off for me that quick Smile. Will keep you guys posted.

TLD22

Back to top Go down

Post  Sponsored content

Sponsored content

Back to top Go down

Page 7 of 28 Previous  1 ... 6, 7, 8 ... 17 ... 28  Next